Stormers vs Sharks....the real scoop in delayed time

Forum » Rugby » Stormers vs Sharks....the real scoop in delayed time

Mar 14, 2020, 18:47

# Dud Toit was an absolute red card. No attempt to stop, no concern for the player in the air.....just the red mist. Good for the contest but clearly wrong.

# First scrum.....Kitshoff straight through Thomas, why is this man still a tighthead?

# Delightful step by Am puts Sharks away, following his own turnover.

# Second scrum Thomas folds again but the ball is out.

# Du Plessis wastes 2 good attacking balls with poor kicks

# Thomas makes amends with a turnover.....Bosch botches.

#Du Plessis like sand in the machine so far....now he’s buggered

# Dud concedes another penalty.....offside.

# Attacking Sharks scrum near the line....Thomas in trouble, Notsche goes, pathetic Bosch kick takes away the chance.

# Fassi strolls through a barn door gap, poor defense by Roberts. But Awgoostus, Lleyds and Jantjies straight back. Very poor defence for both tries.

# Patrick Lambie has a lot to do with Bosch’s new kicking style apparently....as he misses another one.

# Willemse blows another high ball....he looks too tense.

# Dud playing in his brother’s spot on the wing steps into touch for no reason. 

Pretty intense half spoiled by errors and very poor tactical kicking.

Mar 14, 2020, 18:52

Dud got a knee to the head...I know it was still stupid.

The Sharks were good but they got away with murder competing on the deck.

Mar 14, 2020, 19:27

#Second half starts, the last half of real rugby until who knows when.

#Dud makes a good open field tackle on Fassi.

# Very dubious penalty against Kitshoff, but Mapimpi fails to gather for a try.

# Another penalty to the Sharks.....Stormers losing the territory/possession battle. Bosch channels his inner Lambie.

# Nice Stormers possession blown by Dud losing the ball. Dud gets hooked.

# Esterhozen dominating the mid field collisions.

# Awgoostus battles for a good turnover, this guy is effective when he gets involved.....and then he runs a perfect line past the feeble Bosch, and passes at the right time. Stormers in the lead.

# Willemse takes a great high ball and then drops a simple pass.

# Willemse shows his stepping prowess but Scarra is overwhelmed....Bosch nails it from 60 metres...magnificent! Weak ball carriers are turnover bait.

# Some wonderful crowd scenes....emotional stuff as sport as we know it ends!

# Stormers scrum cracks without Kitshoff. Bosch is feeling it now.

# Burden knocks it on...I guess Jake was right switching him to flank.

# Stormers scrum cracks again,  the loose head replacement is hopeless and Wilco isn’t much better, dominated by Ox....great offload in the tackle by Esterhozen....Mapimpi easily  the burns Lleyds.

Mar 14, 2020, 19:50

Observations. Willemse and Bosch are hugely talented but limited by their weaknesses. Fassi has a long way to go at top level. Esterhozen is making monster contributions in the collisions.

Wilco Louw has really lost all the promise we saw in his first year. Thomas remains technically vulnerable...but can be dangerous if the scrum is going forward. That says he should play loosehead. 

Awgoostus is way more of a test prospect that Notsche. He is a Vermeulen like player, strong and good on the turnovers. Roets is intriguing ...he looks a size bigger out there as Skelton does. And the guy is aggressive.

Mar 14, 2020, 20:19

Augustus and Coetzee have got huge potential...and Esterhuizen is getting better every game...good momentum for the Sharks...and the Boks maybe, and the NZ buys into the Corona hype and cancels SR! Chickens!

Mar 14, 2020, 20:25

I like what I saw of Augustus - he is really living up to the promise he showed as an Under 20 player   

Mar 15, 2020, 01:04

Looks like you got this one right Tokkie.

Mar 15, 2020, 02:04

‘ and the NZ buys into the Corona hype and cancels SR! Chickens!’

Our PM has taken extra-ordinary measures to keep our country safe. It will have huge ramifications not only for sporting events but for our tourism and our economy. It hasn’t been taken lightly but at the end of the day, rugby comes second and families come first. Rudy Page alluded to this after their game against the Crusaders.

Jacinda makes a decision to protect our borders from a killer disease and you view that as ‘chicken’ yet Trump makes those decisions every day and he’s applauded and praised.

Perhaps you should ask what the Italian PM thinks of all this CV hype.

Mar 15, 2020, 09:52

I do not blame the NZ Government for anything to do with closing of the borders.  SA should have tested every SA Citizen who came back to the country from overseas visits - there are now 38 conformed cases in SA and all of those came back from foreign countries,   

The SA Government also brought back about 130 SA resident in Wuhan China after they were tested in China - but found negative.   They were put in isolation for 21 days in a hotel away from the major cities.

Until a vaccine is found to combat the virus people with health problems and the elderly are in danger - the recovery rate of others have been high,   So it is better to be careful to prevent spreading of the disease,  

What makes people unhappy was the cancelation at the last minute of the Jaguares - Highlanders game.   The players were already in Argentina and the teams named.   Somebody - and one can assume it was from NZ caused that to happen.   That was to my mind a late panic-induced decision and reflects badly on anything constructive being done.

Mar 15, 2020, 10:36

Mike.....

This was not a panic-induced decision by anyone in NZ. It was more than likely cancelled by the Landers coach and staff in consultation with the players so that they could make it back to NZ before the directive came in at midnight on Saturday.

Just like the games cancelled in the WC, I doubt many people would have been that phased when lives are at stake.

Mar 15, 2020, 11:12

What did Fassi do today that shows he still has a long way to go?

Thomas was huge in the scrums but for the first one. He is learning the art of tighthead

The issue was not with Wilco at all the issue lies with a weak replacement loosehead in Blose and the lack of physicality from Scara at 2.

When Wilco has started with Kitshoff at 1 they have dominated

Augustus today showed he has something to offer

Disagree on Notshe, he has been outstanding all season and solid today in a tight game

Mar 15, 2020, 11:14

Clouds, apologies, I should not have jested...The Coronavirus is a serious thread to the world as we know it...Ridiculing situations like this is the South African way...it's what we do to cope...Google Nando's adds.

I meant no disrespect, it was intended as light banter.

Mar 15, 2020, 12:44

The horsey Ardern (big friend of freak goth woman Raylene) is correct to close the borders to try and ward off the CV.

However Ardern made a right ass of herself again by saying Oz should not be deporting many nz criminal back to good old nz. 

Man did the dumbass get pasted for that. 

Nz deserve better (only just) than having such an incompetent mare as PM! :D

Mar 16, 2020, 02:19

Thanks Draad...appreciated.

I see the aussie PM has followed Jacinda’s directive of a 14 day quarantine for travellers entering Australia. This really has become a global crisis and how much it impacts us individually, really depends on how we protect ourselves. We all have to make sacrifices for the greater good.

Mar 16, 2020, 23:10

Yeh like taking back all the many nz criminals Oz sends back to nz. :'(

Mar 17, 2020, 00:46

I wasn’t going to reply to you beeno but you seem to be craving my attention........so just to set you straight.

She’s fighting for those kiwis who have been residents of Australia for years, have worked and paid taxes and brought their families up in Oz, families who know nothing about NZ and consider Australia their home. Even if they take out citizenship that is no guarantee that they won’t be deported so they obviously don’t have the same benefits as other Australians who do their time and have the luxury of returning to their families.

You should really get your facts straight instead of reacting to a leader you don’t like, who is doing what’s best for her country and her people......oh wait.

You need to Log in to reply.