You need to LOG IN to reply.

Watching the Stormers - Highlanders game again

Forum » Rugby » Watching the Stormers - Highlanders game again

May 28, 2019, 15:58

I watched the game carefully and looking at the performance of the individual players it would be a national disgrace if the following players are not in the Springbok squad for the Rugby Championship:-

Damian de Allende

Herschel Jantjies

Jaco Coetzee

Pieter-Steph du Toit

Cobus Wiese

Those four players were the key to the Stormers draw againsty the Crusader and they were crucial to all games wion by the Stormers this year,   

Fact is I would rather have Wiese at 4 than Etzebeth and Coetzee is miles ahead of Vermeulen when it comes to performance.  

May 28, 2019, 16:34

Another lock that appears to be an international test standard player.....

This reinforces my view that much of the Bok team should be converted locks playing in different positions. :D
Then the team could at least have 15 international standard players on the pitch. It would be worth an experiment, maybe against the Barbarians. The crashball would just beat the opposition backline defence into a pulp. 

Where is JD Shiterling? Is he yesterday's news... or more like yesterdays Currie Cup news.

Jantjies is a good option - finally, a new Scrumhalf to hit the scene. 

The form of Delande has improved. It is surprising that he seems to have flashes when he is back to his 2014 form, then reverts back to poor form.

May 28, 2019, 17:09

Duplication

May 28, 2019, 17:09

Schickerling is out with an injury.

SB - in a way this guy Wiese reminds me of Bakkies Botha - but for the fact he has  rugby brain as well.  

The problem is that De Allende is being demonized by people on site - he is not as bad as peoleon site makes him out to be.  When he does good things it gets ignored - when he makes a mistake books are written about it. 

It is the exact opposite - when Esterhuizen does things mildly good books are written about it - when he fails its get ignored.   

May 28, 2019, 17:56

Nonsense Wiese is no test lock and Stephanie was toothless against the Landers....even before he gothurt.

Allende shows flashes, but in the past he has simply plunged back into abject mediocrity....Shark is right.

May 28, 2019, 18:10

Balls as expected from Mozart - who supported duds for years now and malign players - moistly without any proof. 

I look at performance and work rate - you look at nothing bar reputation.   I do not malign players based on zero proof like you do.

Let me point out -  Wiese did contribute more on Saturday than Etzebeth did in four matches and Coetzee did more than Vermeulen did in 6 matches.   I like loosies like Hooper - not loosies like Alberts and Louw - too slow to contribute to anything throughout games and occasionally does things in patches in the few cases in  two games - too few times to say in one match.   .

By the way - the Stormers played the Canes months ago on 23 March 2019  - so have you written your assessment on that game late?   On checking - in that game Du Toit made 30 tackles and missed 3.   So your reference  as to performance against the Canes was as per normal total BS.  Comprehende

May 28, 2019, 21:08

Simpleton!

May 28, 2019, 22:25

The person who claimed that he only see what he wants to see is not me - you made that famous claim so you are the simpleton when it comes to rugby,    

You need to Log in to reply.