You need to LOG IN to reply.

WC squad

Forum » Rugby » WC squad

Feb 11, 2019, 02:03

Here is my WC squad of 31 pre the start of the Super rugby comp, will be interesting to see how much it changes by the end of the comp.

It’s politically incorrect but I don’t give a shit, it’s MY choice of 31.

15. Willie / Gelant 14/11. Nkosi / Dyantyi / Duhan vd Merwe 13. Kriel / Rohan Janse v Rensburg 12. Serfontein / de Allende 10. Pollard / Jantjies / Willemse 9. Faf / Reinach 1. Kitshoff / Pierre Schoeman 2. Marx / Aker 3. Wilco Louw / Thomas du Toit 4/5. Etzebeth / PSDT / Lood / RG Snyman 6. Kolisi (c) / Jaco Kriel / Kwagga 7. JL du Preez / Jacques du Plessis 8. Marcel Coetzee / Dan du Preez

Feb 11, 2019, 02:42

Lose

1 Gelant....too slow and can't kick.

2 Rohan as a 13, better at 12.

3 Allende.....useless

4 Jantjies....only a bench option.

5 Reinach....doesn't have the basics

6 Thomas as a tighthead....was way better at loosehead on YE tour.

7 Jaco Kriel....too frail.

8&9 The Deysel twins....too stupid.

10 Jacques du Plessis.....Mostert is way better.

11 Kwagga...disappears in tight games.

12 Marcel Coetzee....provincial talent.

Which is not to say I wouldn't like to replace Jesse Kriel, Lomp, Steppie, but the cupboards are bare.

Feb 11, 2019, 07:43

... of course Moffie won't offer and alternative selection of players ... he'll just mouth off from a safe distance ... point his finger ... criticize.

Typical arsehole.

Feb 11, 2019, 07:59

Dave

There are a few problems with your squad construction.   the squads normally have - 

*    3 tighthead props and 3 loose=head props; 

*    3  hookers; and

*    3  scrummies

as cover for potential injuries in those positions.

The situation is that the squad is made up of 17 forwards and 14 neckline players.

The squad normally have the following membership:-

Forwards

6  Props

3  Hookers

3  locks

5  loosies

It may become 4 locks and 4 loosies - but the situation as to Du Toit could make  it  slightly different

Backline    

3   Scrummies

3   Flyhalfs - one of which could potentially cover more than only the flyhalf position;

4   Centers  

4   Outside backs

The center and  outside back situation could vary too depending on the abilities of the players to play in different positions.

My squad based on the above breakdown  would be as follows:-

Backline 

Le Roux, DH van der Merwe, Mapimpi, Dyantyi, Nkosi, Kriel, De Allende, Serfontein, Am, Pollard, Willemse, De Klerk, Papier and Van Zyl

Forwards

Kitshof, Schoeman, Nyakane, Marx, Van der Merwe, Marutlelle, Malherbe, Koch, Du Toit, Etzebeth, De Jager, Schickerling, Kolisi, Du Toit, Coetzee  and two others,

Some selections are going to be problematic and I think would be influenced by performances in Super Rugby and tests this year.   Vermeulen is one of those - while players like Jacques du Plessis and the Du Preez twins can also come into the picture.

I would like to see a real openside flank cover and would in that case go with Kriel.

Forget about the orc's idiocy - he is a total rugby illiterate.

Feb 11, 2019, 08:43

Yes, Mike ... one cannot just field your match 23 without cover in the squad.

Injury would force you to send a player home for a suitable replacement. You'd end up looking like an idiot ... 

Dave will have to make a few adjustments by including the extra hooker, props, etc.

It seems the board's know it all missed this obvious oversight.

Probably too busy thinking on how he can get his toadies to support his inclusion of Frans Steyn.

Feb 11, 2019, 09:59

CC

It is always amazing how the orc criticize players - even those he has never seen playing.   To expect from him to come up with a squad is just too much to ask for,

Lets face facts - he would not only come up with Fransie, but also with duds like Louw and heaven help us with some other "golden oldies"  he still rates.   And obviously also he will omit his pet hates,     Sad to see that the orc can criticize what other people think - but is too big a coward to come up with anything on his own,

Feb 11, 2019, 15:31

Yes ... his squad of 31 would certainly be a hoot to behold.

We know that Louw and Vermeulen are definitely in ... so is Fransie and Pienaar ... we may even see Bismarck at 2 with Matfield at 5 ...

Jean De Villiers will receive his call up papers ... and so will "Fury" and Gurthro.

I am told that Alberts can cover the 100 in under a minute ... so he's bound to be the openside flank ... you know ... implementing the "egg laying" strategy we've all heard so much about.

Then there's ol JP Pietersen ...

Well ... let's see what he comes up.

LOL!!!

Feb 14, 2019, 21:22

Feb 14, 2019, 21:24

Wow, a lot of good players one could include in a Fantasy Rugby team!

Feb 15, 2019, 08:14

Yes ... Moffie posted the number 3 ... so I'm wondering if that would be Jannie Du Plessie or BJ Botha ... or is it that there'll only be 3 grandchildren for their morning poop appointment ... ?

Can't really tell.

You need to Log in to reply.