Fucking hell we won

Forum » Cricket » Fucking hell we won

Jan 06, 2022, 19:50

Good on the lads for a change - bit of fight left in the old dog yet

Jan 06, 2022, 20:47

Much maligned Elgar was my MOM. His second innings near 100 was one of the few really gutsy innings played by a Protea in recent history. Good performances by Rabada, Dussen, Peterson, Bavuma and Jansen. 

I’m guessing though that Elgar’s comment about giving Rabada a rocket is going to cause a bit of a flap.

Jan 06, 2022, 20:56

Elgar is a fighter and credit to the man he has had a very good series thus far. Problem is he fails more than he performs but at least he did it when it counted now

All the bats looked good in that second innings

I missed the Rabada and the rocket by Elgar

Jan 06, 2022, 21:39

It was a comment Elgar made when asked about Ramada’s improved bowling in the second innings…he said sometimes  with Rabada you need to give him a bit of a rocket….I’m sure some will see that as non pc.

Jan 06, 2022, 22:51

Ya that comment could have been timed better or just left in the changing room.

Jan 06, 2022, 22:59

No miracles they just played sensible, good old fashioned cricket for a change.

But a victory nevertheless could change our diminishing interest in this great sport for a change...no false delusion we are still far off from the days of Hansie, Bob , Alan Donald, Jonty, Gibbs and the boys. I once loved cricket more than rugby but seldom bother these days because of lacklustre 11 men.

Jan 07, 2022, 02:59

Well done, a win is a win and they needed the win, lI'll enjoy but won't get carried away, the Protea batting woes need to be addressed on a permanent basis and there's much to be done for that to happen. For a start young prospects like Janneman Malan and Ryan Rickleton need to be given opportunity.

Jan 07, 2022, 08:23

So glad to have been proven wrong when I expected a loss

However, I will not expect too much from this team yet, going forward.... I am just not convinced yet that we will even remotely compete with better teams, like the visiting Aussies

Jan 07, 2022, 08:37

An added problem is when the team wins as they have then CSA and the clowns who make the selections think they're heading in the right direction. In the meantime the finest young prospects are hung out in despair.

Jan 07, 2022, 08:56

Agreed Denny.... and all they are doing it painting over the cracks

Jan 07, 2022, 09:08

"......and all they are doing it painting over the cracks"

Not convinced that is the case, it's just racist, vrot and disgusting.....to the ANC and CSA it's normal. POC's are selected not because they're on a par with a white player, they're selected to meet the mandated quota number.

It's a hard pill to swallow but everytime we will and cheer the team on we're rubber stamping their policy of racist selections.

You need to Log in to reply.