Trouble in Paradise for Aus and NZ Super rugby future

Forum » Rugby » Trouble in Paradise for Aus and NZ Super rugby future

Jun 16, 2022, 13:00

Well, we all seen the arrogance of NZ over the years. How they believe that they are God's gift to the rugby world. Manipulating the rules to make it more sexy and play wizzy rugby. They were very happy to try and speed up the game and scorn those who still believed in set play rugby. They have always been blessed with amazingly big, fast and skillful backs but alwasy came short in the front row and lock area. 

Anyway, let me get to my point. The latest news is that Australia has now gained a bit of confidence, brumbies made the semi finals.  They won right to host the rugby world cup for a 3rd time. WTF, what must SA do especially given the timezone and that NZ just had it the other day. Anyway, Aus believe it is going to be the dawn of a golden era for them. 

So now they have given NZ and ultimatum. Pony up or they'll leave. Apparently NZ only wanted them to field two teams and not 5. NZ also gets the lions share of the TV revenue. $29mil for Aus to $91mil NZ. 

Whereas here in Sunny South Africa, we are showing our value in Europe and hopefully next season when we play likes of the french and English team we can really announce our arrival and put to bed our Sanzaar alliance for good. 

I always felt that we had the short end, longer tours, poor schedule and always being the the 3rd wheel between the scheming Ausies and Kiwis. 

We are on the same time zone, rugby Viewing looks great and no more 1pm wakeups or having to sneak out of work to watch a game at 11 am. 

Fuck you Aus and NZ

Jun 16, 2022, 15:14

Are we on better money terms in NH? I wonder....but ja it might very well be the downfall of Super Rugby if they can't come to some agreement.....what then? If they want us back they must cough up and pay....Although it was a cock up with Super Rugby, NZ and OZ gave us stiff Rugby competition.....but I think the Champions Cup with French Teams will do the same for us I hope...sonny bill mentioned it the other day, that only after a year we already in the finals....bit to easy....any case its most probably better for us now where we are in the NH.

Jun 16, 2022, 16:05

I wouldn't pay to much attention to Money Bill Williams. This oke was one of the biggest cash grabbers there were in rugby. 

Ja, I haven't been able to figure out how much SA is getting from the URC  but overall the stats are through the roof for URC games thanks to SA viewership. Heineken cup will help too. 

I hope we can make the same amount of money the European teams make. 

But also, the only reason why NZ did so well is that they were able to keep all of their players on central contracts, but that is starting to fall apart as the money dries up and players start leaving. Mckenzie just did a sting in Japan, Richi is off after the world cup. 

I also notice that not all NZ players do that well when leaving NZ bar a handful

Jun 16, 2022, 16:11

I meant sonny bill the poster....his post under Rooinek,s thread great Rugby weekend :D

Jun 16, 2022, 16:52

Money makes the world go around.....all good and well that we make more money, if we do, but hopefully not at the cost that our Rugby goes backwards because it's to easy....we will see how we fare in the international season.....if NH Rugby has made us better, then I will take the egg.

Jun 17, 2022, 10:02

King corn, not sure which planet you’ve flown in from but those are some pretty wild accusations you are firing around with I suspect no proof to back them up.

Do you really think NZ controls World Rugby and not the gin swillers in London? Amazing how we just clicked our fingers and the laws changed wasn’t it?

SA is now in a far weaker competition than Super Rugby, witnessed by 2 Saffa teams making the final of the URC. This is after winning only 3 times in 24 attempts in Super Rugby and all of those by the Bulls! Please don’t give me that old chestnut of how SA teams were disadvantaged either. We’re sick and tired of that excuse when clearly SA teams simply weren’t up to the class required.

Australia are all hot air as it would be a sure death for their rugby if they pull out.

So pull your head in and in future get some facts to back up the garbage you are spewing forth.

That’s if you wake up at 1pm and don’t spend all day in bed…..

Jun 17, 2022, 11:28

And Aussie beat you fuckheads twice last year so king o corn pull your head outa your arse dumb nuts

Real fucking moaners. Beat a whining Pom any day

Jun 17, 2022, 12:02

GRRR!!!!

Jun 17, 2022, 16:14

It's all crumbling down under King corn. The kiwi bird brains are lost without us and are going backwards financially etc

Now the mongs are hard at it seeing who can crook the other the best. 

Do Oz and nz deserve each other. Ys bet??????

So doubtless we will hear more of them squabbling over the scraps. And doubtless they will at some point come cap in hand begging us to return. Hahahahahaha. 

Moooo was never the sharpest pencil in the box and wee blackboy never made it into the box at all! ??

Jun 17, 2022, 19:05

Okay, so the SA teams actually performed way better than you make out. So how many games did the Kiwi teams play away. Normally only 2 games in SA. The advantage of flying with the time zones to reduce jet lag oh and did they ever spend 5 weeks on SA sharing a bedroom across multiple time zones. Then came the brain dead idea of bringing in arg and jap that added to the schedule. The lions made it to 3 finals but had to play in a stupid time zone and travelling twice around the world.

Kiwis are getting a bit sensitive on here. Let's see how long their $200 mil last before competitions dry up any nobody wants to play their teams anymore.

If you want a true equal contest why not let you know ur teams come on tour for 5 weeks?

So a team like the stormers would travel to NZ in one week after playing a game at home, land in New Zealand and play the Crusaders, blues and chiefs. Then hop across to Australia and face the Waratahs and Brumbies before heading home to have another game at home. Yes, our teams were very week.

Jun 17, 2022, 19:05

Okay, so the SA teams actually performed way better than you make out. So how many games did the Kiwi teams play away. Normally only 2 games in SA. The advantage of flying with the time zones to reduce jet lag oh and did they ever spend 5 weeks on SA sharing a bedroom across multiple time zones. Then came the brain dead idea of bringing in arg and jap that added to the schedule. The lions made it to 3 finals but had to play in a stupid time zone and travelling twice around the world.

Kiwis are getting a bit sensitive on here. Let's see how long their $200 mil last before competitions dry up any nobody wants to play their teams anymore.

If you want a true equal contest why not let you know ur teams come on tour for 5 weeks?

So a team like the stormers would travel to NZ in one week after playing a game at home, land in New Zealand and play the Crusaders, blues and chiefs. Then hop across to Australia and face the Waratahs and Brumbies before heading home to have another game at home. Yes, our teams were very week.

Jun 17, 2022, 19:20

Fuck me arsetralia are dead and buried. Even aussie rules is dying post covid. New Zealand on the other hand, yeah they are very thin skinned pussies, but it was an arsetralian in 2008 that held world rugby at gun point begging for a change and we suffered many years as a result. The sheep shaggers in muddy terrain just saw the opportunity in it for them. You lot just nodded your fucking heads and almost split world rugby in two! Where are your balls when it counts? You bring all the tv revenue but don't have any bargaining power? What the fuck? Am I taking crazy pills here? 

Jun 17, 2022, 23:54

You are talking piss and wind.

Get the facts straight.

Australian rugby is not delivering and they only get 29 mil from the Australian Television rights.

Poor performance and poor management has led to that, not NZ Rugby.

With all the complaints of South African teams having to go down under you seem to forget that the NZ and Australian teams had to travel to South Africa, you are totally dis respecting that aspect.

And as for the lions making 3 finals, you did not provide the full facts, they also lost a final at home tooooooooooooooooo.

Was that because the Lions had to travel from their homes just a few kilometres away?

This is nothing but bullshit.

You South Africans have totally lost the plot............ 

Jun 18, 2022, 02:34

Whichever way you want to spin it, but statistics show ( go look it up on internet if you don't believe me) clearly that Viewership numbers of Super Rugby in NZ and OZ, has declined since SA Teams is not part of the competition anymore.....no wonder your Rugby bosses are in strive over things.....go figure.

Jun 18, 2022, 07:16

More bullshit from you Kingcorn. So SA had 5 teams in the competition (and 6 for a while?) yet NZ teams NORMALLY only played 2 in SA each season! What tripe! And 3 wins out of 24 equates to a 12.5% success rate, which if you paid attention in Maths class, is not great and in fact a big fail! So the SA sides didn’t play well, or should I say, they played as well as they were allowed…..

Jun 18, 2022, 11:23

Well, each and every body is entitled to his views and choices, not to mention the actual rugby players and related bodies themselves.

But their are those, including me that miss the days when the Super Series was in full swing despite the few obstacles.

Something very precious in rugby is missing and I know money is important but I believe in balance...still think especially now that their will be a price to pay in the not too distant future.

Losing direct touch with NZ, Austr and Arg will have a price.The AB's for one are always the one's to beat, discarding them will be a huge mistake.

On top of that a financial crisis in Europe is a foregone collusion, the Euro, dollar and sterling will take a dip and the economy in UK, Europe is in for a shock come winter there.

Jun 18, 2022, 13:02

Sebastian, rugby is following the way football is because that's where the money and professionalism is. Europe is going to be where all the best players go and New Zealand will at best be like Brazil. Just count your blessings that your country can participate in Europe... for now. can you guys afford to travel up north so often? I see lots of money problems. Like a fucking black hole. 

Jun 18, 2022, 13:52

Put it this way, if the Bulls, Stormers, Leinster or Ulster played the Blues and Crusaders I know where I would put my money on.:D

Jun 18, 2022, 13:56

Oz rugby collapsed when that Goth freak from nz Raylebe was it ruled I z rugby. What an absurd appointment by the woke AUSSIES. Having a very frot nz dud running the show was a monstrous error.

Agree with Rosie we are best off in the NH comp. Let Oz and nz stew in the mess of their own making.

And YES our administrators never got us a square deal. 

Jun 18, 2022, 14:10

I do agree with your take on that hideous Goth woman, messing up Aussie rugby though, destroying that noble man Israel Folau, the best fullback in world rugby since Serge Blanco.

The WOKE demons and the daisy chainers have done a lot of damage in Australia.

Jun 18, 2022, 15:06

West is obsessed with homos and mutilated homos (trannies minus fannies), and sexualizing children. Yeah, Folau was fucked no matter what. Get woke, go broke. Lots of businesses here are being bought out by foreign banks and corporations, even other countries outright, because we have stupid woke fuckers screwing everything up. Little faggots out of university thinking they are fucking gods... useless tossers. They get away with it, and when these takeovers happen, these useless fucks escape the axe! 

You need to Log in to reply.