FIXTURESNo upcoming fixtures — check back soon.
FORUM / RUGBY /  The Ole Cruz files...revisionism bites the dust

The Ole Cruz files...revisionism bites the dust

Started by Mozart107 REPLIES1,349 VIEWS· 23 Feb 2015, 21:11
SHAREXFACEBOOKWHATSAPPTELEGRAMREDDITLINKEDIN
CL
clevermikeCoach57,555 posts
24 Feb 2015, 18:59
#41
24 Feb 2015, 18:59#41
 Balls - you are getting worse by the second.  If you are wrong - you would go to calling everyone - inclusive of the editor - misleading members.    But then you are intent on driving posters who disagree  with you from the site - so I am not going to respond to further discussion of a topic where all indications are that you have embarrassed yourself.
 
MO
MozartCaptain49,914 posts
24 Feb 2015, 19:28
#42
24 Feb 2015, 19:28#42
Very convenient when you have been recorded as saying: 
"Ole Cruz claimed he was Tomas and he might have taken us all for a ride in that regard".

The old Kettleblack in top form. 
RO
RooinekCaptain18,117 posts
24 Feb 2015, 19:52
#43
24 Feb 2015, 19:52#43
Wehe . . . so the conceited old toad wants proof? Right . . . as if the burden of proof lies anywhere but in the court of the Tomas skeptics.
We have Tomas' own word (which in most civilised circles is enough to put the onus on the gainsayers to disprove him . . . but maybe that's not how the Yanks do it) and we also have confirmation from the board moderators that it was in fact a Puma test player who was driven away from this board because he quite understandably refused to validate his credentials (who else has ever had to do this?) and he didn't accept a Facebook request . . . oh and of course there's the very credible source of moola's friend of a friend who is some kind of liaison officer at the Chiefs and who claims Tomas' English was poor . . . something that the despicable and hypocritical old windbag Moffie quotes as a reliable "report" that in his little world equates to Tomas' own word as well as the corroborating evidence that the Ed put up . . . but here's old Grima Wormtongue claiming that makes it a 50/50 call while stamping his foot and demanding more proof!
And this artless and witless old buffoon wants us to believe he ran international companies? Pffffffffffffhahahahahahahahahahaha!
JW
Just_winCaptain18,570 posts
24 Feb 2015, 19:55
#44
24 Feb 2015, 19:55#44

Click on this link to  particpate in a relevant rugby related matter:

 

link to relevant rugby related topic 

MO
MozartCaptain49,914 posts
24 Feb 2015, 20:00
#45
24 Feb 2015, 20:00#45
So who are we too believe RooiAaS an aging lush who spends his pittance on the horses?Just provide the proof.  
RO
RooinekCaptain18,117 posts
24 Feb 2015, 20:23
#46
24 Feb 2015, 20:23#46
"So who are we too believe RooiAaS an aging lush who spends his pittance on the horses?"
Isn't this the same stinking hypocrite who had a go at Sharkbok when he used the word "waist" instead of "waste"? Yet here we have Grima Moffietongue who cannot even spell a simple two-letter word like "to".
LMAO!
Apart from that, his poorly-constructed sentence makes no grammatical sense without some punctuation.
Also, how typical is it that this old fool jumps to the conclusion that I lose all my money on the horses just because I put up a post to pay respects to the great Horse Chestnut who passed away last week ?
I know some people think I'm exaggerating when I talk about what a spiteful, vengeful and childish old hypocrite Moffie is, but one little sentence says so much about this sad and pathetic old loser.
MO
MozartCaptain49,914 posts
24 Feb 2015, 20:43
#47
24 Feb 2015, 20:43#47
Hahaha that's really desperate....but admit it, booze and gambling are a problem for you. It all fits quite nicely.... " You've got to know  when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em" ....bwaaaaahaha. 
CL
clevermikeCoach57,555 posts
24 Feb 2015, 20:52
#48
24 Feb 2015, 20:52#48
 Mozart
You are breaking our agreement again - calling me names.   Your quotation of what I said is absolute BS as it is not provided within the context of the discussions that preceded it.   And you completely lost sight of what I said in the very next sentence.  Taken into context it means that even if he is not whom he claims to be - he has a remarkable knowledge of the game and he made quality contributions way above what is generally encountered on the site.
However, you find one quote to try and get at me - but you fail to even understand that the rest of my comments all indicate strong support for Ole Cruz.   Consequently you are indeed carrying on a discussion in respect of which you have been thoroughly discredited.    
OI
oimateyPro1,870 posts
24 Feb 2015, 21:00
#49
24 Feb 2015, 21:00#49
I miss Ole Cruz contributions - they were really some of the best stuff on here.
Biltongbek too - I see he's gone. Civil, thoughtful fellow.

MO
MozartCaptain49,914 posts
24 Feb 2015, 21:07
#50
24 Feb 2015, 21:07#50
Mike I never tried to find one quote to "get you" .....I found one quote to correct you. You claimed you never said it....turns out you did. 
PE
poi-ePro1,044 posts
24 Feb 2015, 21:12
#51
24 Feb 2015, 21:12#51
 Like I said, anyone can reach out to Tomas on Twitter, @tomilavanini....ask him back, you can read his tweets too by the way, word of warning not a single one of them is in English.
sharkbok
sharkbokCaptain23,462 posts
24 Feb 2015, 21:20
#52
24 Feb 2015, 21:20#52
Hi Thomas
Remember me, "one" of the lunatics from  the RuckersForum?
OI
oimateyPro1,870 posts
24 Feb 2015, 21:29
#53
24 Feb 2015, 21:29#53
Certainly is plenty of evidence to suggest he wasn't who he said he was. Identity theft is not OK by any means, but from a rugby point of view doesn't really matter - whoever it was knew his stuff. 



PE
poi-ePro1,044 posts
24 Feb 2015, 21:29
#54
24 Feb 2015, 21:29#54
Quick way to put the argument to bed, unless people are worried what they might find out.
CL
clevermikeCoach57,555 posts
24 Feb 2015, 21:45
#55
24 Feb 2015, 21:45#55
 poi-e 
Suddenly back with your poison, bitch.   Do you live in the 1800's.  There are dozens of translation programmes on the internet where Spanish can be translated to English in a matter of minutes.   
If anyboiy writes a contribution in any other language - it can easily be translated and posted on the site - and stupids like you would not realize it was written in another language.
I am not surprised you are back on the site without making any rugby comments - so bugger-off and leave us in peace to deal with rugby issues of substance - not the rubbish you come up with.   
BE
Beeno1Captain40,032 posts
24 Feb 2015, 23:11
#56
24 Feb 2015, 23:11#56
 Poooie take no notice of ou maaaaikie. He has a go at Moz for alledgedly trying to get rid of posters but here he is saying you should buzz.Ou maaaikie sober up please! Like rooitwit you clearly had doubts about Thomas. Also its not good enough for a guy to come here and claim he is Thomas if he is not no matter hwo good his posts are!!!!!!!!!!!!Thats identity theft. 
Ole spent some time and energy insisting he was Thomas. When give the opportunity to prove it by pooooie (Very easy t odo - wouldnt take a second!) he declined and went off in a huff. 
Poor ou rooitwit doesnt see the difference between a person coming onto a website claiming he is an international rugby players and a person registering here under a board name like rooitwit. I would never think of asking who rooitwit is. If Bakkies Botha made an appearance folk would wonder if it reallywas bakkies. Ou rooitwit appears incapable of seeing the difference.
Sorry it smells fishy but its typical that ou rooitwit and sharkbok (who suck up everything dished) are now insisting that ole was genuine. Bwahahahahhahahahaha.
Forigve us for being global warming denialists because the facst are not supporting these wonky predictions now proven to be hopelessly WRONG. Or because like any sane person I know that evolution is the hoax of the 20 th century as scientists are now saying, or that like any sane person I dismiss the notion that the universe can create itslef from nothing.
HAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HILARIOus STUFF FROM THE BUFFOONS.I SINCERELY HOPE THEY WILL NOT LEAVE THE BAORD GIVEN THEIR IMMENSE ENTERTAINMENT VALUE.  
By the way ou maaaikie these translation programmes are not perfect.OLE CRUZ AFRAUD UNTIL IT IS PROVEN OTHERWISE. I will not be surprised to find he denies ever psoting on Ruckers. I could be wrong as no absolute proof has been provided either way but I elan on the fraud side fro the reason given.
I appeal to all poster resit the temptation to register here as some rugby great and take in poor rooitwit, sharbokkie and company even if would be sooo funny to see rooitwit fawning over Ricthie Mcaw!! 

BE
becsPro4,378 posts
24 Feb 2015, 23:18
#57
24 Feb 2015, 23:18#57
 I didn't fawn over whoever he was, whether he was indeed an International Rugby player or someone purporting to be one ( and I did say he spoke English like a native, not like someone who spoke it as a second language, so congratulations, whoever it was posting on here ! ) 

As for any Rugby player wishing to make an appearance, I wouldn't fawn over them either. It is not in my nature, I have met too many in the past ( and I have known some very famous players well enough to know exactly what they think to people who just want to be associated with them because of who they are ) but I will admit to being highly overawed by some in my youth ! Mainly because I am very shy by nature 
BE
Beeno1Captain40,032 posts
24 Feb 2015, 23:25
#58
24 Feb 2015, 23:25#58
 Becs you are clearly a complex woman far beyond the ken of most of the oaks here.
PE
poi-ePro1,044 posts
25 Feb 2015, 01:12
#59
25 Feb 2015, 01:12#59
 Hey I'm just trying to reach out to your man crush DomMike, thought you'd be happy about that. 
BE
becsPro4,378 posts
25 Feb 2015, 01:51
#60
25 Feb 2015, 01:51#60
 No Beeno, I just don't fawn over people because they might happen to be famous or know someone important or be immensely rich ! I don't fawn, full stop. As a Schoolgirl, I had the pleasure to meet some of my absolute favourite players ever and, as someone in my early twenties, I was well acquainted with many of my favourite players. I consider myself to have been very fortunate. But I certainly struggled to hold a coherent conversation with some of them, that is for sure !! 
CL
clevermikeCoach57,555 posts
25 Feb 2015, 04:38
#61
25 Feb 2015, 04:38#61
 Mozart
Why don't you quote what I really said in that thread amnd stopped at one quote which you misinterpreted totally?
MO
MozartCaptain49,914 posts
25 Feb 2015, 05:44
#62
25 Feb 2015, 05:44#62
Mike you accused me of lying....I proved my case....and now you want me to help you. I never misinterpreted anything, in fact I never interpreted anything. Your words, quoted accurately and without alteration speak for themselves.
CL
clevermikeCoach57,555 posts
25 Feb 2015, 05:51
#63
25 Feb 2015, 05:51#63
 My one comment - taken completely out of context - and suddenly a case is made up by you?  Why not quote all my comments under that thread  and then make out your case
Where did I say you were lying?   
MO
MozartCaptain49,914 posts
25 Feb 2015, 06:02
#64
25 Feb 2015, 06:02#64
  
Status: Hall Of Fame 
Posts: 15143RE: A Matter of Honour
February 23, 2015, 15:57:31 Mozart
Leave me out of this one.   I never said that Cruz was not the real one - so your statement to the contrary is misleading.    


CL
clevermikeCoach57,555 posts
25 Feb 2015, 06:59
#65
25 Feb 2015, 06:59#65
 All my contributions to that thread please - and your response to the question  about "lying"  is ridiculous.   There is no legal interpretation that "misleading"  is in fact the same as "lying".   In this case the misleading relates to withholding of crucial information - not providing false information which could represent "lying" .   So try again. 
MO
MozartCaptain49,914 posts
25 Feb 2015, 07:42
#66
25 Feb 2015, 07:42#66
If you insist, kindly point out where  in this long rambling, self congratulatory diatribe  you deny the section I quoted where you say Cruz may have taken us for a ride. Then explain how this "context" makes my post misleading. Don't run away now!

RE: Ole Cruz/Tomas 
February 05, 2014, 01:51:55

 OK - Lets summarise this one


Ole Cruz claimed he was Tomas and he may have taken all of us foir a ride in that regard.  However - whenever he made a rugby contribution on this site ut was more insightful than what we generally see on this site.  


There is one thing though and it has everything to do with what we try and do on the site and that is to -


*  discus rugby-related issues; and

*   not use the site for personal attacks on members.


We all go overboard from time to time on the latter issue - but most members talk riugby and not personal issues here.   There are however members who use the site purely for personal attacks on other members and here poi-e and ceradyne are typical examples of the filth we have as some members.   We all try and poke fun at each other site members - they represents the s[removed] that spread poison without any rugby contribution ever.  


That is the type of thing that destroyed the NZ forum and most NZ members have mentioned it before on this site from time to time.  We discus the moles that come and do the same thing here = yet we have our own sheisters here as well.


A few years ago one member had the audacity to spread all the personal information on Mozart all over a site and it caused major problems - so lets keep those off the Board and discuss rugby issues. 


One last thing - whatever can be said about Ole Cruz - he knows more about rugby than almost all members we have here and it showed in his contributions.   That is why I would have liked to see more of those here - and less of the crap ished up by some sheisters we have as members.          


CL
clevermikeCoach57,555 posts
25 Feb 2015, 07:53
#67
25 Feb 2015, 07:53#67
 Mozart
I still think that all my contributions would have clarified what I was driving at in this case - but I think it would serve no real purpose to continue with this argument.  Cruz is unfortunately gone and there is no way he will come back.
For the rest I agree with you in what you wrote - I think you really summed up the issue comprehensively.    
MO
moolaaPro2,380 posts
25 Feb 2015, 12:05
#68
25 Feb 2015, 12:05#68
 Anyone with a modicum of knowledge of the English language will straight off spot that whoever wrote the posts under the name of "Ole Cruz" was not a 20 year old native of Argentina. I repeat that you only have to look at his sentence structure and the colloquialisms he used to realise these words were written by another person entirely.I accept a lot of you have English as your second language and therefore would find it difficult to spot but there are certain dopey posters here who have embarrassed themselves with their obvious gullibility over all this and now can't back down!Quit while you are way behind lads!!
GE
generaltitPro3,164 posts
25 Feb 2015, 12:48
#69
25 Feb 2015, 12:48#69
 Well if you ever go to Argentina....English is spoken, so indeed is German, Italian and other languages...Spanish ofcourse is the main which differs from Portuguese in Brazil and other SAmer countries. I was there in mid seventies and had no problem with language both in BA and Bariloche.

Tomas is educated...father and himself travel and quite frankly if someone with contact in Chiefs says not good...that's just hearsay and perception and bulldust...my wife writes perfect English but struggles a bit to talk...her language of course is Russian, probably the most difficult foreign language of all to read (Cyrillic) and pronounce.

Argentina is very cosmopolitan, even more so today and quite frankly it is insulting to suggest or infer him as a 20 year old native... bad taste.

Anyway here are a few extracts from the posts back in July 2013...his writing is acceptable but not exactly Cambridge or Oxford.

Hi... again!
July 01, 2013, 19:32:31

Hey guys! Sorry for going MIA (twice in a row now)!

You probably forgot me. I used to be Cruz, from Argentina.

2012 and 2013 have been immense for me in so many ways that it kind of overwhelmed me in the end.

I'm looking forward to debating some more with you lot. I'll have more free time now (moving to NZ soon) so let's hope I can sustain the habit of posting regularly.

Mike

 

Thanks mate. I am not used to posting in Forums so the habit kind of goes away after a while (short while, I'll admit!). But this time I intend to stick around.

 

My exams went pretty well! Thanks for asking. I am indeed furthering my career as player. I was called to the U20 squad and had the immense pleasure of playing the JWC, which was a marvellous experience. A massive step for me as I finally faced top notch opposition. I think I did a good job overall, but "good" does not cut it. I now know in depth what areas of my game I need to improve. I'm moving to NZ soon as I have been contracted by a franchise there, with the intention of being groomed for a future competition. It will be quite hard as said team is full of outstanding players, so getting actual game time is a bit far fetched short term. But my main goal is to embrace the special training NZ has to offer, especially with regards to the individual skills the guys there learn from a very young age.

 

Yep, my Dad spends several months a year in Clifton. I want to drop by and catch a few Stormers games, or maybe WP games. Love 'em.

 

Indeed, Los Pumas did not do well at all during the tests. But such an outcome was bound to happen if we [removed]yse the situation. 21 of Argentina's best players were forced to skip the international window, since the contract forces them to have a 4 week vacation prior to undertaking the physical preparations in Pensacola. As a direct result, the players called up were third-stringers, with most of them having experienced Vodacom Cup Rugby as the highest echelon in their Rugby careers. The ones that do play in France were in really poor form, and it showed. On the other hand, the English "rookies" had plenty of Premiership experience, so the difference was bound to be notable. Even then, I think some areas of the game ought to have been better. I am very critic of Phelan's tenure and I feel Los Pumas are horribly undercoached. They could do with a Super Rugby coach (which is exactly what is being pursued right now). Some of the names that are being toyed with are: Graham Henry, Jamie Joseph (highly unlikely due to his poor season with the Highlanders), the Waratahs' Michael Cheika (coached Leinster and Stade Francais, where he became really close to several Argie key players and authorities), and John Kirwan. There are some local names in the mix as well, such as Mario Ledesma, and Gonzalo Quesada.

RE: Hi... again!
July 04, 2013, 13:42:58

Thanks for the nice words guys!

 

Whoever wrote that article -- I owe you some money! Hehe.

 

Bluebok -- thanks mate. Will make sure to share some of my current and future experiences with you guys. There's always something to learn out there.

 

oimatey -- Thanks! Indeed the Chiefs are massively organised and from a technical point of view, they work like a Swiss watch. I don't think a single day will go down without me having learnt something from these amazingly talented people.

 

sebastienchabal -- My dream is to represent Argentina. To contribute to the National team, whaever my role may be. I'd be happy to sweep the floors in the changing room if that helped them. Argentina is such a beautiful place. Bariloche, man! Lovely place. Perfect weather, fresh air... lots of asado, wine, and criollos hojaldrados con manteca! 

 

Blobbok -- No worries mate. I refer to myself as an Argie when speaking English. Some people don't like it but that has more to do with the Falklands War than with any sort of personal aggression.

 

Beeno -- Hehe, you funny man. I've always admired Jake White. Not only is he a technical genius, he has great organisational skills. I love what he did with the Brumbies. Not only did he improve them from a technical and tactical front, but he also made them believe in themselves to carry out their game with vigorous guile and intent.

 

You can read it on this thread


http://www.ruckersforum.com/forum.cfm?threadid=5380







RO
RooinekCaptain18,117 posts
25 Feb 2015, 13:58
#70
25 Feb 2015, 13:58#70
Hmmmm . . . maybe moolaa's idea of perfect English is a bit different to everyone else's.

Thanks SubstantialBull, those extracts sound exactly what I'd expect from an educated and well travelled South American who has English as a second language and who quite clearly used a translator or a dictionary to construct phrases and sentences like: ". . . to carry out their game with vigorous guile and intent" and "I am very critic of Phelan's tenure" or ". . . let's hope I can sustain the habit of posting regulary". Those are all clearly tranlated or else grammatically incorrect.

Not sure what the standard of English is like in the dusty little hick town that moolaa lives in if he thinks that's perfect English!
CL
clevermikeCoach57,555 posts
25 Feb 2015, 14:12
#71
25 Feb 2015, 14:12#71
 Rooinek
Even if Cruz's English is iffy - there is no way that he cannot write his contributions in Spanish and use a computer translation to English to assist him.
The other issue is that he knew Cape Town well enough to mention that his dad has a house in Clifton.   A person from Argentina without good knowledge of Cape Town would not necessarily know about Clifton as a suburb of Cape Town.   
RO
RooinekCaptain18,117 posts
25 Feb 2015, 14:49
#72
25 Feb 2015, 14:49#72
Ou Maaik, the egg-faced and doddering old fool who started this thread would never admit it, but I bet he's wishing he hadn't!

LMAO!
MO
MozartCaptain49,914 posts
25 Feb 2015, 19:16
#73
25 Feb 2015, 19:16#73
 Well hahaha while we are enjoying ourselves, let's look at this sentence structure:
As I said earlier on this thread, if it is someone just pretending to be him then he's gone to an almost unbelievable amount of effort and research. 

If it is some impostor then he can't have much of a life . . . but he was a top class rugby poster. 


Lets particularly look at the last sentence...." if it is some  kind of imposter then he can't have much of a life". A contingent statement to be sure, but a damning one. And then the part that tells you which way the contingency is slanted....." but he was a. top class rugby poster"
Clearly the AAs thought he was an imposter
RO
RooinekCaptain18,117 posts
25 Feb 2015, 21:26
#74
25 Feb 2015, 21:26#74
Same old deceitful, manipulative, disingenuous, spiteful and childish lies. Ho hum . . . Not to mention the poor spelling. Someone shuld tell the old fop that the word is "impostor" . . . although Moffie's weak education has never stopped the pedantic and self-important old hypocrite from droning on about every spelling mistake he ever finds . . . even though he can't actually spell a 2 letter word like "to"!
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahaha!
MO
MozartCaptain49,914 posts
25 Feb 2015, 22:40
#75
25 Feb 2015, 22:40#75
"Lombburg"  you really shouldn't be on about spelling. But I know, it's all you've got.....bwaaaaahahaha.
MO
MozartCaptain49,914 posts
25 Feb 2015, 22:57
#76
25 Feb 2015, 22:57#76
 And then there is this:

The noun referring to one who takes an assumed identity in order to deceive is variously spelled imposter and impostor. Impostor has the edge, and it is the form recommended by most English reference sources, but imposter is not wrong. Not only is it nearly as common as impostor, but it is also nearly as old. Impostor came to English from the French imposteur in the late 16th century,1 and imposterfirst appeared almost immediately thereafter.2 And though the -or spelling has always been more common, imposter has always been present to some degree.

Related

Adapter vs. adaptor
Adviser vs. advisor

In fact, imposter is more common than impostor in some areas of English. In a search covering a few dozen of the most popular blogs in the English-speaking world, for instance, the ratio of imposter to impostor is about 6:5. Imposter is also a little more common than impostor in 21st-century Australian and New Zealand news publications that make content available online. The two forms are neck and neck in British and American news publications from this century. Meanwhile, in a Google Books search—which covers millions books, journals, and magazines—limited to 2000 to the present, impostor remains about three times more common than imposter.

If you came here looking for a simple answer, go with impostor, but only because that’s the spelling you’ll find recommended in dictionaries, usage guides, and such, which makes it the safer choice.

MO
moolaaPro2,380 posts
25 Feb 2015, 23:03
#77
25 Feb 2015, 23:03#77
 Thanks for those extracts Seb. I rest my case!!Actually Rooinek you can spell it "imposter" or "impostor". Look it up whilst checking the meaning of egg....You can't even get it right when scoffing at Moz!!
MO
MozartCaptain49,914 posts
25 Feb 2015, 23:07
#78
25 Feb 2015, 23:07#78

And this might be game, set and match for the pedantic gnome. This is how I picture the AAS sloping off the site after this latest humiliation....imposter indeed!

 

 

RO
RooinekCaptain18,117 posts
26 Feb 2015, 00:11
#79
26 Feb 2015, 00:11#79
Ah right, the old "if I can find it on the internet then it must be a genuine word" argument?
Chambers dictionary doesn't recognise the word "imposter" as a word or as an alternative to "impostor". 
You Yanks and Kiwis can quote whatever online dictionaries you like and demand your right to use words like "imposter", "color" and "tonite" but most people know those have been dumbed down for stupid people like Yanks (didn't know Kiwis as well but I'm starting to get the distinct impression that moolaa is from some godforsaken little rural hamlet somewhere in the the New Zealand wastelands) who no longer use proper English and are too stupid to even realise it.
Chambers is good enough for me. "Imposter" may be a Yank word but it's not an English one. Case closed.    
BE
becsPro4,378 posts
26 Feb 2015, 00:52
#80
26 Feb 2015, 00:52#80
 I have never seen the word spelt that way, nor would we be allowed to use a different spelling of it, unless we were writing French and we would then use their spelling, naturally. 
↓ LOAD MORE (page 3 of 3)

More from Rugby

More news