FIXTURESNo upcoming fixtures — check back soon.
FORUM / RUGBY /  So am I the only one feeling like this about the TMO situation in rugby union?

So am I the only one feeling like this about the TMO situation in rugby union?

Started by Pakie4 REPLIES11 VIEWS· 28 Sept 2026, 07:39
SHAREXFACEBOOKWHATSAPPTELEGRAMREDDITLINKEDIN
Pakie
PakieCaptain18,410 posts
28 Sept 2026, 07:39
#1
28 Sept 2026, 07:39#1

I feel TMO should do try or no try, nothing else.

The rest down to the onfield officials - there are three of them FFS. The cellphone situation yesterday just about made a joke of the game. Few weeks ago in Baltimore a Bok/AB test was interrupted for almost the length of a quarter of the game to fix comms issues.

These interruptions disrupt the intensity and flow of the games. By all means cite a player on review after the game if there's a head contact or whatever that the onfield guys missed, but let the game flow. It's being micromanaged to death right now and it's not like the game of union isn't in enough trouble as it is without these circuses.

Plum
Captain22,228 posts
Plum28 Sept 2026, 06:52

@Pakie I often think they bloody spastic.

Actual decision aside, and in terms of time taken, I do wonder about the production software. Wouldn't surprise me if they actually struggle to see replays in time, if there is bad latency and if it's actually got very shitty controls.

EG; You know how for a try, they sometimes check various angles and it's difficult to tell if a body part was in touch when the ball was grounded?

We live in a world where such thugs as quantum encryption exist, but the production software is so shit that they still have not incorporated a split screen...where you can see the same event, on the same timeline, but from 2,3 or 4 angles simultaneously.

I think you know what I mean...from one angle you can see when the ball is grounded, and the other angle shows you the foot in touch. These fucking clowns are still viewing those angles separately and then guessing.

We live in a clown world.

Pakie
Captain18,410 posts
Pakie28 Sept 2026, 07:05

@Plum what other sport right now requires an in-game conference between four officials (and then in some cases on to another bunch in a "bunker") to get a simple decision made? It's bollocks, a game being drowned in the self-importance of its decision makers.

— END OF THREAD —

More from Rugby

More news