Wales vs England - Live Match Report

Forum » Rugby » Wales vs England - Live Match Report

Feb 27, 2021, 18:29

England must start as favourites. It is a must-win game for Wales, especially for Pivac who has so far been a downgrade from Gatland. 

England needs to show they are still world-beaters.
France is currently looking like the best team in the Northern Hemisphere, and also maybe better than the All Blacks of 2020, and much better than Australia.

Feb 27, 2021, 19:41

Initially a drab affair, but getting better as the match progresses. 

Feb 27, 2021, 20:02

Shocking decisions by the ref. Both Welsh tries should not have been

Feb 27, 2021, 20:09

Not a fan of either of these teams, but the second try for Wales was horse manure...didn't see yhe first one, but there was nothing wrong with the 3rd.

Feb 27, 2021, 20:48

Given Ireland thrashed Italy today, it puts lasts weeks England game against Italy into perspective.

England is looking poor. Bad discipline, and clumsy stuff by the forwards. 

Feb 27, 2021, 20:57

The first two Wales tries should not have been allowed stand. I know in the end Wales won by more than those two scores but it could very well have have been a different game if England where leading going into the fourth quarter and not chasing the game. But overall England were pretty poor and their discipline was awful. Wales will beat Italy, but you would have to favor France to be beat this Welsh team.

Ireland where improved today and left a few scores behind but Italy where awful.

Feb 27, 2021, 22:22

Well done Wales. 

No, the first two tries should not have been allowed to stand and it’s impossible to know how the match would have panned out if they’d been disallowed. But our discipline was so poor we didn’t deserve to win the game. Maybe we need this kick up the backside in order for the changes that need to be made. I won’t hold my breath though given we have the worlds most stubborn man in charge of our team. 

Feb 27, 2021, 22:57

England clawed it back nicely to 24 all then stupidity and ill discipline cost them.

Letting the 9 get away with that try was classic finger off the pulse stuff.

One would think they would have woken up after the episode surrounding the first try

Feb 27, 2021, 23:15

It was ridiculous, Saffex. 

All that hard work getting to parity and they stuff it all up ! 

Feb 28, 2021, 00:04

The pressure is starting to build on "Steady Eddie". Pivoc's stocks have soared...

Feb 28, 2021, 01:13

Wales are 3/3 but I'm far from convinced. Be putting my money on France, unless France get a player sent out, of Wales get that ref again :ermm:

Feb 28, 2021, 04:00

It seems the French Govt may put a spanner in the works by preventing the team from fulfilling any more fixtures. They’re investigating the source of the Covid outbreak to see if the team are to blame. If so, they’ll pull the plug. 

Feb 28, 2021, 14:39

Sloppy sloppy England

Mar 01, 2021, 09:29

We have a funny case here,    Some of the members of this site blamed Cole for the disastrous performance of the English in scrumming in the 2019 WC final and lamented the injury of  Sinckler as a reason for that catastrophe.    However, the game on Saturday proves that Sinckler is anytime as defective a scrummager as Cole was in 2019.   

The main problem of the English was their forwards and with rare exception their unimaginative  backline performances,      

You need to Log in to reply.