The real Kiwi conundrum

Forum » Rugby » The real Kiwi conundrum

Jul 29, 2022, 20:15

I've been giving this a lot of thought, and I think one of the biggest weaknesses the Kiwis have right now are their lock pair. Yarpies talk a lot about not being physical but the Kiwis were way more physical against Ireland than I've seen from the Splingblocks in a very, very, very long time. I'm talking the days when they used to fucking smash your skull into the turf! They don't lack physicality and actually they bullied the Blocks on the line last year. Sure, their lineout is shit, but when are the Kiwis really a strong lineout team? Their locks aren't profiled for being fat and lardy like the Blocks, but skill and athleticism. The locks are pretty much the pillars that their patterns are built around to give them that wide-wide game. It's kind of unique to them. Jaws and Whitelock are looking their age right now... still GOOD players but not GREAT players. I think that this is the core of their rot right now. A lot of what they do is actually elite still. I think the Blocks CAN beat them if they show some balls on the line... but they'd really have to have a totally iron clad game. There are few guys in that Block team where you look and say, "That fucker is gonna cause us issues on defence/attack". Everything is about gang carries and gang tackles, reducing the game to a static slug fest,  but once you start making them move, making them make decisions... you get in between them, in behind them and the Block wall looks like floaters drifting aimlessly. That happened in Wellington in 2018 but they didn't make the Blocks pay for it, and they did it last year but only made them pay once. So, I'm kind of interested to see how this goes down. It's pretty much a matter of which Kiwi side turns up more than how great the Blocks are. But that rotten core really is there to be exposed...

Jul 30, 2022, 10:03

Too much speculation in early stages, far more sensible to observe as more games and variety of internationals roll out and unwind.

Tell some here the truth Red Rose, that you are definitely not Clean Cut.

Jul 30, 2022, 10:29

Too much speculation in early stages, far more sensible to observe as more games and variety of internationals roll out and unwind.

What the hell is that shit? Sounds like a bitch trying to talk without revealing they don't know what the fuck is being talked about!

Jul 30, 2022, 11:54

Lunatic.

Shock therapy returns to cure mental illness - Times of India

Jul 30, 2022, 12:28

You have not given any thought to this CleanCutt...

You have just copied and pasted my ideas, and plagiarised them (E.g. that the front row of the All Blacks is not good, and their lock combination is past their best). The tight five is the worst they have had in the professional era.

Jul 30, 2022, 18:25

You fucking wish you moronic fuck nugget. You don't have any ideas to steal and if you read properly I dealt with the typical yarpie take on the locks you stupid fuck! you are so lacking with this shit you don't understand anything about the game... nah... you're a pompous know it all know nothing cunt trying to pass himself off online as something he can never be in real life... a person of significance who is taken seriously. What the fuck kind of pussy claims content and ideas and then throws a fucking tantrum... claiming they did it first and better??? Huh Bark. Do us all a favour and drown your sorrows with some bleach...

Jul 30, 2022, 20:12

He's no Japie...wannabe Pom like you.

Jul 30, 2022, 22:38

Db, I'm sure there's a passable length boerwors you can suck on. I'm sure Saffesex will oblige if you ask nicely. 

Jul 31, 2022, 00:14

Jul 18, 2022, 20:15

It is simple, New Zealand is not playing well for 2 reasons:

1. The tight five resources at the moment are not good. None of them would even get close to making a world XV. 
Retallack and Whitelock were once the best lock combination in world rugby, but both are a bit long in the tooth now. 

2. The coach is useless, and he is playing the wrong game plan with the squad he has. 

New Zealand has always been a team that can even win even with 30% forward possession and territory.
The backs need to stand deeper and counterattack more and kick less for territory.
They need to run the ball from side to side as they used to with their superior passing skills until a gap opens up. 

Their pack is not physical enough to match the top 5 test teams at the moment, but they have always been a very mobile pack that can get from ruck to ruck. 

They destroyed Ireland in the world cup quarter-final playing the traditional high-tempo All-Black game. However, in the world cup semi, they moved Barratt to blindside lock to try to match the physicality of England- and it was a disaster. They did not back their natural game as they did in the quarters.  
All Blacks are all about fast loosies and backs that can pass better than anyone. 

Any day now some new tight forwards will pop up from New Zealand, and they will get back to their best. Sure, other teams have improved, but New Zealand is just not playing well at the moment.
But they will be back, you can be sure of that. Only a fool would not fire the current All-Black coach and put Scott Robertson in his place. 

Jul 18, 2022, 20:21

Your tactical acumen is utter bullshit Bark. Stick to what you know best, picking your nose with your toes. 

Jul 31, 2022, 00:15

So you say my tactical acumen is utter bullshit, then a few days later you steal my ideas and try pass them off as your own. You start your post of by saying "You have been thinking"...

Jul 31, 2022, 00:21

What ideas you scabby ballbag?? That the locks athleticism is the template for the 2 4 2 template that they use in their base patterns? Show me where you have said that you fucking cum stain. My thinking comes from watching the fucking game and then using what I know you cheap faggot. I have never seen any rugby iq from you at all anywhere. You know fuck all. 

Jul 31, 2022, 00:27

You seem to have intricate knowledge of male sex organs... Were you perhaps raped... and you forgot to play hard to get?  :blush:

Jul 31, 2022, 00:30

Haahaha!! Got the bitch on the ropes. If only you had an intricate knowledge about the game more than you have a massive fucking ego. Daddy didn't tell you he loved you? Didn't give you his approval? What a fuck nugget. The only raping that's happening here is me raping your stupidity. 

You need to Log in to reply.