Worst Rugby Calls made - EVER!

Forum » Rugby » Worst Rugby Calls made - EVER!

Nov 10, 2019, 16:19

An empty canvas for the worst rugby calls ever made to date. 

Ideally, try to reference the exact thread with the specific link as evidence of the blunder. Once all of the nominees have been made, a winner will be decided by democratic agreement. 

Nov 10, 2019, 16:22

What a shit stirrer, I love it. 

Nov 10, 2019, 16:30

The Boks had two chances Slim and None. And Slim left town when Pierre Spies got injured.....circa September 25 2007....posted by Rooinek.

There's your worst call...no need to go further.

Nov 10, 2019, 16:58

Slade is the best center in the world - sometimes in July last year.

Youngs will run circles around Stephanie - just over a week ago,

Du Toit break the line and made a kick gathered by Jantjies - ending up with a De Jager try in the RC test against Australia.    The classic - the kick was worthless - the ball could have bounced differently.

Lets go back 5 years.   The Springboks led in the 2014 Johannesburg test.  Matfield fucked up a Springboks throw-in the line-out and the AB scored and went into the lead.   A few minutes later the Springboks got a penalty about nearly on the 10 meter line in the AB half of the field.  Mozart said it was no pressure kick after Lambie converted the kick.  Only Springboks win over the AB's with Meyer as coach. 

I can add another 20 - but will wait for a response on those four.                

Nov 10, 2019, 17:03

Nov 10, 2019, 17:13

ImmediatelyMuck takes down the tone by lying. You will have to copy and paste Muck, we can't believe a word you say. This is what I wrote about Stephanie andYoungs, after the Welsh try where they exposed Dud's side of the scrum:

The obvious Déjà Vu to avoid

Forum » Rugby » The obvious Déjà Vu to avoid 

Oct 29, 2019, 17:28

....yep you guessed it, Stephanie vs Youngs. The risk clearly outlined in last Sunday's Welsh try, in part enabled by Stephanie's slow break off the scrum. And in the two other breaks round his side of the scrum at minutes 7.40 and 23.10, where Stephanie missed tackles.

Nov 10, 2019, 17:22

Herr Dreck's word is the most bankrupt currency known to man. It hasn't been a good day for Herr Dreck, but he soldiers on. 

He doesn't even perform with the aid of hindsight. Inspector Gemors. :D

Nov 10, 2019, 17:25

The obvious BS - did it happen in the final - dimness? 

And another lie on Du Toit also in evidence.   First he blamed Du Toit for the try.  He persisted with that until it was clear that it was physically impossible to tackle the ball carrier..  Then the twist came about tackling the scrummie.   The Welsh scrum was turned and the Welsh 8 picked up the ball and De Klerk tried to tackle him, but the 8 off-loaded the ball to the scrummie.  So who was between Du Toit and the scrummie - Mozart claimed he should have tackled?   Both the Welsh no 8 and De Klerk.   Impossible for Du Toit to get over or past them in time to tackle the scrummie - another lie exposed.

What about the other three?   

Nov 10, 2019, 17:30

More lies....I never said Dud should tackle the wing....ever. You have to copy and paste Dud, as Augie says  your currency is bankrupt.

Nov 10, 2019, 17:30

Plenty of swooning over Tim Swiel "the Ball Sense Wiz Kid" rated as a better flyhalf than Pollard in this thread.

Nov 10, 2019, 17:38

No you said afterwards that he should have tackled the scrummie - which turned out to be a distortion as well.  Better stop lying - best adice I can offer you.     

Nov 10, 2019, 17:40

That was in 2013 dimwit Pakie.  I said we should watch how he develops over the forthcoming years and he did not.   Never said he was a Springbok selection certainty at all.   

Nov 10, 2019, 17:47

Paste what I said Muck.

Nov 10, 2019, 18:01

As a dog returns to its own vomit, so too Dreck returns to his foul pool of lies and there drinks to a stupor. 

Nov 10, 2019, 18:24

That was in 2013 dimwit Pakie.

Er yes. The subject says worst rugby calls made EVER. Not since 2014.

Nov 10, 2019, 18:57

If everybody is forbidden to look at and remark on potential future players - this forum should close down.   

Nov 10, 2019, 18:59

AO

I may be wrong at times and apologize afterwards - but I do not lie and distort that is common obn site by you and Mozart

Nov 10, 2019, 19:03

There you go again Dreck, shifting around. Who said anything about forbidding predictions. The thread is merely bringing together the worst of those predictions. I'm sorry that all your skeletons are gathered together at the elegy of your integrity, but it is a tad funny. :D

All those thousands of times you have told other members how stupid they are, it's coming back to bite you. What is it about those members who tell everyone how stupid they are and perpetual failure? :silly:

Nov 10, 2019, 19:10

If everybody is forbidden to look at and remark on potential future players - this forum should close down. 

I think this is supposed to be a bit of fun, Mike. Everybody makes wrong calls. I rated Luke Watson a better prospect than Schalk at one time. Learn to laugh at yourself every now and then, makes life much easier to stomach.

Nov 10, 2019, 19:36

Well, here is an actual link together with a copy and paste from that link . . . unlike some of the nominations on here which are unsupported and their authenticity is questionable . . .

"Is Kolbe really going to work out as a test wing? I doubt it."

LMAO!

What makes that one an even stronger candidate is the person saying it later claiming that he was the "lead supporter" of Cheslin Kolbe on this board.

PS Not sure if that is a better candidate than the enormous volumes of ignorant rubbish posted on here by the loud-mouthed and egg-faced bashers of 2 time SA Player of the Pear and recent World Rugby Player of the Year, Pieter-Steph du Toit.

Nov 10, 2019, 21:41

Yes.....also on that string there was this:

Nov 15, 2018, 21:08

Thanks Xavi. Well if Jaco Kriel is playing and he's still regarded as suplus to requirements behind Francois Louw then Rassie's credibilty is dropping at an alarming rate.

Nov 10, 2019, 22:31

Real clangers relate to our two IRB rugby players of the year. 

Poor rooibozo like that very confused gentleman Pakster preferred Luke Watson to Schalk Burger. An amazing blunder.

Then we had the Trio disparaging Rassie, Du Toit, Allende and Malherbe!  

Meanwhile Pakster made some vacuous comment to the effect how stupid Beeno is.

Amazing how Beeno gets it right so often but Pakster show he has no clue whatsoever! Bwhahahahahahaha.:D

Pakster you are being mislead by Organhuffer who has taken leave of his senses. 

Dr Moz had a poor RWC but there are signs of a return to form. Alas no such luck with Organhuffer who stumbles on regardless of the facts. :'(

Still laugh at Organhuffer say in ng Allende has poor upper body strength. Hahahahaha. 

To much analysis and an overheated imagination could be the cause of the  Huffer's weird comments. We wish him a speedy recovery along with the hapless Pakster. 

Nov 10, 2019, 23:02

It's rather simple, show me this strong upper body strength. You will never see a successful Damian carry without the leg drive and lowering of upper body to barrel or push through the tackler. He especially targets weak shoulders, usually taking on the outside shoulder of the defender. When confronted with physicality he is blown away. I have been asking for six years for evidence of these supposed qualities in Damian's game and all I receive are insults or dulled expressions. Six years and nada. 

(I endorsed Malherbe last season, but noted his poor play this year. He gained form later in the tournament. He was exceptionally slow around the field against New Zealand)

Nov 11, 2019, 07:02

Indeed, you seldom step out of the shadow of popular opinion, Beeno :angel: Well wishes received with thanks, even though mental health is remarkably steady at this time.

Nov 11, 2019, 09:44

Pakster having got it so wrong about Luke Watson and Steph Du Toit may I suggest to recognize your limitations Bwahahahahaha

Please pay closer attention to your betters. 

Organhuffer the universal acclaim of Allende's efforts should by now have come to your attention..

You are living in the Trio Bubble and now can only admit you got it hopelessly wrong. Whereas Mike got it right.

Get well soon! 

Nov 11, 2019, 09:56

That idiot AO - keep up a myth he developed  about weak upper body strength of De Allende.   He has zero grounds for that assertion and is as clueless as they come about rugby anyway.   Lunacy  does not equate to reality.   It probably equates to the most stupid comment ever on this site.  

Nov 11, 2019, 10:17

This is what happens when you live in a bubble the little echo chamber of the Trio - or can one add cerudunce to make it a quartet!

Ou cerudunce doesn't know the difference between a team and a pack of forwards!!! :D

Nov 11, 2019, 10:25

Beeno - indeed when they live in a bubble, but AO for one should be in a rugby lunacy asylum and guarded carefully/  LMAO 

Nov 11, 2019, 11:57

Well it's reaching padded cell proportions Mike but being decent people we wish them a speedy recovery. :D

I can't recall a bigger set of blunders on a rugby website. We were lectured endlessly on these issues. Stats, diagrams, videos etc etc all to make shambolic cases that crashed and burned. 

The really interesting question is why did such smart people get it wrong. I have offered living in a bubble and group think as a possibility but could it be something else?

Nov 11, 2019, 12:53

Beeno

It is entirely built on PREJUDICE which developed over a five year period and got sicker as it grew.  It started off because the younger players posed a selection threat to their "golden oldies" and develop into a mania.  

The norm was to look at games for hours trying to find mistakes made by the players they were prejudiced against,   If they found zero evidence they manufactured stories about games, which often enough was based on make-believe possibilities and in some cases very real lies.

Fact is they disliked Erasmus from the word go and tried to besmirch his name and career as a coach,  AO is the real idiot in this case.  They were all Meyer supporters and to a lesser extent Jake White supporters - who could not stand Erasmus as coach.   What they feared happened and now it turns into a fictional comparison on how under White and Meyer  the team was magnificently coached and performed much better than under Erasmus.   The problem is that in their calculations on stats they leave out critical info that totally negates their ramblings,

All that one can hope for is that their childish conduct will change for the better.   .  .       

Nov 11, 2019, 15:02

"They were all Meyer supporters and to a lesser extent Jake White supporters"

I rate Jake higher than Meyer. Shows what you know. Most of my "favourite" coaches are Australian. You couldn't even get that right.

Here's the truth. Right from the second Rassie was appointed it was about Meyer. You don't even talk as much about Rassie's predecessor. You continually compare Rassie to seasons seven years old. You lose these exchanges because you lie. You lie because you are emotionally attached to the anti-Meyer who just so happens to be the anti-Lügnerin. It couldn't be any funnier.

Here's a little bit of homework for you. Tell me what the Stormers attack record is for the years 2008 to 2017. Then compare them to the Boks. If you can accomplish that, I won't hold my breath, you'll have learned something very valuable that will diminish your shame. 

Be careful not to lie. I already have all the data for Super rugby going back to 2006. I've already assessed this progressively each season. You will be exposed. 

Nov 11, 2019, 15:37

Hell  - but you are a total idiot.  In the period you refer to Erasmus was the coach for  less than three years - he then left the coaching to Coetzee and as from 2012 he had zero relationship with the Stormers at all.   Up to the time Erasmus was involved in coaching at the WP the team was competitive.   However, as expected Coetzee failed as coach and his main problem was backline coaching incompetence.

So what has your question about the Stormers lack of tries to do with Erasmus dimness? 

The attack on Erasmus started on the day he was appointed by Mozart and you and it is obvious that the praise of Meyer on your part was endless,   It was therefore really interesting to compare Erasmus with what Meyer achieved as a coach,   

It is also needed to look at the other WC winning coach (White)  and see where there were pro's and con's.  There has been much written about White as coach and I even have his book on my bookshelf and was very upset that his contract was not renewed in 2007..   Although I think White was a good coach  - he was by no means the ideal coach for an international team.  He no doubt had HR problems and in some ways he had problems with strategy as outlined above.

I am not anti-anybody.  I got totally disillusioned by Meyer by 2013 and see how the team coached by him  was stagnating and even going downhill.   By November 2014 the bottom fell out.   A nice person - but a total loss as a coach I am afraid           

If you have problems with Erasmus - how did he get the Top 12  Coach of the Year Award in 2017 - while he was coaching Munster?   He passed with flying colours during the time he was at Munster Rugby.    

Nov 11, 2019, 17:13

'The attack on Erasmus started on the day he was appointed by Mozart and you' 

Damn did I appoint that man to run the Stormers. Shame on me, we have never been competitive ever since.

Nov 11, 2019, 17:56

Image result for smiley laugh gif

Nov 11, 2019, 18:13

No Mozart

Your wits has taken a downturn to a level of a farce ad the idiot AO cry over it.   Idiot Speak is a language you and him developed to a fine art. 

Jan 01, 2020, 23:34

Aug 13, 2013, 10:12

If Coetzee cannot see that Kolbe is out-and-out a Sevens player and not suited to play 15 man-rugby - he must be more nuts than he was considered to be previously. However, by now we know the Coetzee norm - the smaller the better. Unfortunately that does not work out and Kolbe will be a non-factor at WP.

Jan 01, 2020, 23:41

clevermike on Ruckers Forum

clevermike  

Hall Of Fame

The Ooms real ranking of Pollard

I think he is not as good as a ball player.    I think he is more like Morne Steyn in most of the games I saw him play in.   

Jan 01, 2020, 23:44

Apr 30, 2017, 19:58

"Etzebeth is not a flanker, never will be,.... and is too late to change kolbe to the scrummie position,.... scrummie is the most specific position in rugby,.... you need to play there since young to learn the game,..."

Exactly right. Eben Etzebeth is too ungainly and lacking in pace and ball skills to ever be considered as a loose forward while if Cheslin Kolbe ever wanted to be an international scrumhalf then he should have made the switch many years ago.

Pieter Steph can perform a dual role as a loose forward at a push because he has good pace and ball skills but he's first and foremost a lock. Either of the Du Preez twins or Philip van der Walt or even Oupa Mohoje is a better option for a big strong loose forward rather than Pieter-Steph. The idea of donkey Etzebeth as a loosie is just plain laughable!

Jan 01, 2020, 23:48

May 17, 2019, 18:36

No - I ma one of the few people on site who are really objective.     

Jan 02, 2020, 00:29

Always am and always was,   I have no favourites and no pet hates,  I look at a player and his performances in tests,   I may started questioning player performances after two or three tests and by the time that a player had give or six games I would have seen the general trend of a player,

I do not try for hours  to find deficiencies in players through nitpicking and if there is nothing found - just dream up an incident and publish it on site - whether true or false does not matter

I defend players under constant attack by some members especially when the attacks have nothing to do with reality,       

Jan 02, 2020, 00:30

JJ is the best centre since Gerber!!

Jan 02, 2020, 00:51

Hahaha....geez Dave you're developing a sense of humour.

Jan 02, 2020, 00:59

The recovered JJ X-files.

RE: The halftime try was a turning point in the game
October 09, 2013, 22:15:39

JJ and Jean were our best backs by some distance on Sat, JJ had an outstanding game with ball in hand and put to bed all that crap about him not beating defenders against top opposition.......he beat 4 in one game against the Kiwi's........as Sas said, a Kiwi, JJ was awesome and said he was even better than Jean......I have to agree with that.......that beating of Savea and putting Willie away was the best bit of centre play I have seen in ages.

Thankfully those in the know will see the merit in his display on Sat, in fact I dont even know why we are debating JJ's form.......its a [removed]ing joke, the guy was outstanding and any negative thrown his way will be laughed off in future on the strength of his performance against the AB's.......there will be no more questions about his ability to beat defenders, being predictable, not being able to beat his man on the outside........he only needed one game to put to bed all those questions. JJ will be the Bok 13 for years to come and thankfully so.......he will go down as the best since Gerber.......he has far more clout than Joubert, Fleck, Mulder, Snyman and Fourie

Jan 02, 2020, 01:20

Posted by: clevermike (39553 posts)

Nov 10, 2019, 18:59

AO

I may be wrong at times and apologize afterwards - but I do not lie and distort that is common obn site by you and Mozart

Is Stade Francais trying to get rid of Morne Steyn

May 15, 2014, 15:31

A report and photo showed him together with the Paris St Germain Rugby Club and he himself posted the photo.   Could be - because he was a serious and very expensive flop for Stade Francais.

As I understand it both Stade Francais and Paris st Germain at one stage  belonged to the same owner - and the article on the issue quoted them as sister clubs.  

However, Paris St Germain is not a Top 14 club and it seems that they are a second level club with no representation in the French international team.  

If this arrangement proceeds I believe it would be a massive comedown for Steyn - a second level club in France and he is he to be considered for the Springbok team?   That would be a disgrace and I hope it does not happen.     

Feb 18, 2020, 00:15

To the Rassie Naysayers...

Boks bag top Laureus award- The award keep rolling into 2020...

The Boks celebrate

You need to Log in to reply.