FIXTURESNo upcoming fixtures — check back soon.
FORUM / RUGBY /  Rugby selections???

Rugby selections???

Started by Saffolk 0 REPLIES9 VIEWS· 03 Oct 2026, 00:49
SHAREXFACEBOOKWHATSAPPTELEGRAMREDDITLINKEDIN
SA
Saffolk Captain31,017 posts
03 Oct 2026, 00:49
#1
03 Oct 2026, 00:49#1

Every time I see Riley Norton play I ask myself how he was a training injury away from winning his first Bok cap

What has he done to merit being a test cap?

Same applies to the regular selection of v Staaden

Then you get a guy like Roos who regularly shines at provincial level, gets thrown a test here and there, never a few in a row to allow him to settle. Same applied to the du Preez twins, Andre Esterhuizen, RG as a starter, Wilco and Thomas out in the cold for years , Jason Jenkins with one cap while powder puff Mostert wins over 50 caps

Tyrone Green never getting a call up. Same applied to Duhan v d Merwe way back. How has Dayamani never won a test cap yet Norton effectively has.

How is Ruben v Heerden overlooked, until recently being capped through injury to Norton I think. Ruben is far far better than Norton at this stage, it’s not even close

How is AH Venter being overlooked for a flank playing hooker or a 39 year old Deon Fourie?

I’d love to hear the explanations of some of these selections from the horse’s mouth of course

Puzzling to say the least

— END OF THREAD —

More from Rugby

More news