This is a great year for a North/South contest.....

Forum » Rugby » This is a great year for a North/South contest.....

Mar 24, 2020, 21:56

Many countries are going to be struggling, so the NH tours may be cancelled...assuming we have any rugby at all by mid year.  The Olympics are postponed....sport is deprived of any of the great celebrations.

A great time for something new and exciting.....choose a safe country, select the players. By June testing should  be on an on demand basis. Test players daily to make sure nobody is at risk.

Now all we have to do is select the sides....the floor is your’s.

Mar 24, 2020, 22:04

Great idea, but the world has gone bonkers...but we can dream hey?

Bok front row, Eben and Brodie for the T5?

Mar 24, 2020, 23:53

Too hard to select the sides

The easiest selection for the SH is Eben and Brodi

Mar 25, 2020, 01:25

Okay I’ll have a go:

SH:

Barrett

Kolbe

Goodhue

Kerevi

Koroibete

Pollard

Faf

Beast

Creevy

Malherbe

Etzebeth

Jaws

Matera

Hooper

Vermeulen

NH

Hogg

Penaud

Vakatawa

Tuilagi

May

Ntamack

DuPont

Furlong

George

Marler

Ryan

Itoje

Curry

Watson

Vunipola

Tight forwards seem to be the NH’s problem.

Mar 25, 2020, 01:53

SH - de Allende for Kerevi

Read for Vermeulen

NH

Owens for George

Move Itoje to 6 ahead of Watson

Henderson at lock

Mar 25, 2020, 15:31

Interesting that 4 of the backline slots for an NH team are credibly assigned to French players.

Mar 25, 2020, 17:12

I'm not sure what's funnier . . . the drunken old fop who'd never heard of Tadhg Furlong until a few days ago suddenly including him in a NH XV or someone picking a NH team (or World XV for that matter) that doesn't have Gregory Aldritt as the #8.

Moffie's gone for "Vunipola" instead . . . not sure if that's Billy who's been injured for most of the season or the lesser-known Vinny who no-one else has ever heard of . . . but only a noob who hadn't watched any of this year's 6N would have left out Gregory Aldritt . . . or Charles Ollivon at blindside flanker for that matter.

PS Oh and Agustin Creevy in the SH team is also pretty funny . . . especially in the same year that Julian Montoya replaced Creevy as the #1 hooker in both the Jaguares and Pumas sides!

PPS And in what way is Alain Penaud a "credible selection" given that he played a grand total of 1 game in this year's 6N when Teddy Thomas was injured?

Mar 25, 2020, 17:55

Jun 24, 2017, 00:46

Moody put a lot of pressure on Furlong....that's a pretty fiction. Moody coudn't pressure a marshmellow with a hammer. 

Mar 25, 2020, 17:57

Ooooops......hahahaha!

Mar 25, 2020, 18:02

"Not that the newbies are much better. Furlong had a torrid day in the scrums and Stockdale was  almost Sexton’s blundering equal. "

LMAO!

Stay down, Moffie.

Mar 25, 2020, 19:14

Creevy wouldn't feature, would have Dane Coles starting and Marx as a backup. 

Ardie Savea should be in there over Hooper, and PSDT over Matera. So Thor, Ardie and PSDT as a backrow, scary. 

Mapimpi would be in contention with Koroibete.

Ken Owens over Jamie George for the NH.

Mar 25, 2020, 19:15

Oh now where was it that I saw Furlong first......gosh....could it be I actually saw him at Soldiers Field in 2018

Finally I'll get to see the Quince live!

Forum » Rugby » Finally I'll get to see the Quince live! 

Oct 29, 2018, 18:49

Here's the Irish team for the Soldier Field clash on Saturday: 

Ireland Squad 

Forwards: Finlay Bealham, Tadhg Beirne, Jack Conan, Sean Cronin, Tadhg Furlong, Dave Kilcoyne, Jack McGrath, Jordi Murphy, Andrew Porter, Quinn Roux, Rhys Ruddock, James Ryan, Niall Scannell, Devin Toner, Josh van der Flier, 

Backs: Will Addison, Bundee Aki, Ross Byrne, Joey Carbery, Andrew Conway, John Cooney, Jordan Larmour, Luke McGrath, Garry Ringrose, Jacob Stockdale, Darren Sweetnam 

Sadly apart from the obviously attractive Quince, the Irish team is a bit of a 'b' team outfit. And they are currently forecasting about 8 degrees C.....still we are a party of six and it's worth it just to hear the Ferrari victory song. And should things get a bit nippy there are a few decent watering holes to warm up.

Mar 25, 2020, 19:15

Have you seen Furlong live Peeper?

Mar 25, 2020, 19:22

Put it this way, if I had seen him I probably would have remembered seeing him and wouldn't be calling him a "newbie" 18 months later.

LMAO!

You did call the 44 cap Tadhg Furlong a "newbie", didn't you Moffie? 

Are you denying that . . . or are you going to turn this into another cowardly, evasive and deflecting exercise like you did on the hilarious-for-some and embarrassing-for-others Not so Fassi thread?

Mar 25, 2020, 19:34

No I’m not ‘denyong’  that .........and here’s the thing, it’s Wuhan not Denyong you moron.

I’m simply saying I see him as part  of the new generation of the Irish team....not the generation that is fading away post World Cup.

And remember in these trying times be sure to get your ‘excerise’.

LMAOFY&Y!

Mar 25, 2020, 19:46

I would have no problem with Savea over Hooper, prefer Matera over Dud. I like Creevy and frankly Coles hasn’t been that impressive lately.

Mar 25, 2020, 21:08

Too hard to select the sides

Dave shying away from selecting sides? Get tested, buddy, you're coming down with something!

Mar 25, 2020, 21:25

Corona!!

You need to Log in to reply.