Elton and Jaco's futures still not final
CHUMANI BAMBANI | 16 October, 2012 06:070 Comments Elton Jantjies of the Lions slips the ball to Jaco Taute to run in for his try during the Absa Currie Cup match between Vodacom Blue Bulls and MTN Golden Lions at Loftus Versfeld on September 08, 2012 in PretoriaImage by: Duif du Toit / Gallo Images
THE future of Elton Jantjies and Jaco Taute in Super 15 rugby is still uncertain.
SAVE & SHARE
0inShare
RELATED NEWS
- Brumbies sign South African giant Oosthuizen
- Chiefs find SBW replacement
- Lions players shift allegiances
- Elton deciding on his next move
- Super 15 newcomers Kings sign Lion, two foreigners
- Confusion over Maku's Kings move
The Lions' two Springboks have not yet signed for a Super 15 team for next year's competition. Both have been linked with a move to the Stormers on loan because the Lions have been replaced in the Super 15 by the Southern Kings.
"Nothing is official as yet," Jantjies's agent, James Adams, said yesterday.
"We are waiting for the Currie Cup final before any agreements are concluded.
"We do not want to cause any disruptions with the Lions or any other team involved in the matches leading up to the final who may have an interest in the player."
Lions chief executive Ruben Moggee said he would only be able to provide some clarity on their careers next week.
So far, prop Pat Cilliers and flanker Michael Rhodes have signed to Western Province while lock Franco van der Merwe will be lent to the Sharks.
The Kings announced the signing of Lions hooker Bandise Maku, but both the player and the Gauteng union have since denied any agreement being concluded.
Another player who is said to be in talks with the Stormers is Lions captain JC van Rensburg, but any deal is expected to be struck only next week.
Next year's Super 15 rookie team has obtained the signatures of a number of players ahead of their debut in the competition.
The Kings have signed Andries Strauss (Cheetahs), Steven Sykes (Sharks), Demetri Catrakilis (Western Province), Hadleigh Parkes (Auckland Blues) and Argentine international Nicolas Vergallo.


