World Cup Boreathon.

Forum » Rugby » World Cup Boreathon.

Oct 06, 2019, 17:05

Only three games have had any interest so far.....Boks/ABs.....Japan/Ireland.....Oz/Wales. And there are only 2 interesting games left in the 2 weeks before the playoffs.....Scotland/Japan and France/England.

Despite all the hype it's almost impossible to maintain a level of excitement with all these mismatches.

Oct 06, 2019, 17:09

Hoor, Hoor.

Oct 06, 2019, 17:20

I’d add Boks vs Italy, England vs Argies, Ireland vs Scotland and Argies vs France to your list.

But agreed - 1st Tier vs 2nd Tier sides is a bore

To be honest I never expected Japan to feature on the list

Oct 06, 2019, 18:27

Yes, I can't say I've been terribly bothered about watching most of it.

Oct 06, 2019, 18:50

Yes - but it is nothing new - it happened in all the recent WC's.   But sometimes there are indeed upsets in the outcomes - in two of those Japan was involved.   Against the Springboks in 2015 they won the game, but in fact the Springboks were atrocious and lost the game as a result.    Against Ireland this WC - the Japan team was competitive throughout the match and the victory was thoroughly deserved.   I found that game very interesting and watch it throughout because I thought Japan was fielding a stronger team than in 2015 after seeing that they won the Pacific Cup easily.     

Oct 06, 2019, 19:19

I think there is just too much rugby and by the time the world cup comes around we've already watched over fifty games over a period of months. 

Oct 06, 2019, 23:31

The NH warmup games were more interesting...time for 2 pools of 5 each, the top 10.....winners and runners up in a semi and final.

That way you get 23 really good games.....and no game which is a clear no contest from the off. The whole thing is done in 6 weekends.

Oct 06, 2019, 23:32

Agreed Moz

Oct 07, 2019, 08:18

Tonga/France is one of the best this tournament.OK Tonga got a few good calls but they finally put their game together.Seeing some of those human tanks still rumbling after 75 min was lekker.

Oct 07, 2019, 08:21

Agreed. Three weeks of mainly nothing matches.

As long as the minnows get the opportunity to be thrashed once in four years I suppose.

Oct 10, 2019, 15:32

Of the two remaining games of interest....England/ France is toast and Scotland/Japan is at considerable risk. This Is like organizing a WC in Florida in August hurricane season, just asking for trouble.

This tournament will get some life when the playoffs start and cancelling the Scottish match presumably leaves us Japan who we will easily beat the Quarters........but what an anti climax for the already flawed pool phase.

Oct 10, 2019, 15:49

Disagree ... I've enjoyed every match.

You need to Log in to reply.