The Sudden Favourites

Forum » Rugby » The Sudden Favourites

May 10, 2019, 23:51

There is a really funny thing on this site,    After each natch there is some clear  indication as to who are in their recommendation as to who should be in the Springbok squad.

One of the biggest name most frequently punted on site is RG Snyman.   I always said that he us a good player on Super Rugby level - but his stepping up to international level has not been a roaring success,   However, lets back to the game today -under pressure the Bulls forwards as well as their Tight 5 disintegrated.  Snyman was part of the tteam - but as bad as the other players were so bad was Snyman,    

I am afraid what happened today confirmed my assessment of Snyman was all along,    

May 11, 2019, 11:00

... and to add to that ... Pollard cracks under pressure ... and when he does, he loses his confidence for weeks on end.

Pollard without his confidence is really an awful sight to behold.

What are the Goats going to do without a decent 10?

May 11, 2019, 11:30

Hahahahaha one poor afternoon and dozens of great performances are forgotten. 

Snyman is a fine player as is Pollard. 

Thank goodness ou maaaikie and CC are not selectors!

Be assured both Pollard and Snyman, barring injuries, will be in WC squad. 

May 12, 2019, 07:13

Beeno

I never criticized Pollard beyond saying that his absence from rugby for close to two years must be looked at from a performance perspective and as far as I am concerned I think he made the grade in the tests last year and in Super Rugby over the past two years,    

I also said that Snyman is a good Super Rugby level player - but in tests he was no really what he should be.  When playing on test level last year there was serious question marks about his performances,

What I did not do was to go on a five year crusade against players like Du Toit and De Jager - I leave that to members who are prejudiced beyond belief.    

May 12, 2019, 08:17

RG was one of the best Boks of last year. He had a few iffy moments in one half of rugby. The last twenty minutes or so against New Zealand at home to be precise. Otherwise, he was as complete as can be. Rock solid in contact, good tackle range and accuracy, great skills and vision, great at lineout time and very competitive. Not much of a weakness in his game. Contrast this to Lood - who who claimed was a success for the Boks. Being beaten within arms length because he turns like a rhino and has the tackle radius of a jaffa cake, has the acceleration of treacle and passive. He wilted against England as a ball carrier, with his slow hands of stone yet again letting him down. 

We must return to this comparison when the tests begin. 

May 12, 2019, 08:50

BS baffles brains as per normal with the AO idiot.   None of the attributes are in fact true - if they were it would have been reflected in the stats - but it was not.   Try out what he says and he is talking his normal KAK again.

May 12, 2019, 14:31

Agreed Augie.........have you noticed old Mike is in a panic since you have posted a few times. He has so many vulnerabilities the poor chap.

May 12, 2019, 14:44

Mozart - you really must be happy - the idiot is back.   What does the saying say  - bordfs of a feather flock together.    

May 12, 2019, 16:08

Happy to concur with a thinking fan like Augie who questions the given wisdom.....versus those who sit at the trough gobbling up the pablum from writers like Houwing.

May 12, 2019, 17:21

Rather listen to Erasmus and what he says and does than AO - the most ignorant rugby illiterate ever,   You accept his drivel because it supports your own drivel. 

May 13, 2019, 08:40

Ok Mike

Via that criteria, our WC budget for flights should easily cover us. Considering only the waterboy will need a ticket.

You need to Log in to reply.