CLclevermike
Coach57,555 posts
CLclevermikeCoach57,555 posts
15 Mar 2015, 09:16#3
Incidentally I made a fatal mistake by bringing in Barrett as the flyhalf and making him my captain. He will be dropped next week and replaced by Pollard.
JWJust_win
Captain18,570 posts
JWJust_winCaptain18,570 posts
15 Mar 2015, 10:55#4
Looks like a very good result At least three people will break 500 and the average is good. Kiwis dominate the top 5 of course
CLclevermike
Coach57,555 posts
CLclevermikeCoach57,555 posts
15 Mar 2015, 11:21#5
The moment I pick a kiwi player everything goes sour - so what about that?
CLclevermike
Coach57,555 posts
CLclevermikeCoach57,555 posts
15 Mar 2015, 11:37#8
Brycy
Du Toit got injured fairly early in the game (roundabout minute 27) - but he still scored 15 points - that accounts for his low score.
JWJust_win
Captain18,570 posts
JWJust_winCaptain18,570 posts
15 Mar 2015, 11:40#9
Steven Moore is back to scoring high in fantasy rugby after his injury last year.
CLclevermike
Coach57,555 posts
CLclevermikeCoach57,555 posts
15 Mar 2015, 12:00#10
JW
I tried to update the points as given now - I know Juicers is now on 518 points and myself at 490. However - I have difficulty to get the info on other members of our league. Can you help please.
I still think the points allocation is not final. As an example I want to refer to the point allocation of Koch and Kitshoff - they demolished the Chiefs scrum - but got comparatively low scores. The same happened last week when they were scored much higher in the end.
15 Mar 2015, 12:05#11
chiefs actually had the better of the stormers scrum by the end tho...
CLclevermike
Coach57,555 posts
CLclevermikeCoach57,555 posts
15 Mar 2015, 12:13#12
They got better when Vermaak came on - they were desperately poor in the first 55 minutes. That was when both Koch and Kitshoff were replaced. Even after the replacement the best they could do was to get one scrum penalty and got penalized ones. Vermaak is desperately poor and should never have been on the bench. Even after the replacement of the two starters the rest of the few scrums were fairly static - nobody really had the upper hand - despite Vermaak.
Please I am still trying to get the rest of the updated league scores - without much success - cannot get the info up on Foxsport. Can you please try !!!
JWJust_win
Captain18,570 posts
JWJust_winCaptain18,570 posts
15 Mar 2015, 12:57#13
CleverMike: I can't help as I cannot see any of the scores other than my own. It has been like this from the first time I joined Fantasy rugby in 2015. Sorry mate.
My score in now 594.
CLclevermike
Coach57,555 posts
CLclevermikeCoach57,555 posts
15 Mar 2015, 13:05#14
J-W
I updated all the scores and you must really see the total point score of our league it is 7035 points with the average score per player now 503
I feel I let the team down this Round with at least one bad player selection and a worst captaincy choice. Hope to do better in Round 5.
JWJust_win
Captain18,570 posts
JWJust_winCaptain18,570 posts
15 Mar 2015, 13:15#15
503 is a fantastic average! We will see if that move us up the overall league comp. ranking.
CleverMike: the difference between an average score and a very good one is often luck. A key injury or a couple of players having average days & you are done. Good thing about our league is we have a good overall average & as a league we are strong enough to absorb a couple of our members having an average day.
CLclevermike
Coach57,555 posts
CLclevermikeCoach57,555 posts
15 Mar 2015, 13:24#16
JW
That makes me feel a lot better. By the way - a bit of advice. The Bulls are playing the Force this coming weekend and I think that is the type of game where Pollard will score big time. I am going to go back to him and likely to make him my captain next round.
15 Mar 2015, 13:37#17
I got 601 this we my best ever score.
15 Mar 2015, 13:41#18
Be better off having my kids in the 14 ,even they can score over 500 ! Ah well congrats to all especially luke .It seems I have yet to get the hang of the new system but forgetting to make folau my cap cost me 40 odd points and those useless nic groom and kepu ...
15 Mar 2015, 13:42#19
Well take out barratt too. Huge fan but his points so far just dont justify his value. Pollard bk in. Reinach has been mediocre at best. Prob Peranara in for him. Blues bye so prob bring in arnold theyre facing the tahs away tho. A prop too any suggestions? Even tho I kicked ass this weekend :D.
ABABasquefan
Pro2,549 posts
15 Mar 2015, 13:45#20
@mike,
you've got all the provisional scores right, don't worry.
Tomorrow when they put the definitives they'll change but probably not too much.
About Kitsoff and Koch, last week they scored much higher in the end because of the tightheads (I think they made 3 which are 21 points) but this week the only tighthead was against the stormers by the end of the match (I cannot remember if both were on the field, probably not) so don't expect too much changes
ABABasquefan
Pro2,549 posts
15 Mar 2015, 13:48#21
503 is a very good average, congrats to everybody,..... specially 3ku1 who surpassed the 600 points barrier, well done
JWJust_win
Captain18,570 posts
JWJust_winCaptain18,570 posts
15 Mar 2015, 13:53#22
I will see if I can afford Pollard.
15 Mar 2015, 13:55#23
Tbh tho I had a stroke of luck making savea cap. Got me 184 alone. Wont happen every weekend.
JWJust_win
Captain18,570 posts
JWJust_winCaptain18,570 posts
15 Mar 2015, 13:55#24
Yes Pollard is a good selection but it will be a matter of if I can afford him.
I have already made sure my subs are cheap (risk being they probably will not be selected to play & prob. won't be on the bench either).
Byes: Blues, reds, stormers
I have 5 starters from these 3 teams. It will be a juggling act. I will have to make 3 trades for sure
15 Mar 2015, 15:25#25
not sure how many trades their well be but hope at least 4. Need to take out or bench voch. Bench tuipolutu hopefully. Barratt for Pollard. And Reinach for Peranara. So;
Voch out for Ben Franks, Sio, or kepu
Rasenberg out for Arnold abottt of canes
Reinach out for Peranara
Barratt out for Pollard
JWJust_win
Captain18,570 posts
JWJust_winCaptain18,570 posts
15 Mar 2015, 15:31#26
3ku1 according to the rules we get
"up to 4 in rounds where three or more Super Rugby teams have a bye), "
There are three teams with a bye next week so we may get 4 trades but we should wait to be sure.
CLclevermike
Coach57,555 posts
CLclevermikeCoach57,555 posts
15 Mar 2015, 15:32#27
ABF
As far as I recall the Stormers won two tightheads this week before the benching of Kitshoff and Koch. The Tighthead the Chiefs won was after they were benched. They had relatively low scores before the final scores were put up last week before their scores were raised in the final analysis and I think the same will happen in this case.
ABABasquefan
Pro2,549 posts
15 Mar 2015, 15:57#28
@mike,
for the foxsport scoring system the tightheads have to be very clear (as it was the one made by the chiefs), I cannot recall the 2 you mention ( I remember some penalties against the chiefs on their feed but this doesn't count as tighthead) ,...... but they could happen, in this case both stormers props will increase their scoring because the tightheads are yet to be accounted
CLclevermike
Coach57,555 posts
CLclevermikeCoach57,555 posts
15 Mar 2015, 16:22#29
Luke
Where their are 3 byes in a round their inevitable will be 4 trades. I also look at the opposition and performance before I finally made up my mind.
I have a much more serious problem on the Dream Team Fantasy Compeition - NZ Herald. My lowest score was with Williams - he only collected 8 points in the match. Barrett got only 18 and that at flyhalf - it cost me dearly, since he was my captain. I may keep Williams around a while longer - but if that continues to produce rubbish in that competition he is a goner.
In the Test Rugby competition he also was a serious let-down - getting only 100 points. Williams is an expensive player and if he produces low scores he is not worth having.
That is why I wonder how he managed to get 40 points on the Foxsport competition. His off-loads were good - his ball carries non-productive and he did not create a single try.
JWJust_win
Captain18,570 posts
JWJust_winCaptain18,570 posts
15 Mar 2015, 16:36#30
One thing I learned from last year was not to leave it too late when it comes to using my wild card. By about round 5 it was clear my team was average & because I did not make major changes for 3 weeks I paid a heavy price. My team is still stro ng but I will use the wild card when they are average .& it would take too many trades to get a high performing team.
16 Mar 2015, 01:30#31
Mike SBW Stats againgst Stormers;
12 Sonny Bill Williams Metres: 30 Carries: 11 Defenders Beaten/CleanBreaks 1 Passes: 8 Offloads: 4 Turnovers Conceded: 3 Try Assists: 3
Could be try assists you get some points their. And his carries. He got 15 points from Try Assists alone. 30 metres equates to 3 points. So that's 18 points. 11 Carries equals 11 points. So thats 29 points. One defender beaten so thats 31 points. 5 points from 5 linebreaks that 36 points. 4 points for two tackle busts. That makes 40 points
CLclevermike
Coach57,555 posts
CLclevermikeCoach57,555 posts
16 Mar 2015, 02:03#32
I fail to remember any real try assists on the part of Williams - neither can the other sites have seen it. Carries are only effective when eh beats a player and he did beat one only. The negatives are 3 possession losses, 1 penalty given away and a low tackle ratio - he never tried to tackle De Allende when he ran past him on three occasions, and made more meters in 5 carries than Williams did in 11.
However, I also looked at the ESPN stats and they also did not indicate any try creation on William's part:-
Williams0/000/8/113001434/00/010/0 de Allende0/100/5/53823117/40/000/0
He definitely was involved in a try assist, made two clean line breaks past Williams , made only one off-load and gave away no penalty. His negative was also the four tackles he missed - but he made 3 more clean tackles than Williams did.
As I said ESPN spoke of no try-assists - neither did Test Rugby or Dream Team - NZ Herald - whose final points figure was 12.
CLClaydog
Club Pro691 posts
16 Mar 2015, 02:09#33
I scored 543 but unfortunately in the group only. Lopeti's early injury hurt. If anyone is looking for a bargain loosie look at Ita Vaea of the Brumbies. He was on my bench and scored 55 and seems to rack up scores regularly.
16 Mar 2015, 02:43#34
I got the stats off NZ Rugby Herald.
CLclevermike
Coach57,555 posts
CLclevermikeCoach57,555 posts
16 Mar 2015, 03:17#35
J-W
Your earlier post on trades refer
The five players on byes in your starting line-up are
* Charlie Faumuina* Patric Tuipulotu * Duane Vermeulen* Ihaya West
With respect - I could only find four starters
Insofar as the props are concerned - it is likely for S van der Merwe to start against the Rebels and he may not be a bad player to have. If you are short of transfers, it may be better to look elsewhere.
Insofar as the lock situation is concerned - Romano is not bad to bring in. However, your problem may be with Du Toit - if he is not playing because of his injury on Saturday. However, the commentators did say his injury was not as serious as first thought and he may yet play on Saturday. If du Toit is not playing that would mean a definite trade in this case.
Since you really have no bench player of value - your second transfer will have to be here. What about replacing Vermeulen with Sam Cane or Ita Vaea of the brumbies? The latter is likely to be much cheaper than either of Vermeulen or Cane.
You are in the same fix at flyhalf too. You will not be able to find of much value in this case.
I might just do the unthinkable - I may trade SB Williams - he is bloody expensive - look for a cheaper center who plays regularly - eg Tamati Ellsion of the Rebels or even Francois Venter of the Cheetahs - and that way get money for a more expensive flyhalf. Against weaker opposition those two players would not be bad point scorers and any potential loss can be made up by higher points scored by the opposition.
You will have to try to recruit Cruden or Pollard by saving substantial money elsewhere.
16 Mar 2015, 03:21#36
Du Toit is out for the whole season apparently. So that means two trades for me in the locks department. Romano a real option. And maybe broadhurst from the canes, if he gets off.
CLclevermike
Coach57,555 posts
CLclevermikeCoach57,555 posts
16 Mar 2015, 03:44#37
Luke
I doubt that newspaper story posted by Mozart very much. A player does not walk around at the stadium after such an injury - and the commentators said that the injury is much less severe than it was feared it may be.
The examination of his knee will only be done by specialists on Monday and we should know by Tuesday what the case really is. He may not play next week - but given the circumstances a long term injury as mentioned seems to be unlikely. There is a match report on the Sharks website - where the injury was mentioned - but nothing else said about the severity of the injury. It surely would have been mentioned on teh Sharks website if it was a longer term injury.
So lets wait and hear about the Sharks website report tomorrow or Tuesday.