The main cause behind NZ decline (Ottoman empire related)

Forum » Rugby » The main cause behind NZ decline (Ottoman empire related)

Jul 17, 2022, 13:29

It is said that one main cause of the decline of the Ottoman empire was their inability to catch the evolution that went in the european battlefields, with the introduction of gunpowder, guns and rifles.

While European countries were involved in battles relying more and more on that new technology, the Ottoman Empire was involved in battles against countries not having introduced the innovation.

When they had to face the consequence of the transformation on the battle fields, it was too late for them, the train had left the station already.

The same has happened with NZ.

As NZ kept playing regularly against SA rugby, they kept playing against a rugby that overstressed their perception of their own physicality (the Transvaal farmer myth)
And a rugby that relentlessly kept reducing the share of rugby played game after game.

NZ failed to catch the transformation going on in the North.

They did not anticipate that the Leinster farmer could deliver a pack that measure to SA rugby but in addition, could play a high tempo, high intensity game during 80 minutes.

When they faced IR, they had to understand that rugby could not be reduced to a mere physicality dimension, but that a high physical squad could bring additional challenges to the field.

As NZ played regularly SA rugby, they came to be used to solve the physical challenge only. When they had to face FR, EN or IR, they had to solve the physical dimension of them but a few more challenges.

As a result, NZ appeared overwhelmed. Way too many challenges to face and overcome.

The main cause of the NZ decline is to have played SA rugby, a rugby that relentlessly cut down on the requirements they put on their players.

Jul 17, 2022, 13:33

Hahahahahaha hahaha. What a comic this buffoon is! :D

Jul 18, 2022, 19:09

Too many Muslims bird brain or maybe those farking mongols

Jul 18, 2022, 20:15

It is simple, New Zealand is not playing well for 2 reasons:

1. The tight five resources at the moment are not good. None of them would even get close to making a world XV. 
Retallack and Whitelock were once the best lock combination in world rugby, but both are a bit long in the tooth now. 

2. The coach is useless, and he is playing the wrong game plan with the squad he has. 

New Zealand has always been a team that can even win even with 30% forward possession and territory.
The backs need to stand deeper and counterattack more and kick less for territory.
They need to run the ball from side to side as they used to with their superior passing skills until a gap opens up. 

Their pack is not physical enough to match the top 5 test teams at the moment, but they have always been a very mobile pack that can get from ruck to ruck. 

They destroyed Ireland in the world cup quarter-final playing the traditional high-tempo All-Black game. However, in the world cup semi, they moved Barratt to blindside lock to try to match the physicality of England- and it was a disaster. They did not back their natural game as they did in the quarters.  
All Blacks are all about fast loosies and backs that can pass better than anyone. 

Any day now some new tight forwards will pop up from New Zealand, and they will get back to their best. Sure, other teams have improved, but New Zealand is just not playing well at the moment.
But they will be back, you can be sure of that. Only a fool would not fire the current All-Black coach and put Scott Robertson in his place. 

Jul 18, 2022, 20:21

Your tactical acumen is utter bullshit Bark. Stick to what you know best, picking your nose with your toes. 

Jul 18, 2022, 20:37

I am sure many New Zealanders would agree with me. I value their opinion, not some Pommy chav that was not allowed to play the game. 

Get back to football where you belong...

Jul 18, 2022, 21:17

Football is your nation's favourite and number one sport, so seeing as you are all shit at the rugby, go back to kicking your can in the street Bark. 

Jul 18, 2022, 23:31

Stink rose STFU you’re one dumb muthafucka.

You’re so stupid you can’t see you’re getting schooled by sharkie. He’s right on every level. Nailed it about the ABS everything he’s brought up has been poured over by the NZ media in the aftermath. If the great Sir Buck Shelford can see the rot then who the fuck are you to question?

Go back to playing tiddly winks with Ken and Barbie you plonk

Jul 18, 2022, 23:35

‘ Only a fool would not fire the current All-Black coach and put Scott Robertson in his place. ’

The wheels are in motion

Jul 18, 2022, 23:36

This must be Bark's alternate account. A white lib pretending to be black. Hilarious! 

Jul 18, 2022, 23:42

And a little dick with small man’s syndrome trying to be a rosarian. Fucking comical

Jul 18, 2022, 23:44

Back to your phallic obsession hey koro? 

Jul 19, 2022, 15:05

I am not counting on them firing fozzie, bunch of arrogant cunts that can't  admit they fucked up.

It need to be done on Sunday and if they haven't done it by Friday I am picking the cunts will not do anything. 

I am being fucked over by arrogant pricks and I am not happy

Jul 25, 2022, 17:43

Bang on sadersfan. They sack two assistant coaches and bring in another. This is how it will play out. The ABS will win all their games leading up to the WC. They win the WC they sack Foster and give the reins to Schmidt and Razor fucks off overseas.

The rest of the country od’s on Prozac. Nah man I’m just pulling ya leg

Jul 25, 2022, 23:09

Maybe they don't see the need to rock the boat you sheep shagger. 

Jul 26, 2022, 11:10

The operative word being ‘shagger’ so how’s your little phallus working for you or is it just a tool for strengthening your wrist?

Be a fucking miracle if that little dick rocked any boat hahaha

Jul 26, 2022, 15:47

Hansen should of gone after 2015 along with the whole coaching team, all down hill after that. The problems were there all along and after the 2019 rwc it was plain as the nose on your face then the morons appoint fozzie as if they expected a different result.

Fozzie wasn't wanted in 2019 by the people that count and we have been proved right but the cunts still can't  admit that they got it wrong.

I still worry that they will pass over on Razor next year because We have  arrogant cunts in charge.

Jul 27, 2022, 23:16

Well the Boks pretty much always play with one hand tied behind their backs….what team leaves Marx on the bench? So if you chaps have to play with a school marm as coach I can’t feel to sorry for you. 

Jul 28, 2022, 23:11

Sadersfan, I don't recall you banging on immediately after the RWC Final in 2015 that the ABs were on a downhill spiral and that the whole coaching team should be sacked.

I also don't remember you spouting forth again on this issue after the ABs beat the Boks 23-13 in the first game of RWC in 2019,  nor after we whipped Ireland 46-14 in the quarters.

It must be wonderful having just discovered the true meaning of "hindsight".........

Jul 29, 2022, 00:08

Hi Moolaa ….time to renew old friendships as a Bok/AB series looms. This is a tough one for your chaps played in RSA at altitude. What think you, can the ABs find their stride?

Jul 31, 2022, 00:08

Hi Moz,

Our best chance will be in the first test vs the Boks I think. May possibly catch them on the hop with our different style of play. Realistically I’m expecting it to be 2-0 to the Boks as our front row is not up to scratch and we are weaker at lock without Brodie available.

There are some promising locks coming through but they are inexperienced. We do have quite a few injuries too but I guess you guys have the same problem.In the backs, I still think we have the edge with little creativity from the Boks there from what I saw in the Welsh tests.

However, in order for our backs to perform, we need the ball and that may be hard to come by. The Boks will no doubt win lots of scrum penalties and either take the 3 or kick for the corner for the rolling maul try attempt. Boring but effective.

In a nutshell, Boks by 5 in the first test and 10 in the second.

Jul 31, 2022, 00:18

Two ways to generate momentum. Dumbasses talk about the pack... it's everyone. If the barriers don't get forward it's going to be pretty shitty trying to retain ball at the rucks. The Blocks can be useless when your lot get over the advantage line. Reeeally useless. What good is a BIG and FAT pack if they have to keep running back and chasing runners and support runners. The kiwis have enough strength up front. The Blocks aren't that strong anyways... they just do things in gangs. Gang tackles, attack the rucks in little groups and carry with two guys driving them forward. It;s so fucking linear. 

You need to Log in to reply.