Weekly Update on Overall ranking of Teams in Super Rugby - Round 2

Forum » Rugby » Weekly Update on Overall ranking of Teams in Super Rugby - Round 2

Feb 09, 2020, 07:36

1   Stormers                   9

2   Chiefs                      8         

3   Brumbies                  8

4    Sharks                     8

5    Jaguares                  6

6    Blues                       5

7    Crusaders                5

8    Sunwolves               4

9    Lions                       4

10  Hurricanes               4

11  Reds                         2

12  Bulls                        0

13  Rebels                      0

14  Highlanders             0

15  Waratahs                  0

This was a real week of virtually total upsets in results.   Some of the worst rugby games I have seen for many years - it was not so much the good things that won games - it was rather the school boy mistakes in matches that upsets the apple carts,  

Feb 09, 2020, 17:06

The third round could have a serious impact on the ratings,   Some interesting matches in that regard could change the scenario totally:-

*   Can the Blues beat the Crusaders at home? - not sure about that one.

*    Either of the Waratahs or the Rebels can get off the bottom of the log position of Zero points - or one could get a bonus point. 

*    Hurricanes play the Sharks and my money is on the Sharks,   

*    Brumbies playing the Highlanders - first game of the Brumbies against foreign opposition,   The Brumbies should win this one = but who knows?

The other three games should be won by the Chiefs (Sunwolves), , Stormers (Lions) and Jaguares (Reds)            

Feb 12, 2020, 12:51

At the start of the tournament I wrote that I think that three teams from the SA Conference will be in the top 8 teams in the competition in the play-offs.   The Lions has been poor thus far in the series and although the Bulls lost both games played - they were competitive with Morne playing at flyhalf they got nowhere.

At this stage the three teams  I think will go through is still the Stormers, the Sharks and the Jaguares.   The three teams are no's  1, 4 and 5 on the overall logs respectively.   

If the Bulls can get over the Morne disease they have a change of moving up on the log,           

You need to Log in to reply.