Eben Etzebeth accused of assault and racial slurs . . .

Forum » Rugby » Eben Etzebeth accused of assault and racial slurs . . .

Aug 26, 2019, 09:28

Eben Etzebeth is denying accusations that he was involved in an incident in Langebaan where at least two people were assaulted and racially abused.

Here is the article where allegations are made against Eben, his brother Ryen and some of their friends. The woman making the accusations is claiming that her friend was beaten up, had a gun pointed at him and was racially abused . . . 

"She also accused them of pointing a gun, swearing at them their “ma se p**s”, and asking them, “Hotnots, wat soek julle nog op die straat?” "

A second man was allegedly also beaten up when he tried to break up the fight. 

Etzebeth has taken to Facebook to deny the accusations, saying . . . 

"It is completely untrue and unfounded to claim that I physically or racially abused anyone in Langebaan as has been reported on social media. Multiple witnesses can corroborate that.

I am and will always strive to be a true ambassador to this beautiful rainbow nation and the sport that I love."

Police are investigating.

Aug 26, 2019, 09:40

Let me put it out there from the outset...

There is no way that Eben Etzebeth said this...

"It is completely untrue and unfounded to claim that I physically or racially abused anyone in Langebaan as has been reported on social media. Multiple witnesses can corroborate that.

I am and will always strive to be a true ambassador to this beautiful rainbow nation and the sport that I love."

The oke can't string 3 words together in English, let alone a press statement.

Thumbs up to his publicist for getting Eben to copy / paste correctly.

Aug 26, 2019, 09:41

Rooipoo would you mind keeping your anti Eben posts off Ruckers. We know the guy terrifies you! We know you like dainty little locks like matfield etc. Unfortunately Rugby is a man's sport and not for "fellows" in their pink tights etc.

Go Eben lets win the World Cup again.

Aug 26, 2019, 09:45

Beeno, more importantly whats your take on the racism allegation?

Aug 26, 2019, 09:55

He's got 'racist' inscribed all over him. It's the genes, the marrow, the neurological substructures. Can't you see it? But then how could you eh? 

Aug 26, 2019, 09:55

oh gosh. look who's back.

The orange peeler!

Aug 26, 2019, 09:57

Ndabaningi sounds like a grumpy saffa sitting in New Zealand.

Aug 26, 2019, 09:59

We need to rid the glorious NSA of this type of thing. Out with him I say.

Aug 26, 2019, 10:07

Some of the oks here probably haven't heard Eben's talks to the press after the match. Very articulate and thoughtful. No wonder he is a significant leader.

Oaks we certainly are not dealing with a Retadlick kind of guy here.

No one very seriously doubts there is any truth in all this.

Aug 26, 2019, 10:11

"No one very seriously doubts there is any truth in all this."

Ummm . . . so you're saying everyone believes there is truth in this?

LMAO!

Just how stupid is Baboon-ou?

Aug 26, 2019, 10:47

Yes a bit clumsy. How about  very few will think there is any truth in these nasty allegations.

Ou rooibozo hopes somehow that Eben will be prevented from going to the RWC, being the nz STOOGE he is.:D

Aug 26, 2019, 10:51

Why are we in a trap where anybody makes claims on social media and it is then regarded as gospel?   Let this be investigated properly and then  reported on before we make any deductions.       

Aug 26, 2019, 11:01

'Why are we in a trap where anybody makes claims on social media and it is then regarded as gospel?   Let this be investigated properly and then  reported on before we make any deductions.'    

But Mike, Why do you hold the rest of us to a higher standard than you hold yourself?

Aug 26, 2019, 11:32

Its funny isn't it when Mo'unga and Bridge had lies laid against them Beeno was leading the stampede to condemn them. Now its his golden boy idol it is the complete opposite stance.

Personally I am waiting for the fact before putting the boot in ( if it proves true that is) 

Aug 26, 2019, 11:49

"We need to rid the glorious NSA of this type of thing."

Would that "thing" be corruption? The plundering of state coffers? Poor service delivery? Incompetence? Crime? Poverty?

or is it the obsession with petty racism?

Aug 26, 2019, 12:12

The problem is you can’t believe everything you read on social media.

Aug 26, 2019, 12:54

Still there,  Ndabaningi?

Aug 26, 2019, 13:05

Sadly, most of the time, f there is smoke, there is fire. I really hope there is nothing to this.

Aug 26, 2019, 13:08

I'd wait and see but that said it's not exactly something that will burn out a train.

Aug 26, 2019, 13:49

Good man Crusadertwit let's see what happens. 

The Cloudster says something resembling a sane comment at last!

Draad ask yourself would Eben do a thing like this. Very unlikely. 

Aug 26, 2019, 16:13

This has a Ben Stokes flavour to it....but crucially that incident was confirmed by video. It sounds like there are conflicting accounts of what happened......but why the bloo blazes is Eben in a bar at 3.00 in the morning. That sounds like a recipe for disaster.

Aug 26, 2019, 16:18

Did you see a clock? 

Aug 26, 2019, 16:44

I wasn't there HasBeen....I'm reacting to the time of the first tweet.

Aug 26, 2019, 16:46

Of course you would never think to say anything resembling sane if it was a kiwi now would you Beeno?

Aug 26, 2019, 17:24

Springbok lock Eben Etzebeth and around "12-15" people arrived at popular Langebaan watering hole 'Die Watergat' at around 23:00 on Saturday night, says pub owner Riaan Reeders.

An incident inside the bar then took place at around midnight, which saw one man involved in a scuffle in the upstairs section of the bar with certain members of Etzebeth's party.

That incident, Reeders says, has resulted in the man who was removed from the premises opening a police case against members of the group.

Reeders says that Etzebeth and his friends then left the pub at around 02:00 on Sunday morning and were then involved in another incident that took place in the streets.

"At around 02:00 Eben and his friends left, and then there was a group of people at the centre across the road from us," Reeders told Sport24 on Monday morning.

"Something happened there … I'm not sure what happened with the fighting, or whatever, with the Etzebeths. I wasn't there and I can't tell you what happened."

Reeders said he recognised some of the people accompanying Etzebeth.

"It was Eben, his brother Ryen, his cousin Emile and the other people I didn't know. They weren't local people," said Reeders.

"There were about 12-15 of them, but the wives and girlfriends were with them. Eben's girlfriend was there and Ryen's wife was there."

Reeders says the incident that happened in his bar was resolved quickly, and that in his mind it had nothing to do with what happened in the street afterwards.

"It wasn't a related incident. It was just a guy ... it happened upstairs and we took him out," he said.

"I don't know if there was charges laid there from that group (the incident in the street). I suppose there will be, because the one man was hurt quite badly."

Reeders said he had examined the CCTV footage from the incident inside his bar, and that Etzebeth had not been involved in the scuffle.

"Eben and his brother were not involved in that," he said.

"I looked at the footage yesterday morning and they were sitting at the table with the women or whatever … they weren't part of it."

This comes after media reports on Monday placed Etzebeth at the centre of the incident that took place in the street and moved the 27-year-old star lock to publicly defend himself.

"It is completely untrue and unfounded to claim that I physically or racially abused anyone in Langebaan as has been reported on social media. Multiple witnesses can corroborate that," Etzebeth stated.

"I am and will always strive to be a true ambassador to this beautiful rainbow nation and the sport that I love."

Etzebeth, who has 78 Tests to his name, is expected to be named in Rassie Erasmus' 31-man World Cup squad on Monday at 15:00.

The Boks play New Zealand in Yokohama in their tournament opener on Saturday, September 21.

Aug 26, 2019, 18:24

Well there you have it from the pub owner.

However be careful who you have as friends or associates because you will always be labelled with them.

Obviously none of us have any right to judge as the herd tend to do...what is clear is this:

Be careful if you are a celebrity, very cautious because you are targets of jealous and sick people...people that get highs by bringing you down. Hearsayers and reporters are trouble makers.

Aug 26, 2019, 19:30

A carefully parsed Rassie statement, designed to be discarded if necessary:

After announcing his squad, Erasmus dismissed the Etzebeth reports as just "a rumour" at this stage.

"I was definitely worried about it when I heard about it, of course," he said.

"If there was any truth in it, it would have been a massive issue for us.

"After speaking to Eben and hearing his side of the story, there is obviously trust between a coach and a player.

"I must trust him to do some stuff on the field for me and win Test matches for us, and he must trust me to believe him when he tells me something.

"I'm pretty comfortable with what he's told me and obviously you can't just believe what someone else says on social media.

"I'm confident that that's not the truth what was said on social media and if anything like that happens and it is the truth, then somebody like that would not be part of our team and would not go to the World Cup.

"Until something like that gets proven, it's just a rumour in my opinion."

A simple "I have full confidence Eben" would have sufficed...not a 'he has my confidence until he is shown to be lying'.

Aug 26, 2019, 20:51

Did Erasmus say 'he has my confidence until he is shown to be lying'.  Did not ind that in the article as quoted,  Please tell me how you came to that conclusion.

Aug 26, 2019, 20:51

Did Erasmus say 'he has my confidence until he is shown to be lying'.  Did not ind that in the article as quoted,  Please tell me how you came to that conclusion.

Aug 26, 2019, 21:31

Yes indeed Seb, like the jealous twits who went after Eben without knowing the facts

The poor kbbs disappear under a mountain of EGG together with their STOOGE rooibozo.

Man have I just posted a few beauts on Beeno's Trumpet for rooibozo's enlightenment. :)

Aug 26, 2019, 21:40

Peeper's headline showcased the accusation.....nothing about the denial. It could for example have read: 'Etzebeth denies accusations'.

But we all know his Peeper's heart.

Aug 26, 2019, 21:46

Moz the Peeper is having a calamitous time! Every smear backfires on the Chump!:'(

Aug 26, 2019, 23:06

This thread sums up the heart and soul of the plastics.

Aug 26, 2019, 23:21

As my beloved ouma often said, 'nothing good happens after midnight'

Aug 26, 2019, 23:36

Guilty as charged...
Legosi

:devil:

Aug 27, 2019, 00:02

Your ouma was a smart woman Blob.

Aug 27, 2019, 02:34

Now let's sit back in anticipation of Dawie's squad, it's always been different and better Hehehe

Aug 27, 2019, 02:44

My dad used to tell us that too blobbok

Aug 27, 2019, 15:58

The Cape only kicks-off at midnight.,get to the summer months and midnight is early.

That oke must be pretty high to pick on Etzebeth & co.His uncles used to  bouncer part-time in pubs of their suburbs and  one got a wrestling Gold Medal in Switzerland too.

Aug 27, 2019, 16:02

Probably Cape Crusaders stirring a bit.

Aug 27, 2019, 18:49

...Bean Brain  lets hope the racist comments from dopey senior Springbok players doesnt effect team harmony too badly ahead of their game against the Mighty All Blacks.....not to mention the Springbok drug scandals - Dyanti to recieve four months suspension they are predicting.....worth rememebering folks that not all Springbok players are MONGS...:silly:...try to keep the embarrassing scandals to a minumum will you Bean Brain ., difficult how it may be.. 

Aug 27, 2019, 19:16

NZ's version of Suzie's revenge, I smell here...methinks...all too convenient...Brycie, have you been to The Republic of late...or do you have any connections here?:D

Aug 27, 2019, 20:33

And then there's this:

Cape Town - Springbok lock Eben Etzebeth says police assured him he will not be implicated in an assault case following an altercation outside a popular Langebaan watering hole over the weekend.

The burly lock was included in South Africa's Rugby World Cup squad on Monday and told Netwerk24 that he had spoken to police regarding the incident.

"They said everything is fine. Now I can just focus on the World Cup," Etzebeth said.

Aug 27, 2019, 21:10

Interesting how people calling the SA  media fake news are the first ones to quote them......

Aug 27, 2019, 22:10

Actually dumbass.....I'm quoting Eben Etzebeth, who is quoting the police. You do know what quotation marks mean.....dontcha?

Aug 27, 2019, 22:29

...funny looks like some dopey yarpy has copied word for word this SA media Sport 24 article...

Cape Town - Springbok lock Eben Etzebeth says police assured him he will not be implicated in an assault case following an altercation outside a popular Langebaan watering hole over the weekend.

The burly lock was included in South Africa's Rugby World Cup squad on Monday and told Netwerk24 that he had spoken to police regarding the incident.

"They said everything is fine. Now I can just focus on the World Cup," Etzebeth said.

https://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/Springboks/etzebeth-police-say-im-fine-20190827

Aug 28, 2019, 01:45

When I copy articles, I usually do it word for word moron.

Aug 28, 2019, 03:33

...still too stupid to see yr still quoting the SA media you were telling us was fake...

Aug 28, 2019, 04:56

'Srill' indeed. Even the Fake Media that you so admire wouldn't misquote the police. Man you are naive!

Aug 28, 2019, 08:20

It's simple Brycy. 

When it's even slightly critical of players that Moffie likes or if it's in any way complimentary of players that Moffie hates then it's "Fake News". 

When it supports any of Moffie's silly and naive views on rugby - which doesn't happen that often given that Moffie is a rugby noob who never played a minute of rugby in his life - then it can be quoted with confidence.

Just to simplify, Moffie's definition of "Fake News" is very similar to the rules that Bozo and his Trumpanzees apply to news regarding Bozo . . . if it's complimentary then it can be taken as the gospel truth, if it's in any way critical then it's "Fake News".

Aug 28, 2019, 15:06

Now you see.....that's lie. I played rugby at school and briefly for Villagers U19 before I dislocated a shoulder, and was told I should have surgery if I wanted to continue playing. I was quite happy surfing and golfing.

Now how does it feel to be outed again.

The truth is you rushed to put out a lurid headline, and while you noted Etzebeth's denial...you ended with the ominous 'police are investigating'. Nowhere do you express any hope, as a fan, that it wasn't true. This is just a softer version of your Geo Cronje debacle.

You really don't like Eben, mostly I'm guessing because he is a tough guy from the Cape. How any old bugger can still hate a place so much is puzzling, but you clearly have lots of scar tissue.

Aug 28, 2019, 15:39

"The truth  trumped up, incorrect, biased and childish way of looking a this is you rushed to put out a lurid headline . . ."

Fixed.

Nothing lurid at all about the headline, just the facts. The very first line of the actual post makes it clear that Etzebeth is denying the allegations. The very last line of the post says that the incident is still under investigation. Nothing in between is an opinion or a judgement of my own.

You calling someone else a liar is like Baboon-ou calling someone else a coward . . . or Bozo calling someone else stupid.

Oh and by the way, I love Cape Town. I lived there as a child and I spend lots of time there visiting family. Not sure what makes you think otherwise but I'll assume it's just more lies from a repulsive stinking liar.

Aug 28, 2019, 21:37

We all know why you rushed to get this out Peeper, no need to continue lying....you have always hated Etzebeth. As for this newly professed love of CT, that's quite a surprise given your negative attitude about CT sports teams and fans. But be assured the love wont be reciprocated. People from the Cape generally aren't impressed by nasty bullies.

Aug 29, 2019, 09:20

To any Kiwis on the forum: Will y'all be doing the kingkong thing again prior to every fckn game?

Aug 29, 2019, 09:57

Whatever gets under your skin......

Aug 29, 2019, 10:22

I must say it does. The naivete of it all is what irritates. Intimidatory face-pulling by (supposedly) mature males is such a prepubescent thing to do. How come it hasn't been culturally outgrown yet? I don't see the black caps doing the mighty quadrupedal hands-on-hips tongue-thrust rolling-ocular thing. Why the inconsistency?

Aug 29, 2019, 10:37

Image may contain: shoes and text

Aug 29, 2019, 10:37

Here is an update on the Etzebeth saga . . . for the benefit of Moffie and the sickening coward and stinking liar Baboon-ou who read Etzebeth's claim that the police had cleared him and immediately started shrieking about Fake News and egg . . .

"Niemand is nog deur die polisie “vrygespreek” in verband met die beweerde rassistiese voorval waarin ’n man na bewering deur die Springbok-rugbyspeler Eben Etzebeth aangerand is nie omdat die ondersoek na beweerde aanranding met die opset om ernstig te beseer, voortduur."

Dit is gisteraand deur kapt. Frederick van Wyk, polisiewoordvoerder bevestig.

For the benefit of posters who don't understand Afrikaans, police spokesman captain Frederick van Wyk is saying that no-one has been acquitted with regards to the alleged racist attack in which a man was assaulted by Springbok rugby player Eben Etzebeth because the investigation into alleged assault with intent to cause serious injury continues.

This contradicts Etzebeth's earlier claim that the police said "everything is fine" and the implication that he's been cleared. 

Now before the stupid people start screeching about how much I hate Etzebeth, don't shoot the messenger. I have yet to give a single opinion or comment of my own regarding this incident and I have just presented the facts. Personally I think this would be a disaster for the Springboks RWC preparation and I sincerely hope Etzebeth is innocent as he claims and he can get on with the task of helping us win the RWC.

But facts are facts and it would appear that Etzebeth was either lying or he misunderstood something when he said this was all done and dusted.

Aug 29, 2019, 11:18

For some reason the other teams are supposed to respectfully accommodate the barbaric message that they're about to be ceremonially cannibalized and then shat out in a sort of grand finale. We civilized westerners clap or salute. We do not find communal defecation to be a suitable way of celebrating victory.

Aug 29, 2019, 11:35

Like I said on another thread, Itsabutt can bang on that the cops have cleared him, but until the cops corroborate his version, it's not worth anything. Hasbeeno, nothing seems to be going right for you. I see the drug swilling Sharapova was whipped in the US Open so the downward spiral continues for you old chap.....

Aug 29, 2019, 15:58

Or the police chief told Eben he was in the clear, but when Eben made that public, the Chief was told that he had to pay lip service to due process.

There we go Peeper. I knew you would be scouring the media for any signs of Etzebeth being culpable.....but do try to read between the lines old chap.

Aug 29, 2019, 20:56

"But facts are facts and it would appear that Etzebeth was either lying or he misunderstood something when he said this was all done and dusted."

Nope, not enough known at this stage to conclude that...what is worrying though, is that there were 2 additional complaints regarding similar incidents at the yachting club much earlier in the day...and with such a big group of laaities on an apparent booze cruise, there is bound to be trouble...Eben should have known better....this is far from over...very foolish. 

Aug 30, 2019, 04:43

I am pleased Eben has been cleared.

I know I don't support South African Rugby at all.

But I do think this guy is a wonderful player - Tough as they come.

Aug 30, 2019, 05:31

It isn't over till it's over. This is now in the political arena and unpredictable. It appears somebody was beaten up, and harsh words were exchanged.....the police chief's view may be overturned.

I very much doubt that Etzebeth or his group would bother with the fellow involved. But they could have responded to bar room provocation.

I hope they set the hearing for December.

Aug 30, 2019, 05:51

"I very much doubt that Etzebeth or his group would bother with the fellow involved. But they could have responded to bar room provocation.

I hope they set the hearing for December."

That's what's worrying me. I've seen  the antics of some Cape Crusaders first hand -they really hate the Boks and WP. They spit on players getting off the bus at Newlands. I've seen some of the transcripts of some of the recordings going around. Harsh language were used. They were baited to the extreme. Someone snapped. I hope it wasn't Eben. This thing can get very ugly.

Aug 30, 2019, 07:23

Wehe . . . "Eben is in the clear" shrieked Baboon-ou and Moffie, "we read that Eben said the police had cleared him so you're all swallowing the Fake News. Game set and match! We're so clever and you're all so gullible! Stick with Moz! Beeno helping the oaks out again!"

Pffffffffffhahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Guess who swallowed the Fake News?

LMAO!

Aug 30, 2019, 13:04

We better hope Eben is cleared for the WC as the utterly useless Marvin Orie is next in line for a call up

Aug 30, 2019, 13:48

Poor ou rooibozo was trying to pretend that he wasn't smearing Eben. He got into a self-righteous rage with quivering lip and toys out cott routine. But under pressure hear he has shown his true colours. BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA THE CLOWN CAN'T HELP HIMSELF. He hates WP and he hates Eben! 

Game set and match again!!!

rooibozo will be in tears when Eben boards the plane to Japan. HAHAHAHAHA

Aug 30, 2019, 15:22

Try to follow the bouncing ball Peeper.....I simply quoted Etzebeth. I have never expressed an opinion on what would actually happen in the banana republic courts. But unlike you, I clearly support Etzebeth. And what he heard from the Head of Police, even if that official is now walking it back, is enough to convince me that there is nothing here he should be banned for.

Stick with moz.....not spiteful, old Stormers haters.

Aug 30, 2019, 22:34

Hasbeeno, I certainly hope the Boks’ RWC campaign isn’t in tatters already but it’s heading in that direction! Clearly us AB fans want the lumbering Itsabutt on the paddock to help slow the Boks pack down.....Let’s find him not guilty please!!

Aug 30, 2019, 23:00

There is no black or white in a rainbow. Put that in your pipe and smoke it and see where that takes you

Aug 31, 2019, 04:46

Not sure what you’ve been smoking but I’d avoid it....

Aug 31, 2019, 10:42

Too late moo, he's brain is fried already :D...must have been good stuff.

May 20, 2021, 15:19

LOL!!! Wonder what's the current status.

May 21, 2021, 06:42

I am afraid nothing has happened regarding  to the above.  Maybe the NPA  is so overwhelmed by corruption investigations that they have not the time to deal with a minor issue like this which entails  a "He said She said" scenario,   However, in the racist-obsessed country like SA  racism issues receive  priority and if there was anything proven by fact the matter would have gone to court already,               

Duplicate

Duplicate

Duplicate

May 21, 2021, 13:05

Poor ou redstink. Hahhaahahahahahahhahaha

May 21, 2021, 14:54

And we see the magnum opus of Lügnerin, his quadruple posting. How can he top this feat? We will never know. 

You need to Log in to reply.