Tragedy strikes Dale College 1st XV player

Forum » Rugby » Tragedy strikes Dale College 1st XV player

Apr 10, 2022, 17:50

Condolences to his family, friends, boys, headmaster and staff.

I had 2 stepsons that are old boys, was fond of the school, staff and watched rugby there on Reunion Days.Saffex will know the school well.

HO, Keegan Daniels and quite a few well known sportsman, rugby and cricket are an old boys.

It's a very sad thing, especially when it happens to young boys at this early stage of their lives.

Apr 11, 2022, 08:02

Incredibly sad Seb... I also know the school very well indeed

As you may already know, they also just lost a student recently who was apparently killed in a hit and run accident.

Now close sources say that it might actually have been a beating or some sort of attack, after going out with some friends, but nothing is yet confirmed and has not been released to the press.

Apr 11, 2022, 09:52

Selborne College sent a very touching tribute to their "Eastern Cape Brothers" to the school this morning 

Pure class

Apr 13, 2022, 13:14

DA just popped down to the local Spar and saw Selbourne College bus offloading their rugby team. Seem like a good bunch of lads. They must be here for Kearsney Easter matches where some of the top schools participate.

Kearsney is just around corner, probably go and watch.some matches, despite the threatening more rain forecasts, we were hit with floods on Monday, could not get home ,we have a dam and stream on property...water was 4 ft high cascading down.

Standard Bank Kearsney Easter Rugby Festival – Kearsney College

Durban High School (DHS)
Glenwood High School (Glenwood)
Hoërskool Dr E.G. Jansen (E G Jansen)
Hoërskool Framesby (Framesby)
Hoër Landbouskool Marlow (Marlow)
Hoërskool Noord-Kaap (Noord-Kaap)
Hoërskool Waterkloof (Waterkloof)
Kearsney College (Kearsney)
Hoërskool Monument (Monument)
Pretoria Boys High School (Boys High)
Selborne College (Selborne)
Westville Boys’ High School (Westville)

Apr 13, 2022, 14:27

Yeah Seb, Dale is also playing at the KES festival

They made this difficult decision to honour their recently lost players..

A nice gesture

Edit:

I don't see anything on the actual fixture list that you provided, but Dale are supposed to be playing on Saturday and Monday

Apr 13, 2022, 15:55

Two different festivals DA.

This is the Kearsney College Festival at home in Bothas Hill KZN...KES is obviously too hosted at home at Houghton.

Apr 13, 2022, 16:54

Eish, thanks for setting me straight on that Seb....I totally overlooked it

Apr 14, 2022, 16:59

A nice surprise came in from Steven Kitshoff, personally sending a video to the Dale school on behalf of the entire Stormers team, sending their deepest condolences.

Apr 15, 2022, 16:45

Well done Kitsy...big men are prone to had tender hearts.

You need to Log in to reply.