Who will end up as head coach of the Springboks?

Forum » Rugby » Who will end up as head coach of the Springboks?

Nov 05, 2019, 07:38

Some site members claim that Stick would be the new head coach without producing any real evidence to support their statement.

Then there was the Jones issue - which I repeatedly raised as a possibility because of his working together with Erasmus and apparently have the same approach to rugby "science" as Erasmus has.  Erasmus apparently brought him on board in the WC coaching complement after the departure of De Bruin.  Why would Erasmus has done that.

Them there was a newspaper report that the new Chief Coach will be Nienaber and even though it is widely known that Nienaber has close friendship ties with Erasmus and worked with him in the coaching area as well there was no real evidence about his appointment,   Does Nienaber actually wants the job?  Nobody knows. 

The latest name to be added to the list is John Plumtree who was a successful coach at the Shark and the forwards coach for the Irish when they beat the AB's in two tests and is now with the Hurricanes as Head Coach,  Out of the blue the latest newspaper report refers to him as potential Chief Coach,   The really interesting question is - why was Plumtree in SA for the whole WC and constantly in the panel discussions of Supersport dealing with the WC?  

Nobody knows - the above all seems to be based on rumours and one really does not know what Erasmus would do about the Chief Coach story or even the coaching team as a whole.   Hope we get an answer soon - since delay in appointments in the past detrimentally affected the Springboks in the June test series.                     

Nov 05, 2019, 07:41

Success at the Sharks? 

Why not rehire Coetzee and bring the Stompie triumvirate together once more. 

Nov 05, 2019, 07:47

In 2012 the Sharks were in the final of the RC - enough said. 

Nov 05, 2019, 07:51

Mid-table all season, scrapped through for the lowest playoff spot on the last day by 1 point, requiring three other results to go in their favour. Yes, very successful. Played one playoff game in SA, aiding them in diminishing travel fatigue and didn't play the better New Zealand teams. Only beating the lowly Blues. You keep doing this to yourself. 

Rassie your anti-Meyer
Plum your anti-Jake

You never learn. :D

Nov 05, 2019, 08:13

When you say one thing one can accept the exact opposite.    Just one question - Idiot Speaker- you lied about the play-offs.  The Sharks had to play the Reds in Brisbane to get into the semi's - the next week they played the semi in Cape Town against the Stormers and the third week they had to travel to Hamilton for the Final.  So even your travel fatigue story is total BS.

Lets face facts idiot - Erasmus is a better coach than White was and he proved that Meyer was a total failure as a coach,   Ask the owner of Stade Francais whether he regrets appointment of Meyer as coach and making a fortune available to him tp recruit players for the Club?    Meyer flopped as a coach big time - so lets forget that period when Meyer affected SA Rugby so dismally. .  LMAO             

Nov 05, 2019, 08:21

"Ask the owner of Stade Francais whether he regrets appointment of Meyer as coach and making a fortune available to him tp recruit players for the Club?"

I'm not interested in Stade Francais. When you can tell the difference between a football player and rugby player, then we can talk. :D

I won't forget the three seasons at #2. Or the 23 consecutive tests where only New Zealand - a much stronger New Zealand - could beat us. Multiple clean sweeps up north. 

Best you keep you tongues in check Lügies, Rassie is going to have to play these sides on their turf next season. Hell be hiding behind a figurehead, but we all know who to look to. 

Nov 05, 2019, 08:41

Himmell - name me one trophy Meyer's team ever won - just one would do!!!!   Meyer was a stooge of a coach and always was.   No game plan - shit selections - a WC squad with more than a quarter of the players unplayable.   

I took Meyer three years  to destroy the Springboks as  team  - it took Erasmus 18 months to rebuild the structure and team that Meyer and Coetzee destroyed,  Just look at the period November 2014 to November 2015 and you would see the results of Meyer's coaching disaster.  LMAO .

So which NH teams did the Springboks not play this year - Ireland who lost to Japan - Scotland the same and France.   The other three teams they beat easily.    The only team the Springboks might be careful of is France - the rest are easy pie.  Keep on dreaming out BS - bird brain.  LMAO        

Nov 05, 2019, 08:46

"it took Erasmus 18 months to rebuild the structure and team that Meyer and Coetzee destroyed"

Rebuild, he used the same players to achieve a lesser output. Restraining their natural talents. Which attacking stats did South Africa excel in this year? How do those compare to any year from 2007 to 2017? I did the work already, so I advise you resist the urge to fire back. :D

We all know you can't. Tell me, were you an only child? 

Nov 05, 2019, 08:58

You did not realize that Meyer destroyed the players he used insofar as a team is concerned.    Just look at Pollard today and Pollard in 2015.   Meyer destroyed the confidence players have in themselves.   You can say that of any of the other players who came through the dark days of Meyer's coaching.   Coetzee followed the same route as Meyer did.

Remember Meyer never had a discernable game plan and what was evident was the lack of performance under him.  Pollard went backwards - Le Roux went backwards - every other player in the end failed because of Meyer.

Players deprived of the self-confidence and team spirit are never winning players.   Erasmus build them up again and with huge success,    .   Erasmus rebuilt the self-confidence in players and gave them back their pride in playing for the Springboks.   He gave them a challenging game plan and they bought into it.    The happy team under Erasmus is all clearly visible in public.  

Nov 05, 2019, 09:02

Ah, you must see my thread below "Another Bloody Nose". You'll love it! 

I can tell you are about to cry, so maybe you should have a time out. :D

Nov 05, 2019, 09:18

LMAO - the idiot believes in his own distortions.  Call up Mozart to get him to support you - all the other members think you are a bloody fool. 

Nov 05, 2019, 10:37

“   Posted by: clevermike (38670 posts)

Nov 05, 2019, 07:47

In 2012 the Sharks were in the final of the RC - enough said. 

Hahahaha. Are you 100% sure you wouldn’t want to revisit that one?

Nov 05, 2019, 11:57

Sorry I meant the SR series,   Thanks Ceradyne.

You need to Log in to reply.