Here it is......the Rugby Championship Team of the Tournament!!!!

Forum » Rugby » Here it is......the Rugby Championship Team of the Tournament!!!!

Aug 13, 2019, 15:13

Finally the very best players are clearly in focus at Rugby 365.....their Team of the Rugby Cup:

Team of the tournament:

15 – Kurtley Beale (Australia): There was a lot of concern in Australia about Israel Folau’s absence. However, Kurtley Beale has proven to be a good replacement, especially with his exploits on attack. Bubbling under: Beauden Barrett (New Zealand)

14 – Cheslin Kolbe (South Africa): He has certainly cemented his place in the Springboks’ starting XV for the World Cup. He is always a danger with the ball and his work rate in defence is impressive. Bubbling under: Reece Hodge (Australia)

13 – Jack Goodhue (New Zealand): There were not a lot of standout performers in the No.13 jersey in this year’s tournament. However, Jack Goodhue has done enough good things to win selection. Bubbling under: Matias Moroni (Argentina)

12 – Samu Kerevi (Australia): He was the muscle in the Wallabies’ backline and he got his team over the gain line with some powerful carries. His performance against the All Blacks was out of this world. Bubbling under: Jeronimo De La Fuente (Argentina)

11 – Ramiro Moyano (Argentina): An elusive player with ball in hand. Argentina did not score a lot of tries in the tournament, but their backline players still threatened with the ball, especially Moyano. Bubbling under: Marika Koroibete (Australia)

10 – Handré Pollard (South Africa): He has given Springbok fans a lot of confidence ahead of the World Cup, especially after his all-round effort in Salta against Argentina. Bubbling under: Christian Lealiifano (Australia)

9 – Herschel Jantjies (South Africa): He scored two tries in his debut against Australia and then scored that crucial late try off the bench against the All Blacks. The youngster has certainly played himself into Rassie Erasmus’ World Cup squad. Bubbling under: Tomás Cubelli (Argentina)

8 – Duane Vermeulen (South Africa): He was a solid performer in that No.8 jersey and he led his team well in pressure situations. He will be important during the Springboks’ World Cup campaign. Bubbling under: Isi Naisarani (Australia)

7 – Michael Hooper (Australia): His work rate was exceptional. He always puts his body on the line and the blood and bruisers are proof of that. Bubbling under: Pieter-Steph du Toit (South Africa)

6 – Pablo Matera (Argentina): Another player who constantly plays out of his skin. He leads by example, especially with ball in hand and his tireless work at the breakdowns. Bubbling under: Ardie Savea (New Zealand)

5 – Franco Mostert (South Africa): He does a lot of hard work up front and has great aggression with ball in hand and on defence. Every pack needs a player like him. Bubbling under: Rory Arnold (Australia)

4 – Eben Etzebeth (South Africa): The veteran has lifted his game in open play this season. He still has that hard edge in the physical exchanges, but he has shown that he can vary his play. Bubbling under: Izack Rodda (Australia)

3 – Trevor Nyakane (South Africa): He was powerful in the scrums during the tournament, especially in the final game against Argentina. Bubbling under: Angus Ta’avao (New Zealand)

2 – Mbongeni Mbonambi (South Africa): He does the basics well for a hooker. He hardly put a foot wrong in this tournament and his ball-in-hand play has been good. Bubbling under: Dane Coles (New Zealand)

1 – Tendai Mtawarira (South Africa): Unmovable in the scrums and he did his fair share of work in defence for the Springboks. Bubbling under: Steven Kitshoff (South Africa)

Aug 13, 2019, 15:20

That's actually quite a good selection. Every so often the stars align and they get it right! :D

Aug 13, 2019, 15:41

There is one of two misses in that squad - like Mostert doing  "a lof hard work up front" where his contribution is about zero - but lets not forget that most players listed are really qualified based on there selections as stated above. 

Aug 13, 2019, 15:56

If only Steph was an ambiturner. :D

Aug 13, 2019, 15:58

If only Mostert was physical enough to be a Tight 5 player. :D:D

Aug 13, 2019, 16:11

Oh come now 99% of all Climate Scientists approve of this team. What is pleasing is how 365 has finally come round to the Moz philosophy.

I think it's fair to say I have been a strong supporter if not the lead supporter on the Board for Kolbe, Kerevi, Pollard, H Jantjies, the Beast, Etzebeth, Mostert and Matera.

Compare that to Muck who has been rabidly against or just constantly, naggingly negative on Kolbe, Kerevi,Pollard, the Beast, Etzebeth, Mostert and Vermeulen.

So step over the Muck and it may seem trite, but really, stick with moz.

Aug 13, 2019, 16:24

Another lie and they keep piling up.     I only criticized some players for underperformance.  

Vermeulen made a terrible mess of the 2nd test and was not good enough in that one - whether you like it or not.   

I made a factual statement about Kerevi - he is strong and slow - that is a fact,      

Mostert is not a lock - he is not physical enough at all,   He is also poor in open field tackling and is not a 7 as well.

For the rest I never criticized Pollard - but at the start of the test season in 2018 I said we must see whether he got his mojo - nearly destroyed by Meyer in 2015 - back.   Not a word of criticism since then.

Aug 13, 2019, 16:36

Pffffffffffhahahaha!

Moffie "discovered" Kerevi?

Moffie had never heard of Kerevi until a few months ago and even then he thought it was Kuridrani.

Moffie was also very scathing of Cheslin Kolbe until very recently. The fact that this self-important and puffed up old toad is trying to take credit for these players is laughable.

Here are some Moffie quotes on his new "discovery" Kolbe:

2016: "Aplon was a far more clinical player and a much better tackler in space. His timing from the back made him more dangerous and you never, ever saw Gio knocking on a kick at a crucial stage like Kolbe did on Saturday.

The Saffa game of favourites is hard to  accept."

2018: "Is Kolbe really going to work out as a test wing? I doubt it."

The "lead supporter"!

LMAO!

Aug 13, 2019, 17:00

Dec 14, 2018, 17:03

The same height as Shane Williams, Kolbe gave a more than perfect imitation of the Welsh stepper at Cardiff. He was virtually impossible to stop in space, bamboozling up to 4 tacklers in one run. Yes but, is the reaction to his virtuoso performance....but he is too small. Yet he took high balls well and brought down bigger opponents reliably.

In a toothless backline he is certainly an attacking weapon and a refreshing departure from the behemoths. Is he a WC weapon? Maybe not, but he did damn well this year apart from one instance where he flew inside on defence, something of a new Bok trademark.

Kolbe has vision, is as fast over the first 30 metres as any player in the game and has perhaps the best step in the game....and he is smart. Credit to Rassie for taking a risk on his potential.

Balanced, rational.....supportive. In Kolbe's case not the lead supporter just a strong supporter since last Fall.

..... Tell us again about Etzebeth.....Peeper

Aug 13, 2019, 17:06

Kerevi spectacular Forum » Rugby » Kerevi spectacular

mozart on Ruckers Forum mozart Hall Of Fame 28823 posts Apr 24, 2016, 02:02

What a performance from the Reds' centre. Eighteen runs netting 109 metres leaving 6 defenders in his wake. The way he shredded Allende to set up a Reds' try was discouraging. Every time this guy touched the ball he was a threat, a refreshing change from the boring phase running or tractoring of so many of our centers. Having the choice between Kuridrani and Kerevi is a luxury we can only covet.

KereviC 0 9 18 109 3 6 3 0 0 0 Likes ............

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahaha schplottt Peeper. You always start these spats....I finish them. Why do you keep trying only to get humiliated.....who knows?

Aug 13, 2019, 17:19

Pathetic.

I don't know anyone more in need of attention and admiration and less deserving of either.

You slagged of Kolbe for years until very recently and you'd never even heard of Kerevi until earlier this year and even then you thought he was Kuridrani.

The "lead supporter"! 

LMAO!

Aug 13, 2019, 18:10

Your favourite centers started off with Fat Fransie and then switched to fatter Bausteraud,  When that did not work out the next on the list was Kuridrani - slow and strong, Then onto Kerevi - also slow and strong - and now again Fat Fransie.

Are you bemused by fat and slow players!!!! LMAO      

Aug 13, 2019, 18:10

Your favourite centers started off with Fat Fransie and then switched to fatter Bausteraud,  When that did not work out the next on the list was Kuridrani - slow and strong, Then onto Kerevi - also slow and strong - and nw again Fat Fransie.

Are you bemused by fat and slow players!!!! LMAO      

Aug 13, 2019, 20:16

Soooo funny Peeper totally humiliated, and then he lamely repeats that I never knew Kerevi until this year. When I have just demonstrated that I started a very positive string on Kerevi on April 24 2016.

He joins Muck .....having no proper response, he just repeats his blown up lie.

Egg all over his fat, greasy Welsh face.

Aug 13, 2019, 20:19

No I'm not bemused by fat centres Muck....I never shared your enthusiasm for EW Viljoen.

Aug 13, 2019, 21:37

Who was NOT FAT BSter and because I said he did well in some Stormers games - better than your favourite De Jong did - you said I favoured him.   In the end he did not prove he was worth it and I never tried to write him into the Springbok team anyway

Let me give you a secret which I gave before.   The ideal weight for a 1,91 meter athlete is 105 to 107 kg.  Fat Fransie at one stage was  118 kgs - he now is reportedly 115 kgs.   Viljoen was 103 kgs - below what would be regarded as a fat player,

The more you lie the more you get into trouble. 

Aug 13, 2019, 21:38

Moffie thought Kuridrani was Kerevi!

LMAO!

Those of us playing Fantasy Rugby knew all about Samu Kerevi when he first came onto the scene. At least two years later Moffie made it embarrassingly clear that he'd never heard of Kerevi (or Kuridrani by the sounds of it.)

Now here we have the same ridiculous old fool saying this in November last year: "Is Kolbe really going to work out as a test wing? I doubt it." . . . and claiming that he's the first on this board to recognise Kolbe's talent.

I think - based on the above - that we can safely say that Moffie was in fact the last to recognise Kolbe's talent.

LMAO!

The decrepit old fool is so desperate for recognition and validation in his sad and pathetic life and so deserving of the ridicule and contempt he generates every time he opens his stupid trap.

Aug 13, 2019, 21:47

Hahaha the serial failure, no doubt deep in Carboardeaux at this hour.....still pushing his dishonest narrative.

Kerevi spectacular Forum » Rugby » Kerevi spectacular

mozart on Ruckers Forum mozart Hall Of Fame 28823 posts Apr 24, 2016, 02:02

Very satisfying, he can't let go, showing just how really pissed he is. Schplottttt!

Aug 13, 2019, 22:21

Wehe, Moffie (the "lead supporter") is too drunk to copy and paste!

LMAO!

Aug 13, 2019, 23:06

Not at all lush, I was simply giving you the string title and the date. But since you are so anxious for content....here it is:

Apr 24, 2016, 02:02

What a performance from the Reds' centre. Eighteen runs netting 109 metres leaving 6 defenders in his wake. The way he shredded Allende to set up a Reds' try was discouraging. Every time this guy touched the ball he was a threat, a refreshing change from the boring phase running or tractoring of so many of our centers. Having the choice between Kuridrani and Kerevi is a luxury we can only covet.

Which of course is a bit embarrassing, because the last sentence kinda blows your whole theory that I think they are the same player,out of the water.

Waaaaahahaha....stay down Lush.

Aug 14, 2019, 00:05

Kuridrani is slow? Well, here's what Dan McKellar has to say about him: 

"“What has been most pleasing with Tev is that he has continued to add new skills to his game and continue to look for improvement. His footwork and speed, the ability to offload and his effective short kicking game are all qualities that now make him a handful for any defensive line."

Dear Lügnerin is forever the class clown. :D

You need to Log in to reply.