Where will the BOKS finish by the end of the year

Forum » Rugby » Where will the BOKS finish by the end of the year

Jul 20, 2022, 14:36

Just saw a post World number 1 vs World Champions. A bit of an insult given that we just threw our number 1spot away for a failed Rassie and Nienaber experiment. 

Ireland sold out their match tickets against the boks already. 

So our record thus far and where will we be come December 2022

7 Wins and 6 Losses so far since the lions series. Only 53% win record and this is about to plummet (Excluding Lions series)

W - Wales

L - Wales

W - Wales

L - Eng

W - Sco

W - Wales

W - NZ

L - NZ

L - Aus

L - Aus

W - Arg

W - Arg

I was hoping for a better year, but now we have one massive hurdle to overcome as we face a hurting All Black team that will look to set the record straight, after that we have to play Aus in Aus and I can't remember when last we actually managed to beat Australia back to back in Australia. We always seem to come undone against them. We have a home and away matches against the bargies before the year end tour against the world 1 and 2 teams on back to back weekends. Oirish have their tales up and so do the french. 

If the coaching team don't stop the bleeding we could be in for a hard year and perhaps back to the dark days of Coetzee

Based on current performance, I'm seeing the all blacks wipe the floor with us, Aus beating us and maybe even dropping a game against the bargies. Then, probably 3 games too at the end of the year. This can turn out to be a very bleak year if we don't start evolving and use our bloody backline more effective

Worst case, we could be 4 Wins out of 12 test matches for 2022

Jul 20, 2022, 16:33

Stop being such a negative prick you seem to have a short memory

Jul 20, 2022, 16:41

I do not p[articualrlty believe anyguess work is of value here - I would rather loo0k at what happens in the WC 2023.   The NH teams can majke points on the SH trips at thi time of the year - but that is often negated by the RC tournament anyway.   So we do not even know at this stage what the points would look like after the RC

Jul 20, 2022, 17:31

Saffex, your post of the boks have been shit speaks for itself. I'm just looking ahead and hope we can whitewash the AB, Beat Aus down under and beat Argetina to make it 6 out of 6. Then put Ireland in place before letting France know that we are the real deal. 

That to me would be awesome. Just my concerns that we may not get there, 54% win ration isn't good at all.

Here all of the stats from current coaches and their teams

Ian Foster - NZ 69%

Dave Rennie - Aus 42%

Fabien Galthie - FR 78%

Andy Farrel - Ire 74%

Eddie Jones - 75%

Other than Dave Rennie and Australia, compared to top tier teams, our coaching staff is far off the pace. 

Sorry but 54% doesn't cut it. Coetzee got fired for 50% win record. We had other disastrous coaches too. 

Rassie and Niena head needs to be on the block if these results don't improve. We can't live on  past glories and go on like this. They need to back themselves up

Jul 20, 2022, 17:43

I said the Boks have been shit but we still won - I’m not predicting potential doom and gloom as you are

Rassie is a class act he will have us winning the majority this year

Jul 20, 2022, 18:24

The Blockheads were ranked 6th heading into the world cup and they have lived up to that standing ever since. Double ranking points can only go so far...

Jul 20, 2022, 20:03

For the long Run it's a must, that our Attack becomes way better....Some here on Ruckers, me included want more for the Boks....not just Scraping By,  but  playing a more Balanced Rugby. So far this Year we struggled against Wales, Just scraping by...let's hope that was Rust, and we have shaken it off....but I doubt that this 1 Style play book, will do us any Favours....Besides it won't change while R&N is still Running the show.

Jul 20, 2022, 20:34

Well, what does Erasmus have to work with. Fee Fi fo fum rugby is all yarpies know and can understand. You should know, and your big names are the stupidest players in world rugby. 

Jul 20, 2022, 22:04

My gripe with Rassie is that he will sacrifice some matches to build towards a RWC victory...he's playing a stats game on top of everything else too...it's BS, we should be trying everything in our arsenal to win every match...we shouldn't be breaking eggs for the "greater" omelet:D:D:D

Jul 20, 2022, 22:58

You wish... sacrifice. He sacrificed nothing. Those losses are legit. What an egotistical load of arse ejections. 

Jul 20, 2022, 23:41

Draad, you are right. I just want us to put a decent run together and put to bed all of our doubters. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_South_Africa_rugby_union_test_matches

Just look at this list, we hardly ever crack 70% and barely hover above 50%. It can’t just be about WC. We need to put some decent performances together. Then again, it doesn’t help that we had Coetzee and De Villiers as coaches. Meyer lost the plot towards the end and got found out. Jake started well, but then dipped in the middle and experimented for the WC. Markgraaf and Carel Du plesis were disasters. Mallet restored much needed pride and so did Kitch. We simply never reach our full potential. 

Yes , 3 world cups are awesome but it is the 12 years in between that hurts. We are always told we had a lucky draw or the team got poisoned and that we were lucky to win. 

Just once I want us to be unanimous undefeated champions which no one can dispute 

Jul 21, 2022, 01:57

We are still dealing here with the haters of Erasmus after the Meyer and Coetzee disasters.     They refuse to admit that Erasmus inherited a disaster of a team from the two idiots receding him and spend 2018 to try and get through experimenting a decent team together by 2019 that won the World Cup.    In the weeks leading to the play-offs they kept on forcasting disaster fr the Springboks - kept quiet about the winning of the WC and in  2020 started with their BS again  about Erasmus stopping the Springboks playing in  2020 during which year very few games were played on regional level in SA anyway because rugby was banned from being played until August 2020.    The factual situation had zero to do with Erasmus. 

Then in 2021 - the Lions was beaten by the Springboks and aside from the Lions series and Georgia all tests played were away games played in Australia.    After not playing any test rugby in 2020 the Lions win was surprising.      The rest of the story was that in he RC  of 2021 the Springboks were not good enough in 2021.   It was evident that  some changes were necessary to replace players who retired after the 2019 and players who became  poorer in the period  since then.

Now the same people are again attacking Erasmus and Nienaber after they did what was done by Erasmus  in 2018 by playing an experimental team in the Wales series.   They have always been on about the Springboks backline performances under Erasmus and Nienaber  especially in 2018 and 2019 - yet the backline players score more tries than the Springboks did in the Meyer era and gave away less tries through poor defense than they did  under Meyer and Coetzee - but that does not count. according to them.

In their twisted minds they hanker back to Meyer and Coetzee and Red Rose even went on to carry on  about Mallett  forgetting  how he resigned because of disastrous losses in 2020 because he could not replace the players he had to replace after the WC on 1999.     The Springboks lost badly against the Wallabies in the 1999 WC, because of one-dimensional play in that series.    Mallett would have been fired in 2000  if he did not resign.   But he is now the Red Rose king, but did he really achieve in his career using 14 of the players he inherited from Du Plessis,    He failed to identify replacement players and when he did have to replace players he was disastrous.   

The same story always about Erasmus - the center of attacks since he became Director of Rugby in 2018.    The issue is they want to continue with their BS and this thread is a typical example of it .               .   .

.      .      

Jul 21, 2022, 07:08

Mike, they all play the same. But this bunch of Boks is the worst attacking side ever. Stop with this bullshit of picking some coaches and attacking others. You sound like a fucking cult follower. 

Jul 21, 2022, 16:44

Erasmus restored Bok fortunes by returning to the basics. Dominant scrum, lineout and defense.

If our opponents don’t learn how to scrum and break down the kneeknocker defence it can still work in 2023.

But it’s so boring one scarcely cares

Jul 21, 2022, 16:55

Well, the first test against the all blacks kick off in 3 weekends time. But I see Faf is galavanting around Japan. Not sure how this helps the bok cause when your starting 9 is not even in SA preparing for the AB. 

Jul 21, 2022, 17:56

It works, sometimes. Not always. That's the problem. Maybe a run of two big games, nothing much more then that. If the Kiwis were faced in the knockouts the Blocks would have been sent home early. 

Jul 21, 2022, 21:06

Yes Rassie did make us a strong forward oriented ( Most off the Time) successful Team, but for how long still? The NH and Other SH teams play a more Balanced Rugby....they have better backline/ attack Structures and using that perspective of the game, more successful and accurate to score points....Especially NH teams, are also more up for the Forward Challenge, as clearly seen in the Wales Series....this makes the Boks more limited in there Arsenal and easier to Beat....most of the times it is a grind to win...but this Grind/ Basic Style of Rugby, is Fast becoming extinct and still leaves us,  a 1 trick pony team...very Predictable.

Jul 21, 2022, 21:14

Actually the Blocks are not a strong forward team. The defensive plan hides the weaknesses for a bit. It was better earlier on but its still there. So what have they got? Scrum? Thanks to Saff I did a but of research and saw you finished third in last year's rugby championship for scrumming. Blocks lost 4 scrums to the Wallies last weekend. Epic stuff, ain't it? Fuck no. Do what is it then? Mauls and line outs. It's pretty specific to line outs and mauls and kicking any penalties for poles or for lineouts. It only works if the ref is a biased piece go shit and blows the opposition off the pitch. The penalty count most of the time is absolute bollocks. But that shit comes to an end and the Kiwis can preach that shit authoritatively! It's a pretty limited group, can't carry the fucking ball good, can't pass, can't read the field and can't tackle good. The best carries need one or two team mates driving behind them and the best tackles need one or two team mates cleaning up the feeble first contact. Fucking hilarious bullshit you try to pass off as world class. I feel bad for Erasmus, how the fuck does he get even two wins a season with these useless fucks?? Amazing! 

Jul 23, 2022, 16:19

One thing is absutely certain. Should we again win the RWC it will only be because the opposition we faced was useless. Then it will be said that it was boring watching the Boks win THE RWC. (Of course real Bok supporters will be over the moon should we win) 

All our strengths will be ignored and because we don't do enough dainty ballerina moves there will be wailing and mashing of teeth. 

Wales tried this dainty ballerina stuff but when we put in a pretty decent test side in the third test we  had a comfortable win. And we score some great tries.

Boring wailed the haters. Boks were pathetic they opined. 

The plaintive whining of Rosie Nose and old Mozzzzz will of course rise to a crescendo if we don't win the RWC. If you thought the Boks were useless after winning the RWC hold onto your hats if we lose. These two plonkers will go bananas and it will go on for years.

Beeno reading the plonkers like an open book! :D

Jul 23, 2022, 16:41

Should we again win the RWC it will only be because the opposition we faced was useless

Probably. People say this stuff because it's fucking true. Beenz your insular neo-lib mentality shields you from reality. Wake the fuck up!

Jul 23, 2022, 19:42

Rosie Nose don't use terms you don't understand.  Just understand you don't understand rugby. Emoji World ™ Smileys & Emoji Android - Free Download Emoji World ...

Jul 23, 2022, 20:42

Should go on a diet. Your finger looks like a baguette.

You need to Log in to reply.