The situation is there are 3 pools and those are the following:-
New Zealand 5
South Africa 5
The points after Round 1 is provided - each team has to more rounds to play in the round robin stage.
I only watched 2 of the 6 games played, namely the New Zealand game and the SA game. So lets get down to some observations:-
The fact is that the situation is as follows:-
* The NZ game is very good in line-outs and at breakdowns
* The kick and chase game is good and their players are good in handling balls kicked at them
* Their backline penetration is average and not as strong as is normal with NZ teams
* Their scrumming is very poor
* The line-out performance of SA was piss poor and breakdowns slightly better
* The kick and chase game is good and their players, but their handling of balls kicked at them was poor
* Their backline penetration is above average and they did score tries from far out with a number of players involved
* Their scrumming was very good.
The key match to determine who goes through to the playoff rounds will be between NZ and SA next week.