You need to LOG IN to reply.

What team protocol did Jantjies breach to be dropped from Lions team.

Forum » Rugby » What team protocol did Jantjies breach to be dropped from Lions team.

May 31, 2019, 11:56

Does anybody know?

It looks like it's been kept a team secret.

Probably abusing alcohol. LOL like James Small.

Cannot think of anything else...missed team meeting or team practice?

Swearing?

Anyway discipline is good even though it might cause a loss.

The Stormers/Lions game is a bit of a lottery either way...I would go with the Stormers if it was not for injuries but the Lions are very capable of lifting their game and smarting from recent losses...I'm going with Lions on this one.

May 31, 2019, 12:01

He did not follow the game plan on the field by ignoring the captain's decisions. (e.g. refusing to kick for poles).

He threw 2 bad passes that led to intercepts, and his teammates gave him crap about it. There seems to have been a breakdown after this, where he became a loose cannon, refusing to follow the game plan

May 31, 2019, 12:14

Why - o why is he not a foreign contract.   He is a serous liability for the Lions and for any team he plays for.    His conduct on the field of play  is atrocious.   

I remember a Lions game against the Stormers he repeatedly buggered up badly and was benched early - which subsequently led to the Mitchell issue.   

Bad news that self-opinionated little twit.

May 31, 2019, 15:58

I remember that Jantjies was also involve in the dispute between the Lions franchise and John Mitchell a few years ago. Another Ashwin Willemse attitude?

May 31, 2019, 16:17

Usually an attitude comes with talent.

I get the feeling he thinks he's a Bok on merit.

It's time someone told him the difference between a quota and a merited player.

May 31, 2019, 17:44

Lots of jumping to conclusions guys. 

Mike 

Luckily Jantjies ain't on a foreign contract. If he was then the Lions wouldn't have done as well as they have the last few years.

Oh, I forgot, results don't mean a great deal in sport.

Jun 01, 2019, 02:28

I think Jantjies is suffering severe burn-out from probably about 5 years of spending his off-seasons in Japan. .......... imo.he's a good provincial player.

Jun 01, 2019, 02:35

He is a quality player with the right game plan and coaches. Not the best player on slow mud bath pitches, but can be great in a fast expansive game plan.

If he was crap, the Lions would not have made 3 finals in a row - given flyhalf is the most important position on the field.

Jun 01, 2019, 09:11

What amazes me is how some guys hate that our players play abroad and complain about it. 

Then those that stay behind and bring some success just don't get appreciated. Actually beyond that, they get slated and disrespected despite being consummate professionals.

All this by our knowledgeable and patriotic members.

Jun 01, 2019, 11:00

Apparently, Jantjies is meeting Roedoelf Straulie on Monday. Could be a one-way ticket to camp Staalstraad.

Jun 01, 2019, 11:31

Imposing some disciine on Jantjes could be a good thing. A talented player who goes off the rails at times. 

Jun 01, 2019, 11:49

Plum, Jantjies is a good flyhalf  to play a certain gameplan...a gameplan that we can't beat the Alblacks or other top tier teams with. We don't have enough other players to play that plan at test level.

As for not being appreciated...Eben, Duane, De Alende?...SA supporters are a fickle lot.

Jun 01, 2019, 12:36

Just annoying to realise how thinly veiled the bias is Draad.

It would be great if all the guys you mentioned did well and fought their way into a winning Bok squad.

Mike doesn't like Jaintjies. He has tattoos, looks a bit gangster and the haircuts don't help.

He'll call BS but if Jantjies was in Lambie's body, you know Mike's take would be different. 

It's impossible to fault his record, in SR anyway, yet one wishes he didn't play in SA?

Why?

Is he taking up a potential non-chocker's spot at the Lions? Jaintjies could still play for the Boks if he had a foreign contract.

Mike doesn't seem to want him in SR?

Probably just a passing comment though so.

Jun 01, 2019, 13:28

Plum, I don't like the look of Jantjies either, but he has done very well at the Lions and is an integral team member...don't get upset with Oom Maaik...he is like a force of Nature...Do you get upset by the wind and rain too?:angel::ermm::D

Jun 01, 2019, 14:17

Haha

I wonder if Jaintjies has gotten offers from Europe.

He'll probably duck up there after the WC.

Jun 01, 2019, 20:13

Hopefully we'll cast this trouble maker aside.

Simply useless.

Jun 02, 2019, 16:24

No he is not useless he is talented but it appears he has personal issues of identity...he lost his father not long ago tragically due to a bee-sting of all things...he is immature in mentality.

He calls for attention from his peers and sees himself as handicapped emotionally deep down and this causes him to be in love of self in an exaggerated way (huge ego and arrogance) and undermines respect for authority and I guess he has delusions of grandeur over his team mates and also those other players that threaten him.

Apparently the issue was Kwagga as captain gave him an instruction which he deliberately ignored.

He must grow up and become a team man. Such personalities are bad for a team even if they are talented. I'm not surprised the Lions improved greatly without him.

You need to Log in to reply.