Flyhalf: Curwin Bosch

Centres: Lukhanyo Am, Andre Esterhuizen

Wings: Makazole Mapimpi, Sbu Nkosi

Fullback: Aphelele Fassi.

STORMERS

Props: Steven Kitshoff, Frans Malherbe

Hookers: Bongi Mbonambi

Locks: JD Schickerling, Pieter-Steph du Toit

Loose forwards: Siya Kolisi, Cobus Wiese, Jaco Coetzee.

Scrumhalf: Herschel Jantjies

Flyhalf: Jean-Luc du Plessis.

Centres: Dan du Plessis, Rikus Pretorius

Wings: Senatla, Dylan Lleyds

Fullback: Damian Willemse

There will obviously be some variants but the Bulls in particular look desperate

Jan 11, 2020, 16:39

The Sharks and Lions look pretty desperate in the forwards. The Stormers have the best balance, but one can really see the effects of the post WC departures.

Useful post Dave.

Jan 11, 2020, 17:05

The Bulls look pretty monstrous.

Our best front row?

Jan 11, 2020, 17:22

The Japanese phenomenon is the most distressing. The players who go to Europe are  involved in top level competitive rugby and easy to see on a weekly basis. Japan was always a nice retirement package, now it's eliminating players in their primes from our screen......like RG Snyman. His development as possibly the premier number 5 lock in the game was of considerable interest.

Jan 11, 2020, 17:23

WP doesn't look too shabby, but PSDT should be used the same as for the Boks...keep him at 7.

Jan 11, 2020, 17:28

PS: Plum, Stormers pack isn't half shabby either....and huge potential in the backs. It's time that the Dup bloodline delivers...last season at Newlands to boot...

Jan 11, 2020, 20:38

I have some differences based on performance:

I am not sure about Bosch at flyhalf for the Sharks - I think it might be Jordan Chait,   I think the Sharks also have Muller du Plessis in their squad,   What they are going to do with him will have to be scene.    Also I think that Wiese will play at lock and not loosie.  Dayimane of the Lions ois likely to be their no 8,  

Anyway next Sunday the four Super Rugby teams will all play and I would see what comes up,  I will post the teams for those two teams on site and we will then see where they are going.          

Jan 12, 2020, 14:41

Muller du Plessis not in the Sharks squad and Bosch is highly regarded so will definitely feature at flyhalf for the Sharks - Chait might make the bench.

There are a few worthy players to add to the best I could come up with the 4 sides I chose:

BULLS:

Tim Agaba, Ruan Steenkamp, Ivan v Zyl, Jonny Kotze and Dylan Sage

LIONS:

Johannes Jonker, Frans v Wyk, Dayimani, Marnus Schoeman, Dan Kriel and Stean Pienaar

SHARKS:

Ox Nche, Juan Schoeman, JJ vd Mescht, Buthelezi, Mtembu, Henco Venter, Nohamba, Marius Louw, Tambwe

STORMERS:

Wilco Louw, Scara, Moerat, Augustus, Dan du Plessis, Ruhan Nel, Sergeal Petersen and Zas

That’s it guys along with those crap signings of Morne Steyn, Jeandre Kruger, Alberts, Jannie du Plessis and Josh Strauss

Jan 13, 2020, 18:11

I'm not holding my breath, I think that it will be between SA and Aus to fight for the wooden spoon, maybe the scum wolves too. 

But looking at the stormers back 3, I just shudder to think how they will be exploited by the kiwi backs.

We have too many pensioners and laities in our teams. It is a pity that we couldn't hold on to all of our World Cup players, or most of them at least. 

That said, perfect time for Etsebeth, Pollard etc to go make a mint while they still have a good 4 years of their prime left. 

You need to Log in to reply.