11. Makazole Mapimpi (South Africa)
12. Samu Kerevi (Australia)
13. Lukhanyo Am (South Africa)
14. Will Jordan (New Zealand)
15. Stuart Hogg (Scotland)

Can’t say I agree with all of it:

Jordie Barrett  for Hogg

Kolbe for Jordan

Kolisi is a political choice….so maybe Boris Johnson imitating Schalk Burger.

Kitshoff for WYN Jones

Dec 08, 2021, 22:00

No ways does Itoje deserve to be there

Kolisi has had an outstanding year

Politics plays no part in rugby selections outside of SA

Kolbe played no rugby this year so he can’t be considered

Dec 08, 2021, 22:35

Kolbe scored the crucial try in the Lions’ series….I’d pick Cheslin to score any try Jordan would score and a bunch he wouldn’t.

Dec 08, 2021, 22:49

TAgh lost the scrum battle in the lion series, don’t understand that choice. Kolbe is also my pick above Jordan. Maro is good, but there is better in form locks them him. I would like to see Tomas “ Ole” lavanini next to Eben. Both storm troopers. Yes and kitzie for Jones.

Dec 08, 2021, 23:10

Kolbe over any wing but unfortunately he spent most of the year injured

Dec 08, 2021, 23:15

I’d have Lood, AWJ, Retallick, Willemse, Whitelock and Henderson over Itoje

Dec 08, 2021, 23:53

Nope Itoje is way better than Lomp. Retallik and Whitelock had poor seasons. Willemse is excessively clumsy….great physical potential with a Wiese brain. Henderson maybe.

Dec 09, 2021, 00:02

Disagree give me Lood over the over hyped Itoje anyday

I see nothing from Itoje other than nuisance value - adds no physical clout

The most hyped player in the game, closely followed by Farrell

Nothing clumsy about Willemse

Dec 09, 2021, 00:36

Willemse is a big dude but not Mobile enough. Lood is a better lineout jumper than Itoje. Itoje gets more turnovers and is more mobile. Being so massively big and slow, has definite draw backs.

Dec 09, 2021, 00:40

Itoje is no more mobile than Lood

Lood is more physical than Itoje

Dec 09, 2021, 00:42

Bye the way Where is Augenoffner?

Dec 09, 2021, 00:44

Curry over Kolisi.

Dec 09, 2021, 06:52

"Bye the way Where is Augenoffner?"

Indeed...:angel:

Dec 09, 2021, 11:16

M Power..."I would like to see Tomas “ Ole” lavanini next to Eben. Both storm troopers."

So would I but unfortunately he cannot control his immature aggression and uses it to the detriment of his team and is destroying his career. He has so much but when you cannot harness your control over your emotions you lose everything. Maybe the penny will eventually drop and he will grow up and become a great player. He is very physically strong and is a good player.

Dec 09, 2021, 15:07

I agree, if he can get the anger monkey of his back he will flourish as a Rugby player.

Dec 09, 2021, 17:55

It’s reassuring  to see that the selectors never bought the Dud hype and recognized Kerevi’s dominance over Dud Allende. That midfield dominance was probably the biggest factor in Oz’s victory over the Boks.

Dec 09, 2021, 20:32

And on reflection I would pick Duhan van der Merwe over Mapimpi at left wing. The same argument I made for Kolbe. Duhan would never have been stopped on those Mapimpi overlap tries…but he did so much more for the Lions taking high balls and busting through traffic.

Dec 09, 2021, 22:22

Mapimpi is the best finisher in the gam...hands down. DvdM is good, but MM is way better...a fit Kolby rules the 14 roost too....and DsA makes it as top 12 in most other world 15's teams. Bokke is at a good place ATM...World no1...and it shows...clearly...

Dec 10, 2021, 00:19

Kerevi never dominated DA and that’s a fact

Kerevi was good during the RC but DA was good against the Lions and by the end of the EOYT he had firmly established himself as the best 12 in the game again

Kerevi edged him mid year but that’s it

Right now DA is the best 12 in the game

Dec 10, 2021, 00:32

I see Wales have selected de Allende as their 12 in their world 15, they also include Kitshoff, Kolbe and Mbonambi

Dec 10, 2021, 00:47

Well the Wallies aren’t very bright….they can’t see all Dud’s errors like giving the Poms the test.

Best finisher in the game….geez Draad you really swallow all these lines. Mapimpi has no step, he is not particularly powerful…he is fast but that’s about it. Duhan may be a step or two slower….but he does have a sidestep and can smash through a goal line defence. 

And Mapimpi is a serial defensive liability 

Dec 10, 2021, 01:02

What bullshit - DA giving England the test - what utter hogwash

DA was by far the best centre on the field in all 3 of the EOYT

Fact

Dec 10, 2021, 02:36

Dave nobody could say you haven’t put up a vigorous defence of Dud Allende, you are loyalty personified. But no,  he was the barn door that lost the test….if Dud wasn’t supposed to tackle Marchant, who the hell was?

Kerevi showed us what a centre is supposed to do, take gaps and feed his outside backs.,,..not just ferret around playing the fetcher and crash ball  like a blindside flanker.

If anybody personifies the dull toothless rugby we have played this year it’s Dud Allende, no centre in test rugby has had more ball and fewer attacking contributions.

Dec 10, 2021, 11:31

It's lts clear ou Mozzzzz hasn't taken his meds today. Same old drivel about Allende. He can't help himself. 

Allende had a great season.

Where is the Org. Well the Org took a pounding this year due to a his many absurd posts that showed he doesn't understand the game.

Hope he does some serious reflecting on all the comments posted to put the oak on the right track. :)

Dec 10, 2021, 12:25

"Where is the Org. Well the Org took a pounding this year due to a his many absurd posts that showed he doesn't understand the game."

He's still around.:angel:

Dec 10, 2021, 12:34

We have been over the DA and Jantjies misunderstanding to death and to blame DA is insulting given the circumstances.

The only reason you are fingering DA is because you ignorantly can’t stand him

The same player who is so shit he makes the team of the year side

The selection of these players like DA and PSDT for world sides and players of the year is really embarrassing for you - but of course you are right and the rugby world is wrong

If only you realised that this very equation makes you look so rugby stupid but you don’t

Dec 10, 2021, 23:05

Jantjies tackled the man he was supposed to tackle….if there was a misunderstanding it was all Dud…..lost us the test. A dull plodder. As for Dud token selection Toit, is he still injured after the wing got hold of him?

Dec 11, 2021, 23:43

Bullshit that sounds like the analysis of a 5 year old

DA was outstanding this year so much so I have him displacing Jean as our best Bok 12 ever

Dec 12, 2021, 01:29

Waaaaaaahahaha….Dud replacing Jean. You can’t be serious. But he’s in good company Stepfontein, Wynand Olivier and JJ Englebrecht were also better than Jean in your books.

But I ask you for one name…if Dud wasn’t supposed to tackle Marchant, who was? None of your bullshit, just a name please.

Dec 12, 2021, 01:57

Nope you are lying I never said any of those were better than Jean

And yes I am 100% serious in saying DA replaces Jean as my best Bok 12 of all time

Jean was great but DA is better. Jean was more astute, DA is more effective and invaluable to the side

Summed up perfectly by the very astute Greenwood saying you stop DA you stop the Boks - he is invaluable

Dec 12, 2021, 02:37

They always stop Dud Allende….has any Bok 12 in history beat less tackles per carry.

Dec 12, 2021, 02:49

Remember this one Dave:

JJ will go down as a better Bok 13 than Joubert, Mulder, Snyman and Fourie.......mark my words......you just cant beat the speed and step he offers as perfect attributes for an outside centre.

I cant wait for the day we see Goosen, Serfontein and JJ running the show.

Dec 12, 2021, 03:09

And this one Dave:

Jun 23, 2014, 14:28

He is far better than Jean was aged 21........is able to beat his man on the inside and outside and is bloody powerful.......Jean was good but Jan is better 

Dec 12, 2021, 03:11

You see I never lie Dave, surely you know that by now. So when I say you said something, you said something…being honest just makes life so uncomplicated.

Dec 13, 2021, 22:58

You are lying Moz you said I said JJ was better than Jean - I never did.

I stand by what I said about JJ in that year he made Conrad Smith look like a school boy. He looked very promising but I at least then had the balls to admit he failed later lacking the hard edge

I said Serfontein looked better than Jean did as a youngster which is true - Serfontein won U20 world player of the year. Serfontein is easily as good as Jean and has leaving for France as a youngster to blame for not establishing himself as a great Bok 12. He is a fantastic player - so again you lied

Biggest lie of all was saying I rated Olivier over Jean. I was a huge fan of Olivier, he was a class act but only as Jean’s understudy

You lied on every front - I know what I say about players - I know my players and where they rank in my mind

Jean used to be my best Bok 12 of all time but DA has eclipsed him

Dec 13, 2021, 23:29

I am sorry to say, but DA must do much more to eclipse Jean. Jdv attacked the gain line more, created more try scoring opportunities and the “ Intercept King”come on...yes his defence was sometimes not up to standard, but still a bit better then DA.

Dec 13, 2021, 23:40

Mpower you know fuck all about the game

Dec 14, 2021, 01:10

Is that all you got?

Dec 14, 2021, 03:05

Okay I found an old reference where you put Olivier behind JdV. I think if we could go further back into the 2009 time frame I might be vindicated. But let’s chalk that up as my mistake. But as per the above references you preferred Serfontein to JdV and JJ to Fury. It’s there in black and white……in retrospect, huge blunders.

Dec 14, 2021, 20:25

So in fact what you are saying is that you are lying?

I never said JJ was better than Jean - all I said was that he would go down as better than Joubert and co not that he was better and then I conceded I was wrong

I never said Serfontein was better than Jean - that’s another lie. I said aged 21 Serfontein was better than Jean as a 21 and that’s a fact which I stand by. But even you are not stupid enough to conclude that a players career is defined at the age of 21. Unfortunately Serfontein chose France so we will never know who would have turned out better Jean or Serfontein. My money would have been Serfontein as he has a better skill set

And then finally the lie of Olivier over Jean - complete bullshit

I’ve said all along that Jean was my best Bok 12 of all time but has now been surpassed by DA

Dec 14, 2021, 20:26

Mpower it’s all you are worth - I can’t be asked to waste my time with an ignorant fool

Dec 14, 2021, 20:58

Typical Saffex if you can’t back your Viewpoint with actual facts, you get rude and swear. Just like a child throwing his toys out the pram. The fact off the matter is, although DA is strong, his defence and general attacks needs real attention...this will only make him a stronger player in the end. Saffex everyone on here has there own opinion and like defending there viewpoints. But there is no need to get personal. So Take a chill pill before you blow a O ring.

Dec 14, 2021, 21:14

Listen here you idiot - what part do you not get? I don’t think you are worth my efforts

de Allende has done more than enough to prove his worth but I’m guessing this is all beyond your comprehension?

Jean was a clever player but not as influential as DA is. DA has the same skill set but it’s his freakish strength that sets him apart. The opposition find DA a real handful, that was not the case with Jean. DA draws the attention of the opposition more than Jean did. DA is more vital to the side than Jean was

Hope this helps but I trust it won’t

Dec 14, 2021, 21:23

“ The opposition find DA a real handful, that was not the case with Jean “ - OZ & ENG backline will beg to differ....they ran right thru him.

Dec 14, 2021, 21:33

Stop fucking lying - are you stupid enough to conclude that Jean never missed tackles

And name the times DA had opposition running through him against Oz and England you lying twit

Dec 14, 2021, 21:47

Nope I never lie….here you are trying to get rid of Jean in 2012. You said Wynand and Serfontein were better than Jean and you said JJ is better than Fury. I just can’t get far enough back to document your Olivier obsession. 

…..

ep 15, 2012, 20:31

Wow more crap about Frans, the only centre to make a clean break beating 2 defenders. Once again he was by some distance the best of our 10, 12 & 13. Morne was yet again pathetic, kicking valuable possession away and providing nothing on attack - what a useless player.

Did Jean play???

Hats off to Habana, he had a good game.

Hougaard is completely wasted on the wing. Pienaar was average at 9, he provides no zip at all.

Funny thing is we were better than the AB's today and had useless Morne actually kicked his kicks and had we scored that easy try we should have taken it, despite poor team selections and that bloody pathetic tactic of kicking the leather off the ball.

Flip once again proved he is a test quality lock, all this bullshit about him being a flip flop is bullshit. Bekker was far better than Kruger. Strauss had his best test of the season. Alberts looked a little better than his usual awol self and Vermeulen had a useful test. Greyling is one stupid fool.

Get rid of Morne and Jean and move Hougaard back to 9. Play Bekker ahead of Kruger and get Coenie back on the bench as the sub prop.

…..

‘Get rid of Jean’…..case closed.

Dec 14, 2021, 21:52

JDV did have defence problems I did mention that. But in my opinion, DA still needs to improve to become the all round 12 Jean was. Yes his strength is a bonus but I feel that on attack, he and the whole Bok backline needs fresh ideas and actual attack coaching + Defence tune up. What the EOYT tour showed us, is that we are lacking in these departments and we need to fix them before WC 2023.

Dec 15, 2021, 00:20

Dud Allende is not a great tackler. He clings to his man, but it’s reasonably reliable unless he has to make an open field tackle like the one he missed on Watson in the WC final.

His  real issue is judgement, where to be on the field and unbelievably who he is supposed to tackle. Jean had a brilliant sense of where the danger was building and so often he snuffed out movements with a rush defence.

Don’t look for Dud to do that…it involves thinking.

Dec 16, 2021, 18:51

Ah just as I thought - all lies no evidence to the contrary

Case closed

Getting rid of Jean would have been when he was long past his sell by date much like we saw with Matfield, Os, Frans (today)and Percy

Matfield, Os, Jean and Frans were brilliant in their day but useless when they hung on for too long like Frans is doing now and Matfield in particular did.

Vermeulen is fast approaching that stage as well....but time will tell. He was great in the WC but been a shadow since.

Here are my facts Moz - I rated Jean ahead of Olivier, by some distance but Olivier was very very good and had Jean not been around, he would have made a good Bok 12. Great player.

Serfontein as a youngster looked a better prospect than Jean at the same age, evidenced by his world junior player of the year award. But Serfontein messed his test career up by leaving for France early. Serfontein could have been a better test 12 than Jean but we will never know.

For a fleeting moment after his brilliant test season at 13 for the Boks I thought JJ looked a great prospect. But that was short lived and I said as much. So to conclude on the strength of that, that I rated him over Fourie for the duration is a pathetic lie

You are just lying Moz and you know it.

Jean was my favourite Bok 12 and that’s a fact - but DA has eclipsed him in my opinion Had Frans stuck around, he too could have proved to be our best 12 ever. But like Serfontein he pissed off early. Olivier was far better than the likes of Barry etc.

Danie Gerber is easily our best 13, with Fourie and Mulder our next best. I liked Joubert and Fleck and I like Am and Jessie Kriel.

Dec 16, 2021, 19:47

Am looks special and DdA looks a more than  good enough place holder till the next super-Bok-12 arrives. 

Dec 17, 2021, 00:37

Nope DA is the best 12 we have had - more valuable than Am, who is great

Dec 17, 2021, 02:58

By quoting you I can hardly be lying….

1. ‘ JJ will go down as a better Bok 13 than Joubert, Mulder, Snyman and Fourie.......mark my words......you just cant beat the speed and step he offers as perfect attributes for an outside centre.’

2.  This before the carthorse Stepfontein had done a thing…’ He is far better than Jean was aged 21........is able to beat his man on the inside and outside and is bloody powerful.......Jean was good but Jan is better ‘

3. Then this when Jean still had 3 years of test rugby ahead of him and was still our best 12 by a mile….’ Get rid of Morne and Jean and move Hougaard back to 9.’

A list of disastrous comments, every one made with swaggering confidence….every one dead wrong including the Hougaard comment. Dave you bandy about the word liar, but the only liar was the guy who made those comments and is now desperately trying to distance himself from his earlier foolish opinions.

You need to Log in to reply.