Kolbe.

Allende.

Steyn.

Nkosi.

Pollard.

Faf

Beast.

Marx.

Malherbe ( the only guy who has a prayer against NH ).

Etzebeth.

Snyman.

Louw.

Dud Toit (we have no alternative at this stage).

Vermeulen...captain.

Kitshoff.

Bongi.

Koch....lawd help us.

Lomp.

Mostert.

H Jantjies.

Mapimpi.

Willemse.

Oct 08, 2019, 17:48

You've just opened a can of worms with having Steyn at 12. 

Good bench, Willemse can cover 10 and 15

But unfortunately Kwotalisi will be captain and just standing around the rucks rather than trying to make a nuisance of himself

Lets hope its Japan. If we get through the semi we probably play either Wales, Fra or Eng. 

But I also think NZ could possible be knocked in quarters by Ireland

Oct 08, 2019, 17:51

Ag nee man useless Frans at 12 and ineffective Louw in the side - no way

The side that should play is the side I’m sure Rassie will pick except for Mapimpi ahead of Nkosi

My side would be:

15. Willie 14. Nkosi 13. Am 12. de Allende 11. Kolbe 10. Pollard 9. Faf 1. Kitshoff 2. Marx 3. Malherbe 4. Etzebeth 5. Lood 6. Kolisi 7. PSDT 8. Vermeulen

16. Mbonambi 17. Beast 18. Koch 19. RG 20. Kwagga 21. Reinach 22. Willemse 23. Mapimpi

Oct 08, 2019, 18:19

Steyn was questionable  today and he cannot be in the squad to play against stronger teams in the WC.   His defense was poor and two of his kicks were what I would call stupid.   One of the poorer players today and Mostert substandard at lock.   

So what the team should really look like:-

15   Le Roux, 14  Kolbe, 13  Am, 12  De Allende, 11 Mapimpi, 10  Pollard, 9  De Klerk, 8 Vermeulen, 7  Du Toit, 6  Kolisi, 5  De Jager, 4  Etzebeth, 3  Malherbe, 2  Mbonambi, 1 Mtawarira

16  Marx, 17  Kitshof, 18  Koch, 19  Snyman, 20  Louw, 21  Reinach, 22  Willemse, 23 Nkosi 

Basically the same as yours bar starting with Beast and Mapimpi,  Not much difference I would also prefer to start with Kitshof and Nkosi - but one never knows how the penny falls.  I put in Louw - but he has been pretty useless this year and in the WC games, However, As to Kwagga I am afraid I have some reservations,  

The team would be really top class if we had Labuschagne around - play him at 7 and Du Toit at 8 and put Vermeulen on the bench.   He is likely to be in the team of the tournament as a loosie, but Meyer was too dumb to select him and we all know Coetzee was clueless.          

Oct 08, 2019, 18:33

No ways would Labs play ahead of Jaco Kriel in my side.

My first choice 6 is Kolisi, second is Jaco Kriel, 3rd is Kwagga

Kolisi needs to find form soon

Oct 08, 2019, 20:53

mozart the only change I would make would be to drop Louw  to the bench elevate Mostert to start.

Oct 08, 2019, 21:32

AJH do you know anything about rugby?

How the hell could you play Mostert at 6 alongside PSDT and Vermeulen

WOW

Oct 08, 2019, 22:14

How the hell could Kolisi, who is useless except for the occasional run......he is an absolute non factor at the breakdown.

I have eliminated players I think don't have the competotive gene:

1 Mapimpi to the bench.

2 Am

3 Elton Jantjies

4 Lomp to the bench.

5 Kolisi

6 Allende to a finisher role at 13

None of the above players react when they are bested.....they just plod on with the process. Guys like that don't win WCs.

AJH ...Mostert is worth a start, but I thought Louw covered a lot of bases today. I start Snyman because he has the x factor.

Oct 08, 2019, 22:34

Rubbish Moz Kolisi in the past 2 years has made more breaks than any of our forwards.

That’s his role his role is not to effect turnovers as that is left to Marx and Vermeulen

Am was very good for the Sharks this year but failed to carry that through to the tests this year until the game against Italy

de Allende looks to be back to his best has been very good in his last two outings and is a must at 12 as there is no way in hell we could ever entertain old man Frans as a starter. We need Willemse replacing Frans on the bench

Frans has done absolutely nothing of note to date except be exposed for lack of pace

Mostert proves game after game he is a non entity. Lood and RG make impressions

Oct 08, 2019, 22:43

Thank you mozart.

I think Mostert is a mobile player who is better suited as a flank. He has speed, high work rate and a fearless tackler all the qualities that Kolisi does not have.

Trust us Saffex we come from rugby country......WP and Shark country.

Kolisi has yet to prove that he is Springbok material plus he has done nothing to earn a place never mind being made Captain because you know why.

Oct 08, 2019, 22:47

Saffex your other hero (Elton) would not have been selected either if Willemse had proved his fitness prior to the selection.

Elton's days are number in the Green and Gold.

Thankfully.

Oct 08, 2019, 22:59

Bullshit AJH - Mostert never busts tackles Kolisi always does, Mostert never puts in big hits, Kolisi does

Mostert is crap and he proves it game after game - take today’s game. We have RG making a break with Mostert in support. RG gets tackled and powder puff Mostert fails to clean the defender out leaving RG exposed and penalised

You could never have a loose trio of Mostert, PSDT and Vermeulen it would be a joke

Jantjies had a good game today, still our best back up to Pollard

Willemse is classy but where will he end up 10, 12 or 15

Oct 08, 2019, 23:04

10 and 15 are his ideal positions much like 12 is for Frans.

Oct 08, 2019, 23:09

Dave talking about jokes.

What do you think the Canadian Rugby Captain said to his players  after the game today.

Here is my thoughts of what he said.

" Well done guys, another close game"

Oct 08, 2019, 23:09

Dave talking about jokes.

What do you think the Canadian Rugby Captain said to his players  after the game today.

Here is my thoughts of what he said.

" Well done guys, another close game"

Oct 08, 2019, 23:40

I’d like to know what he said to them at halftime

Oct 09, 2019, 17:36

"Oh heavenly father HELP."

Oct 09, 2019, 17:36

According to my wife he sang the Canadian anthem to the team.

You need to Log in to reply.