The sanctity of one’s posts

Forum » Rugby » The sanctity of one’s posts

Dec 23, 2020, 20:39

Ed 

I’m having another spat with Clevermike, who accuses me of altering his posts. The disagreement is under Sasue Special Message string. 

Without asking you to take sides, could you answer a general question. Is it possible on  Board software for me to alter what Mike has written, except if it’s copied under my name. In other words can I alter his posts in the original string and not copied?

Thanks.

Dec 23, 2020, 21:12

He accused me of doing this shortly after I signed up in 2018. It didn't end well for Lügnerin. 

Dec 23, 2020, 21:16

I accuse Mozart of using my e-mail address which he has since he sent me an e-mail in the past and guessing my password thus making false entries under my name or falsifying what I wrote on site,   This is not the first time it happened - it also happened in the past  under very similar circumstances and since many posters have left and I suspected him then and the same thing happened now I will not accept  fraudulent entries in my name from him or anybody else.

I think the best solution would be to change my password so that he does not try the same thing again.     In the meantime you may be able to check where the disputed messages originated - from  SA or from the USA and make sure the man does not do it again to other posters.     

Dec 23, 2020, 22:07

ouMaaik, you have to watch these Tromparians ...... capable of all sorts of skulduggery. I hope that you don't bank online.

Dec 24, 2020, 00:37

Mike, it wouldn't take much to get your password.

"Password" is only a slightly better password than "admin". "1234" is also popular haha

Jokes aside, password crackers are quite advanced now. Pretty much plug and play.

One day I'll tell you about Dark Comet and RATS...and you'll never open another attachment again ;)

Dec 24, 2020, 02:29

I’m not surprised Augie....but me as a computer hacker, I’ll have to tell my grandkids, they’d be impressed. I thought Tokkie was referencing some sleight of hand, but no, I’m posting as Cleverwanker.

Just a bit puzzling why I’d choose to use my Board super power on a 2012 Jantjies reference. Also puzzling why Wanker is the only victim.

Meanwhile Blob sees Trump in all of this....you couldn’t make up this stuff! Waiting for Ed to opine.

Dec 24, 2020, 05:59

AG

You signed up in 2018 - how many other user names have you used before that?    Lost count of that one.       

Dec 24, 2020, 06:41

Hahaha...hilarious Ol'Mike...I'm sure Mozart has better things to do than this...hahaha.

Stop being so paranoid please...yes the worlds a bad place...a terrible place but we posters don't take postings as serious and literal as you do. 

I think most of us know this forum is glib and not blueprint advice but comedy...at least that's the way it comes across to me...I'm sure Rassie and the rest of the professional rugby players of the world don't come here for advice....hahahaha.

Dec 24, 2020, 07:16

Ou Maaik's password is, of course, "duplication". Typed three times.

Dec 24, 2020, 11:04

Though shalt not pass!!!

Dec 24, 2020, 11:24

Could be either "Morne" or "Heyneke" or maybe "Alberts" :D

Dec 24, 2020, 16:09

Hahaha.....brilliant Pakie!

Dec 24, 2020, 18:44

Somebody knows what  my e=mail address is and must have guessed my easy to detemine password is,.   Most other members would not know the e=mail address 0 bit withoiut that entering my posts would be impossible,  

As to AO - the only thing I know is the many years he spent on thiss ite changing his uiser bname from time to time as soon a his idiocy is confirmed,    At the moment hois user name should be Kindergarten  Imbecile  of rugby he knows zilch - he ios toos tupi o kniow anything esle,.  

Dec 24, 2020, 18:44

Somebody knows what  my e=mail address is and must have guessed my easy to detemine password is,.   Most other members would not know the e=mail address 0 bit withoiut that entering my posts would be impossible,  

As to AO - the only thing I know is the many years he spent on thiss ite changing his uiser bname from time to time as soon a his idiocy is confirmed,    At the moment hois user name should be Kindergarten  Imbecile  of rugby he knows zilch - he ios toos tupi o kniow anything esle,.  

Dec 24, 2020, 20:21

Duplication....’Dupe’location.......LMAOFY!

Dec 24, 2020, 21:02

The feud never dies between Mike and Moz

It just goes on and on...how long I don't know because there are posters here from days since pa fell off the bus. Hahahaha

I really don't know what will happen when one of you old coffin dodgers kicks the bucket, in fact it can happen to anyone.

You'll swear you've heard it before
As it slowly rambles on and on
No need in bringing 'em back
'Cause they've never really gone

Hahahaha...you'll swear you've it before as it slowly rambles on and on..

From Paul Williams song...Old Fashioned Love Song.

Dec 24, 2020, 22:11

Chabal you are right of course the Board would be less interesting without Mike. In that spirit Tokkie let me assure you I have never hacked any of your posts....and I wish you a joyful Christmas down in Riversdale, home of my father and grandfather.

Dec 25, 2020, 05:11

Mozart

The same wishes to you and your family - thank you,   There is a few questions I wanted to ask you about your father.   You once told me he went to school in the then Riversdale Boys High School - when was he in that school?   My father  was there in the late 1920's and I suspect that so was your dad.  By the way my grandfather  owned Seekoegat - the most historic farm  in the Garden route area - I was borne there and grew up there.   Your grandfather must have known the farm well.   

Were you father and grandfather in business here of farming?  There used to be a substantial Jewish population here and there even was a synagogue here - but now the total Jewish  population  here - but now there is only two Jewish people here - an ex test referee Max Blaise and the Jewish lady I have for years provided with accommodation and funding -  there is a flat on my property where she stays free of charge and the Jewish League also assist her financially,    

Be it as it may - Riversdale has changed a lot p there are even two Chinese, two Nigerian and  two Indian shops in the town center and I laughed on Wednesday when I went to the Nigerian shop and spoke in Afrikaans to the Nigerian and he responded in Afrikaans as well.   The people love the place especially since  there are  no anti-foreigner riots here like happened ion the cities.

However, the place is in a terrible condition because of Covid 19.   There were 50 active cases in the area of over  60 000 people 14 days ago - but the figure  this week the figure increased to 74 cases,   Although it is not widespread - the people panicked and the new Government restrictions  has turned  the situation into a virtual at-hone jail. 

I went to Stilbaai today to take back a book Frans Malherbe's father gave me about the Malherbe family ancestry  in SA  and met hos wife at the site gate and did not go in.  The town was dead with nobody on the beaches.    I stopped at the huge Spar shop  to buy something nd was not allowed to enter since there was a positive case working there - it also happen in Riversdale last week and the result was they closed Spar and had to sanitize the place,    Everybody is in his own home prison like it was since March,

The Government was to sign an agreement to import vaccine to initially treat about 6 million people.   They failed to sign on time before 15 December  and the deposit of about R300 million was then paid by the private sector and after an uproar the Government signed the agreement yesterday.   The problem in SA is that the funding provided to help people and business over the last 9 months amounting to over a Billion Rand was raided through bribery and corruption and  the judiciary are mow trying to find the guilty and arrest them.  

Will the same happen when  the vaccine  becomes available?                  

Dec 26, 2020, 22:16

Sorry for the slow response Mike with Christmas activities I haven’t been on the site. I actually don’t know Riversdale  that well, we used to go to Swartvlei for  holidays and Leervis fishing, passing by Riversdale and trying to spot Sleeping Beauty. Although my father often talked about Stilbaai.

My family had some farmers, but on my mother’s side and in the Prince Albert area. My great grandfather came over with the English army in the Boer war and stayed on. My father was in WW2 in the Africa campaign and then went into business. My wife’s father was in the same campaign, captured by the Italians...escaped...then recaptured by the Germans and spent 3 years as a POW.

Our generation has  pretty much escaped all these catastrophes, so Covid seems almost unreal....an unwelcome blast from the past. And the epidemiologists seem to be from the nineteenth century. Still it hasn’t been as bad in poorer countries as one would have imagined. India for example seemed set for a disaster.

Dec 27, 2020, 08:28

Mozart

Just a question though - how come your father went to the Riversdale Boys High School?

For your information something interesting,    In the 19th Century  the present Sleeping Beauty was known as Masbiekerskop,   During  the Anglo Boer War the English  Authorities  could not trust the Riversdale farmers - they were collaborating with the Commandoes in the Cape Colony of which General Smuts was the Commander-in-Chief so an English Company was stationed in the town.   Of the soldiers asked for the name of the peak  and an old farmer - a Mr Van Wyk - told them :  You call it "Sleeping Beauty" and the name remained that ever since.

There even was a battle on a hill between  Riversdale  and Stilbaai and beating off an attack of  the English  the Boers went to the farm Uitkyk - who  was owned at the time by Karel de Jager -  and that farm was where my mother grew up - her maiden name was De Jager,  

The animosity against the English was strong and the people  from that generation carried it through to their children and grandchildren/   When I was a small boy when my grandmother told my brother and me that she wants  to teach us to speak English.  I was surprised and asked her why.   Her answer was -  you must know what your enemies think of you,

When the King visited SA in 1947 the train they travelled in stopped at the  Riversdale station my mother  decided to take us to see the King and Queen at the Station.  my grandparents tried to stop it from happening - and their was a family fight lasting three months my father and mother took us to the station anyway,   A neighbor put the two  of us on the platform roof  and we saw the King and Queen from less than two meters away.  The King and Queen was introduced to some of the leading people of the area and you should have seen  how some of the fat "boeretannies" tried to curtsy - we nearly fell off the roof laughing,      

By the way Lood De Jager's family also came from Riversdale originally and the whole lot of that generation was related through marriages between family members.   For instance my grandfather and grandmother were second cousins - so it is quite likely that there are distant family ties between him and my mothers family,   His brother in law still owns a holiday  home in Stilbaai and  that is where he goes for his holidays.     

Dec 27, 2020, 20:45

Some interesting history there....I thought Sleeping Beauty went way back. My father was born in Ashton and they moved to Riversdale when he was in High School. But it made a strong impression. I guess that’s a very impressionable  period in one’s life .....I still feel the pain of one particular dropped catch in the slips!

Dec 28, 2020, 05:09

By the way Mozart - it has been cold and rainy un Riversdale during the whole December this year - so much so that some of the Clivias in my garden flowered - which is unnatural since they normally flower in late August-early September each year.   We can do  with some "global warming",    And the farmers are happy - the district produced about 8% of the wheat harvested in the whole of SA and that represents a bumper harvest.  

And although the beaches were closed because of the Chinese virus there are only 74 active cases in the municipal area with a population of 65 000 people - that is about 0,113% of the population and no deaths yet.   But the area is grouped  together with the rest of the garden route where infection rates are a huge lot higher - so the lockdown imposed by the Government is applicable = very unpleasant.     

You need to Log in to reply.