FIXTURESNo upcoming fixtures — check back soon.
FORUM / RUGBY /  A warning that SABC might not

A warning that SABC might not

Started by Beeno12 REPLIES270 VIEWS· 13 Jun 2012, 15:46
SHAREXFACEBOOKWHATSAPPTELEGRAMREDDITLINKEDIN
BE
Beeno1Captain40,032 posts
13 Jun 2012, 15:46
#1
13 Jun 2012, 15:46#1

be showing the Boks tests on Saturday

Ex Sport 24

  Johannesburg - Rugby fans without DStv could miss out on the opportunity to watch the Test match between South Africa and England this coming weekend, according to a report on Wednesday.

The SABC said, according to SuperSport, that it was not interested in buying the broadcasting rights for the first match in the series, which was played last Saturday in Durban, even when the broadcaster was offered the rights at half price.

However, SABC spokesperson Kaizer Kganyago told Beeld that the SABC and SuperSport could not reach an agreement, and it was for that reason that the first Test was not broadcast.

SuperSport owns the rights to broadcast all Springbok matches, but may also sell the rights to the SABC, on condition that the corporation does not do live broadcasts of matches.

SuperSport had a five year contract with the SABC, which expired in 2010, and has not been renewed, according to SuperSport spokesperson Clinton van der Berg.

Since 2010, SuperSport has sold the broadcasting rights to the SABC on a per match basis.

Kganyago said the SABC had been dissatisfied with certain clauses pertaining to advertising and time constraints.

Van den Berg said that no agreement had been reached concerning the forthcoming Test match at Coca-Cola Park in Johannesburg on Saturday. Kick-off is at 17:00.
You have been warned.
LU
lunaticClub Pro305 posts
13 Jun 2012, 17:38
#2
13 Jun 2012, 17:38#2

 The stupid fools are not interested - like almost everything else they want this for nothing as well.  Supersport paid millions for the rights where do these peanuts come from...Oh, sorry I know..

 

The Stupid And Boring Company have squandered the monies they are supposed to have saved for just such a happening.  Why is it always someone else that is to blame when it comes to the Government and its siblings..

 

I bet ya, if it was soccer they would have made a plan..

CL
clevermikeCoach57,555 posts
14 Jun 2012, 02:29
#3
14 Jun 2012, 02:29#3

Who watches SABC programs anyway?   They collect money from people who never use their services and I can honestly say I have not watched SABC ever over the past decade.   Not surprised about this issue in any event.

— END OF THREAD —

More from Rugby

More news