The players that could add to Boks attacking prowess.

Forum » Rugby » The players that could add to Boks attacking prowess.

Oct 08, 2019, 14:49

You could start with Snyman. 

Reinach on bench for Jantjes. 

Brits on bench as cover for 6.

Willemse on bench for Frans. 

What think the oaks? 

Oct 09, 2019, 00:15

Good calls

I’d have Nkosi ahead of Mapimpi as well

Oct 09, 2019, 00:29

I'd have the water boy for Dud Allende at 12.

Oct 09, 2019, 00:36

de Allende has been good all World Cup, was particularly good against Italy with his physicality and 3 off loads

Looked good today again despite playing out of position

He is hitting form at the right time

We just need to lose useless Frans and Mostert from the equation and all will be well. Mostert has almost slipped out of sight, Willemse unfortunately has not had enough time to show how much a better bench option he would be than Frans

Let’s face it Frans and Mostert have been useless all WC

Oct 09, 2019, 00:38

By the way on Reinach....it was all there for everybody with half a brain to see. The wing-like pace, the random number box kick, the less than crisp passes and the inability to get to the base of the ruck.

Start Reinach against England or the ABs and it's far more likely that bad Cobus will appear than good Cobus.

Stick with Faf and stick with moz.

Oct 09, 2019, 00:43

Nonsense Dave....Frans broke the line every time today, passed crisply at the right time, kicked with imagination and made an excellent turnover.

The whole backline functioned better than it has with Dud's brainless tractoring and dead end running.

He has also made tackles on opposing centres from behind, belying bs about his pace. I suppose Dud could have, but he prefers loping behind the movement.

Oct 09, 2019, 01:04

Moz the only thing Frans did was run straight into the opposition as he always does. It’s predictable and easy to defend against

His kicking options were potentially good it’s just a pity the execution was poor

Frans is piss poor these days - just too old and cumbersome to make a worthwhile contribution at test level

Rassie has got a lot right but the recall of Frans is a complete flop

Oct 09, 2019, 01:06

Reinach is a good player, but he has not done much at test level in tight test matches. 

He is an upgraded Hougaard- great in a fast open game, but exposed as a small wing in the tight matches. His pass is at least better than the clumsy bumbling Hougaard. 

Jantjies has a better pass than Reinach, and his error rate is minimal. 

Oct 09, 2019, 01:33

A chip kick that dies 1 metre into the in goal area is not poorly executed, it's almost perfect.....Jantjies did exactly the same thing.

In any case, I think Eraser will go with Dud and Am, the worst centre combination destined for the QFs. Dud is simply not smart enough to be a playmaker and Am really has nothing special other than familiarity with the system.

Oct 09, 2019, 01:41

Disagree our centre pair is better than most.

de Allende is in form and Am has shown for the Sharks that he has good speed a good step and he likes to be involved.

Given the squad it’s a no brainier that they start.

It’s now just a question of who will be on the bench.

Frans or Willemse, it should be the younger, far more creative and far far quicker Willemse but unfortunately game time is on Frans’s side

I just hope with 1min to go we don’t have another Argie 12 moment in a play off game

Oct 09, 2019, 01:46

As for Reinach - what utter horse shit

There is nothing wrong with his service and he has simply been outstanding for the Saints all year, form that he showed today

He was never given a good run at test level so to say he failed is ignorance of the highest level

Reinach is a class act and I’d be more than happy with him starting for the Boks

Oct 09, 2019, 02:14

I hope we don't have a Willemse against the ABs in Pretoria moment, where the challenge was to lock down a win......and he went awol trying to do something glamorous leaving a huge gap at the back Moanga exploited. Game lost....you know, that kind of moment.

Oct 09, 2019, 02:20

"Reinach is a class act"...

Another one....gosh, how long is the list.

Laughing Graphics

Oct 09, 2019, 02:21

Strzok

This is a joke in bad taste,  Steyn did the unforgivable again today,   There were four players outside of him when the Springboks made a possession turnover and what did Steyn do?  He kicked it into the in goal area for the Canadians to touch down and a 22 meter kick-in followed,

Steyn's kicking game has always been a problem - a very bad one indeed whether on test or SR level.   It was again in evidence in the WC where he made some very poor kicks when he was supposed to take better options,   

As to defense it really was a  nightmare today - as the case normally is with him.   4 Tackles made and 3 tackles missed.   

It is just not feasible to play him at center and will be a disaster against the stronger teams in the WC play-offs.

As to your latest post - another day, another distortion,    Normal with you though,                

Oct 09, 2019, 06:35

So here is the truth about Frans dead ball kick.

1 Reinach up and unders...Snyman regathers and passes to the ever present Mostert who runs strongly.

2 It comes back to Reinach who passes to Steyn.

3 Outside Frans he has Jantjies....then there are 4 Canadian defenders. Dud is 10 metres behind the play as usual and not useable.....25 metres away there is a pod consisting of Willemse and Gelant right on the touchline.

4 Frans instantly sums up the situation....there is no wayto access the pod by passing.

5 So from 45 metres out he kicks for the Gelant/Willemse chasers.

6 The kick is brilliantly executed, bouncing dangerously at the line, but the Canadian 10 gets there a step before Gelant and just dots down.

That's the truth of the situation where Muck claims he had 4 players outside him....he actually had 7 .....one Bok, then 4 Canadians and then 2 Boks.

Sickening to read this rubbish day after day, what a pitiful standard of debate.

Oct 09, 2019, 07:08

Sickening to read this rubbish day after day, what a pitiful standard of debate.

Fortunately I think most posters have learned by now not to take anything Mike says about on field events seriously.

Oct 09, 2019, 09:11

So Strzok ansd Comey

"Sickening to read your rubbish day after day, what a pitiful standard of debate."

I love the Strzok quote and his deception and lies used in discussions of this nature,   Steyn played in 3 games and he has the amazing stats of 11 tackles made and 4 missed.   A missed tackle ratio of 26,67% was against Namibia and Canada in the WC - what would it be against stronger teams?

When that aspect is queried and mentioned it is basically ignored.   Fact is it is not only the stats - but also the fact that players just run around him as a result of poor pace.

Strzok's 3,4,5 and 6 above are total lies and deception as per normal.   Try again Mozart - the kick was not capable of being followed up on.   Secondly is it necessary to lie about from where the kick was made from and where the other 4 players were? 

Your combined campaign against De Allende has been ongoing for years and is always motivated as to what happened in 2015.   When a lie as patented as a reason for the attacks one has to winder what else to expect from the two of you,   Happy distortion and Liars Day (again) to you two.         

Oct 09, 2019, 10:23

Do you have a copy of the game or are you recalling the event above from memory?

Oct 09, 2019, 11:32

Denise that was for your benefit - hook line and sinker

Puppet on a string you class act!!!

Oct 09, 2019, 12:53

Comey 

That kick was NEVER the one I referred to - even the one Mozart referred to was also a rank BS kick.   Steyn made 3 poorly executed kicks in the game yesterday.

Just put this into you pipe and smoke it.   When De Allende left the field yesterday the backline died with him.  That was why the tries became less in the second half.         

Oct 09, 2019, 13:04

Agreed!!!

The debate on here has been piss poor for many a year. Saying the same thing over and over and over again ... everyday ... is a major bore. It's pointless debating anything.

... and then Stupid Dave comes in and regresses the standard even further with his ignorance.

The man's a damn fool. Has been from the start.

"That player is the best in the world" ...

"No he isn't" ...

"Yes he is" ...

"No he isn't" ...

"Yes he is" ...

"No he isn't" ...

"Yes he is" ...

"No he isn't" ...

"Yes he is" ...

"No he isn't" ...

"Yes he is" ...

... and so it carries on.

The scary thing is that it's not gong to change. It's been like this for the last 10 years ... and it's going to remain the same for the next 10.

Oct 09, 2019, 13:10

When De Allende left the field yesterday the backline died with him.  That was why the tries became less in the second half.       

He was on for 23 minutes in the second half, during which time we scored 1 try. In the last 17 minutes after he left we scored two tries. Another fantastic theory ou Mike. Absolutely brilliant.

Oct 09, 2019, 13:30

Clean Cunt here is a suggestion - why don’t you fuck off permanently for you add absolutely no value to this site at all.

Your rugby knowledge is an embarrassment but the worst thing about you is that you are a homophobic racist

Fuck off you low life

Oct 09, 2019, 13:37

There sis a differemnce between what I said - I said the backline petered out.

Oct 09, 2019, 13:44

When De Allende left the field yesterday the backline died with him.
That was why the tries became less in the second half.      

That is what you said. And then Willemse scored a beautiful backline try just minutes after DA left. I don't have medicine for your foot in mouth disease, unfortunately.

Oct 09, 2019, 14:36

It is always hard to make idiots understand anything on site,  In the 53 minutes De Allende was on the field there were 8 tries scored - 7 by backline players and 1 by a forward,   After he left there were 2 tries scored - 1 by a forward and 1 by a backline player,   Get the message dimness?  I think not the whole issue is totally beyond what can be expected from you as a mental retard,

Get the message?   With De Allende on there were 7 backline tries. ie a try on an average  of every 8 minutes.  When he went off - it was 1 backline  try in 27 minutes.     

Oct 09, 2019, 14:56

The entire flow of the game changed after minute 30, in case you didn't notice. Canada tightened up, the Boks seemed to take their foot off the pedal. For the next 25 minutes (with Damian on the field) the Boks could only manage one intercept try through Frans Steyn before Schalk Brits finally got over with his solo effort. Damian didn't even touch the ball in the 40 second leadup and multiple phases that lead to Brits' try, and if you watch carefully, it is Steyn's dummy run that opens the inside gap Brits dances into by pinning the key defender.

So between minute 30 and minute 63 (33 minutes) with Damian on the field we scored two tries (neither of which had anything to do with him). Then in the last 17 minutes without him we scored two tries. So the tries dried up while Damian was still on the field - for a full 33 minutes in his presence.

It is these simplistic bullshit arguments that lead to pointless exchanges like this. You are so devoid of any ability to assess the game tactically Mike, it's a fucking joke.

Oct 09, 2019, 16:19

DDA vs Canada

Made one particularly poor choice to kick from our 22 when had a 3 or 4 man overlap and we'd likely have run the length of the field.

Say what you want, but he'll never be even an averagely smart player. With him chances will always be missed and until he retires we'll still be amazed every time he manages a schoolboy offload.

He has singlehandly turned Bok fans to appreciating mediocrity in midfield.

Oct 09, 2019, 16:20

Muck this is what you said.....

'This is a joke in bad taste, Steyn did the unforgivable again today, There were four players outside of him when the Springboks made a possession turnover and what did Steyn do? He kicked it into the in goal area for the Canadians to touch down and a 22 meter kick-in followed'

.......lying about the lie, what motivates this serial dishonesty? What environment rewarded this disgusting behaviour? Working in provincial government seems a likely candidate.

Oct 09, 2019, 16:22

That's was DDA...NOT Steyn!!!

Oct 09, 2019, 16:58

Strzok

The only  serial dishonest person on this site is you - that is why you thoroughly deserve the name I have assigned to you.   You distort things and lie and lie and lie about what happens in games and invent reasons for certain occurrences which is a total physical impossibility,   Happy Distortion and Liars Day to you.

Just one thing how do you justify the atrocious defense of Steyn yesterday.  I guess it was De Allende going out of line causing Steyn to miss routine tackles - or was it the fault of Malherbe? Find a reason please.  Steyn played in two tests and was on the bench in one game in the WC tests - In the game where he came off the bench he made no tackles and missed none,  In the   other games Steyn made in total 7 tackles and missed 4 - for a missed tackle ration of 26,67.  So does Steyn only make real tackles and De Allende makes "process tackles"?   

And you want this deficient defender playing against centers better than the ones of Namibia and Canada?   LMAO.       

Comey

You are totally incapable to deal with performance of players performances in games - stupid and really rugby illiterate!!!!!!!!!!!LMAO  

Oct 09, 2019, 21:14

Diversion, obfuscation.........plain old lies. This is not about Frans' defence......it's about your disgusting lie about his kick ahead. Sucked out of your dirty thumb like all your theories.

Stop lying man.

Oct 09, 2019, 21:27

Strzok

No it dealt with Steyn's performance to warrant selection at 12 as recommended by you and pointed out deficiencies - particularly in kicking and defense.   Particularly the latter is horrible against the minnows - what will is be against better backline players?   But you had to jump in with your normal distortions and lies to justify the selection of Steyn and vilify Willemse in the process.    

Oct 09, 2019, 21:52

Queer lets stick with the 4 players outside Steyn when he kicked.......name them.

Oct 09, 2019, 23:10

Hasbeeno, suggest you start with 1-23 from the ABs.......

that would put the Boks on the right track.

Oct 10, 2019, 08:04

Can someone confirm. 

Was the kick from our 22 while having a massive overlap done by Steyn or DDA.

Starting to doubt my memory.

Oct 10, 2019, 08:25

@ Plum,

they both had 2 kick throughs I believe, the one in question though was Steyns that just went over the try line and was grounded by Canadian 10 with Gelant and Willemse chasing and almost getting there.

Oct 10, 2019, 08:28

Ah, ok, the one I mentioned was a clearance from our 22 and almost certain it was DDA with 3 or 4 man overlap outside him.

Oct 10, 2019, 09:22

Now. now Stupid Dave ... no need to get your nuts in a knot.

I'm just pointing out what everyone already knows.

Your ignorance has reached new heights and you seem to be the only fool not aware of it.

I suppose one would expect that from a child born with "Fetal Alcohol Syndrome".

What was it that your mommy was a slave to? Mentholated Spirits?

Oh well ... I know you're doing the best you can.

Oct 10, 2019, 09:42

"Clean Cunt here is a suggestion - why don’t you fuck off permanently for you add absolutely no value to this site at all."

Fatboy is barking again, who's upset him now?. Not to worry his noncontributor list is growing at the rate of knots. Calm down child, wipe the snot and dry the tears and don't ever forget, your so called "class acts" have only become legends of the game in your bone head.

Louis Ludick

JJ Englebrecht

Jan Serfontein

Wynand Olivier

Dud Allende

Elton "Flat foot" Jantjies

Pierre Spies

I might have forgotten a few.....

Oct 10, 2019, 11:53

Denise I at least have a list. You are so fucking rugby ignorant you don’t even know the players names

Brissie - bwhaaahaaaa

Oct 10, 2019, 15:53

So Muck......name the four players outside Frans when he kicked. I think you are looking at this string and trying to slime out of it......but prove me wrong, name the four players.

Oct 10, 2019, 18:53

The four were De Allende, Willemse, Nkosi and Kwagga -  and they were in a perfect line.    I see elsewhere that Steyn made three power tackles on Tuesday and missed them all,  The four what you called process tackles he made,  Still wonder what "process" tackles are?   The last definition made it very clear - the players you dislike make "process" tackles and the players you like make tackles.  Brilliant of you when it comes to write BS on site.      

Oct 10, 2019, 19:36

Mike, what kick are you talking about? What is the time stamp? The only one that was touched down was the one at 12:05, which Mozart described accurately higher up. Jantjies next to Steyn, then Damian too far back to effectively take part, then Willemse and Gelant way out wide. A long pass to them would simply have the Canadian outside defenders drift onto them. There is no one covering the corner he kicked to for Canada, the guy on the far right was the only cover coming across. If we had one extra yard of pace out wide it was a likely score.

Oct 11, 2019, 01:18

So according to Muck the best strategy was to pass to Jantjies covered by multiple Canucks. Who presumably was going to loft a 20 metre pass to Willemse, as opposed to kicking into wide open space.

This is Steyn doing the 'unforgivable'.......once again a lie, fully exposed.

Oct 11, 2019, 01:37

Strzok

This is an old habit of Steyn - making poor kicks with no chance of an effective follow-up, especially of turnover balls.    But then madness reign supreme in you case,   What happened about the atrocious missed tackle ratio of Steyn.   

O - I forget it was P-S du Toit's and De Allende's fault eh missed all the routine tackles he should have made,    Find that it must be somewhere in one of Comey's pics.

OK and lastly if Steyn ahs poor defense shown in a game against Canada - what would happen in real games against real opposition?   NO answer dimness yet - I am still waiting..         

Oct 11, 2019, 02:09

There was every chance of an effective follow up...the defender got there just in time. Here's the truth.....the kick was the correct choice given how the players were deployed....and it was well executed. Your version was ignorant.

Oct 11, 2019, 07:49

OK and lastly if Steyn ahs poor defense shown in a game against Canada - what would happen in real games against real opposition?

5 tackles missing 1 in his 25 minutes against NZ earlier this year.  4 tackles missing 1 in his 25 minutes against Argentina in Pretoria. Those are his two longest stints on the field against major opposition this year.

O - I forget it was P-S du Toit's and De Allende's fault eh missed all the routine tackles he should have made,    Find that it must be somewhere in one of Comey's pics.

PSDT didn't even play. I stick to reporting what actually happens on the field. If I made up all the stuff you (and pretty much only you on this entire board) constantly accuses me of, there would have been more people calling me out. You clearly assume everyone on this board to be imbeciles whose thoughts have to be policed by you.

Oct 11, 2019, 08:01

Comey

That's just the point showing up total idiocy on the part of the Idiot Speakers on site - Happy Idiots Day to you. LMAO.

Oct 11, 2019, 08:05

Yes,"Happy Idiots Day LMAO" is about the only arrow you have left in your quiver. Blunt, bent and never hits anything except your own foot.

Oct 11, 2019, 08:18

Listen dimness

I was sarcastic and clearly dealt with the BS you normally comes up with.   When one player fouls  up - you routinely blame another player for the resultant problem.   It happens all the time.   

Steyn's defense at the best of time is a lottery ticket - very poor against virtually every team he plays against,  There was one game his MTR was less than 20 and that was against the AB's - for the rest he was 20% of worse and 42,67 against Canada is a real picture of his defense abilities.  No amount of verbal diarrhea will explain that away,     

LMAO 

You need to Log in to reply.